Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    rawdeadfish, I also stumbled over that rule six months ago. I also was used to safeties only allowing an extra turn when played as a coup. Nevertheless govotsos is correct, considering the official rules.
    Maybe dallashigh will build in an option in later versions.

dallashigh, although I did not comment on any of the recent updates, I want you to know, that this is the first game I download on a freshly doctored Pre and I'm still playing it on a regular basis. Excellent work, sir.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
  2.    #142  
    Glad you all are enjoying the new update. I think the beta phase is now over. I am working on a graphical redesign to make the app more visually attractive.

I will also be adding the ability to choose certain rules, such as playing all games to 1,000. If anyone would like the option to allow an extra turn only after a coup fourre and not after a regular safety, I may add that in as well.

By the way, does anyone know what's up with all the one-star thread ratings in the Homebrew Apps forum? Did someone get upset with a homebrew developer and decide to take their angst out on all of us?
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  3.    #143  
    Any SDL Mille addicts interested in a TouchPad version? I could look into making a multi-device package, but I want to know if anyone out there would actually use it.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    any sdl mille addicts interested in a touchpad version? I could look into making a multi-device package, but i want to know if anyone out there would actually use it.
    me me me me me
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Any SDL Mille addicts interested in a TouchPad version? I could look into making a multi-device package, but I want to know if anyone out there would actually use it.
    What a silly question! Of COURSE no one want it --- NOT!

Yep, full screen would be great.
    somline likes this.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    +1

It's been a great time-waster on my Pre.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    A TouchPad version would be awesome!
  8.    #148  
    Wow. Do you all own TouchPads? I had assumed the cross-section of SDL Mille and TouchPad users would be very small if even existent.

Has anyone tried SDL Mille on the TP? Does it install? Run? In that funky phone emulator or full-screen in a corner?
    It opens in the top left corner, but you cannot select to play.
    I think it would be great on the TouchPad!
  11.    #151  
    I've made a lot of progress on TouchPad support. I should have screen shots by early next week and hopefully a test build by next weekend.
    If you need a beta tester, I would be happy to look at it for you.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    One of my favorite games. Please port for TP?!
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    I've made a lot of progress on TouchPad support. I should have screen shots by early next week and hopefully a test build by next weekend.
    Sounds great!

BTW I'm sure you saw it, but did you see Geoff's tutorial for converting Mojo to TouchPad full screen? I don't know if it'll help any for SDL, but here it is just in case.

http://m.precentral.net/developer-how-to-mojo-apps-touchpad
    +1
  16.    #156  
    Well it's not quite finished, but this screen shot gives you a pretty good idea of what the game will look like on the TouchPad.

Oh, and don't worry: landscape mode is coming to the Pre as well!
    Glad to see the progress. I've got to say, though, personally I don't really like the layout too much. Having the hands & deck way over to the side feels like too much separation from my tableau. It feels like it would be more difficult to keep track of everything when your eyes need to cover so much screen real estate to see everything. For _me_, having the hand directly below the tableau (like on the phone), or somehow in greater proximity, or more closely tied to the tableau would make play easier.

I know it's still early days, but the layout in the screen shot just looks to detached.

Look forward (impatiently ) for the TouchPad release.
  18.    #158  
    I'll be making an option to disable the right-hand tray. Having it below the tableaus in landscape just looked odd to me, so I tried to do something different with it. [Here's a screen shot] with the tray in its traditional spot. It will be a while, but I'll also add support for portrait mode on the TouchPad in the near future.
    That looks better (to me). Do you think you could also include an option to select that layout or one with the hand on the left & deck / discard on right? It seems like the layout you show above would be easier for a left-handed person to use, while the deck / discard on the right would be easier for a right-handed person. The reason being if I am right-handed & tap the deck for a new card, before deciding what to do with it, I'll have to move my hand / arm because it will be blocking my view if my hand.

One other thing. Are the cards themselves larger than the phone version? It's difficult to tell in a screen shot with no reference. Could there be an option to select multiple card sizes?

I'm sorry if the above sounds negative, it's not. It's meant to be constructive. If I have one soapbox I'll jump on, it's User Interface / Experience. I'm an absolute demon on the idea that the form of the program be transparent to the function of the program. Everything about the interface should support & enhance the function of the program, never impede it. On screen design decisions are made with this in mind. Yes, even in a "rinky dink little free card cage". No program is too small that it's interface shouldn't be user optimized.

Since I can be so anal about these things, if you'd prefer to take this discussion off the forums, that's fine with me. Just DM me the method you want to use to communicate.
  20.    #160  
    Swapping which side the user's hand is shown on is something that I have been planning for quite some time, before the TouchPad was even in the picture. The graphics will be 50% larger for the TouchPad. In the beginning, they will just be simple zooms which means some aliasing and jagged edges. In time, I will go through and recreate them in the appropriate size.

I think in this day and age all developers are aware of the importance of UX. It is what keeps Apple fat and has only become more important as users have flocked to phones and tablets. I have put a lot of thought and effort into the interface and I continually work to improve it. KISS and iterative programming are the fundamental principles at work here.

I have been working on SDL Mille for 15 months. I've spent hundreds of hours creating code and graphics from scratch, testing, and debugging. Excluding white space and comments, the source now contains nearly 5,000 lines of code, each and every one typed by me.

The game is free only because I want it to be. I take pride in knowing that others are enjoying this game because of my efforts. I don't expect anyone else to appreciate this app as much as I do. However, I do ask that it not be referred to in a disrespectful or derogatory manner in this thread.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast