Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Thank you govotsos. That's exactly what I've expecienced as well on my Pre 2 (only you said it much better than I did) I'm glad that it's not just my phone.
    BTW my Pre 2 is a US Verizon Wireless Pre 2 w/ OS 2.0.1. There are a few patches, but I don't think anything that should be affecting this.
  3.    #123  
    I have experienced similar—if not identical—issues on Android. I've fixed the disappearing card problem. I'm still working on the other issues. I believe they are related to the drag-and-drop code.

In the mean time, the invisible card should reappear if you drag one of the other cards.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    The invisible card appears if I tap on one of the adjacent cards. There does not seem to be a repeatable pattern (eg. Always the card to the right) as to which card to tap to make it appear.

It seems to only exhibit this behavior if I double-tap to play a playable card or tap on card, tap on discard pile to discard a card. If I drag and drop instead of tap, I don't seem to have the dissapearing card issue.
    I love the game. Its a bit annoying on my pixi though. Game endings don't display, extra presses needed to advance...but that's because pixi + SDL !=good
  6.    #126  
    It truly is a shame that SDL apps don't work properly on the Pixi. My original plan was to wait for a fix from HP and let things work themselves out, but it's looking less and less likely that the Pixi will receive any updates at all in the future.

There is a way to "work around" the issue by combining SDL with OpenGL. It's somewhat complex and I've never worked with OpenGL before. Perhaps when my Pixi comes in, I can at least find a way to make the experience more pleasant.

I doubt I'll be able to get beta4 out before March. Now that I am fully aware of the problems on the Pre 2, I feel it would be irresponsible to release an update without fixing those issues. At this time, I can't say how long it will take to get everything working. I will post an update when I have a more concrete time line.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    After a card is played, frequently the replacement card does not appear in it's place. It's there and apparently selected because if you tap on the empty space and it's a playable card, it plays. If you tap the cards around it, it eventually appears. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to which card to press to make the "missing" card appear. Sometimes it seems to happen more often when you quickly double tap on a card to play. If you tap, wait, tap again, it is more likely to play correctly and have the replacement card appear.
    I've noticed this on an original Sprint Pre as well, both stock and overclocked. It seems to happen most often when using drag and drop, but the animation settings don't affect it either way. Often an image of the card you were dragging will be left somewhere midscreen, and the new card image fails to appear until you try dragging it somewhere.
  8.    #128  
    I've made some progress on the drag-and-drop issues, but there's still work to be done.

My life has been hectic lately. We had a death in the family, I'm going through major changes at work, and we just found out that my wife is pregnant... possibly with twins.

Stay tuned for updates.
    I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. Of course life takes precedence over fluff like a game. I hope the children bring love & joy.
  10.    #130  
    Thanks, govotsos.

I seem to have fixed the drag-and-drop issues. I have attached an IPK to this post, and I'm quite interested to have it tested by users with a Pre 2.

My diagnosis on Android is that the touch screen is missing "mouse up" (finger up?) events and it wreaked havoc with drag-and-drop. Hopefully the fix will work for the Pre 2 as well.

I don't know about the Pre 2, but on the EVO this seems to be a platform problem. When I run into this issue, SDL_GetMouseState() indicates that the mouse is down (screen is pressed) even if I'm not touching the device at all. Whether the problem is with the touch screen itself or within the platform software (e.g. OS or SDL) I have no idea. But I am sure that SDL Mille is only a victim of this bug and not the cause of it.

I haven't been able to actually fix the issue of missing mouse-ups, only work around them somewhat. So dragging should be working 100%, but tapping to select or play may still present problems on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    I love the game. Its a bit annoying on my pixi though. Game endings don't display, extra presses needed to advance...but that's because pixi + SDL !=good
    It's not much help, but I finally got around to Meta-Doctoring my Pixi today and played my game on it. I've found that turning on the "fast game" option [edit: and turning off animations] makes game play much smoother... I rarely have to tap the screen to update after the computer moves.

I do have some additions coming soon to make playing on the Pixi more pleasant, such as ignoring the first tap on the score screen.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dallashigh; 03/24/2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: additional info
    @dallashigh Do you think you could attach it as an unzipped .ipk? That way I can download and install all from the phone. It's amazing how RARELY I now turn on a "real" computer - the Pre is sufficient for a lot of what I want to do
    Here ya go
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/585860/com.w..._0.5.5_all.ipk
    No changes, just downloaded, unzipped, and rehosted.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Here ya go
    [url]
    No changes, just downloaded, unzipped, and rehosted.
    Thanks, your a gem!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I got the new patch loaded, and though not perfect, I find that it's better than it was - THANK YOU. Now I can get back to quality time wasting!!
  15.    #135  
    There is a bug in the test build I posted where a card may play after the first tap. It will be fixed in the official release.

There are some other goodies in the test build. If you turn on the "Hard Difficulty" option, it will enable the AI.

If you launch the game through the command line (Novaterm or SSH) you can see the AI's logic printed to the screen. Some of you might find it interesting.
  16.    #136  
    Here she is, folks! Download beta4 now!

Full changelog:

• Artificial intelligence for computer plays. Enable the "hard difficulty" option and start a new game to enable the AI.
    • Fixed issues with Pre2 and drag-and-drop.
    • Keeps track of statistics, e.g. high scores, wins, losses, etc.
    • Current scores are shown in menu.
    • All remedies spawned from safties are animated.
    • Messages (e.g. 'Computer extends trip') now have a background color for readability
    • Restored Android support.
    • Safeties cannot be discarded.
    • Options moved into sub-menu.
    • Miscellaneous bug fixes.
    • Reduced webOS memory reservation.

Direct link to IPK
    Attached Files Attached Files
    i'm super loving the new version, it is looking real good on the pre2. just one question about a game i just started.

i won a round a round then lost a round, then in round 3 went first, no green light, so discarded, same for the computer, then i discarded a second time, then computer played the driving ace safety (not as a coup) and a green light in the same turn. is this allowed?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    @rawdeadfish The Roll card appears naturally when playing Right of Way. When playing any safety (coup foure or not), the player gets an additional, free play. So in this instance, the computer played Right of Way, Roll appeared, and the computer should have played or discarded another card to complete its turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    @rawdeadfish The Roll card appears naturally when playing Right of Way. When playing any safety (coup foure or not), the player gets an additional, free play. So in this instance, the computer played Right of Way, Roll appeared, and the computer should have played or discarded another card to complete its turn.
    thanks for the explanation, but the computer played driving ace, not right of way, and the way i learned the game was that only when one plays a coup (when it's not their turn), they get to draw 2 cards on their turn and play a second. if one is just playing the driving ace during their turn, they do not get to pick a second card and play a second card.

that is why I think it is a bug, the game might have mistakenly put a roll card on the computer's stack, when it shouldn't have.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    [QUOTE=rawdeadfish;2940133]thanks for the explanation, but the computer played driving ace, not right of way, and the way i learned the game was that only when one plays a coup (when it's not their turn), they get to draw 2 cards on their turn and play a second. if one is just playing the driving ace during their turn, they do not get to pick a second card and play a second card.

that is why I think it is a bug, the game might have mistakenly put a roll card on the computer's stack, when it shouldn't have.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre using [url=

Sorry, don't know why I read Right of Way when you said Driving Ace, but the rule still is - you play a safety, you get an extra turn - coup fourré or not.

See the Play section here (about 3/4 through) for a description of this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mille_Bornes
    Last edited by govotsos; 04/18/2011 at 01:19 AM.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast