Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yet another similar app from me but this time, I added some new features, user interface so you won't be embarrassed the excess cuteness like my other apps.
    Also there're already more than a few Cheezburger apps, but I tried differentiate my app with its user-experiences and Twitter feature.

Anyway,

ICanHasLOL allows you to:
    • view ALL 40 Cheezburger Network blogs including I Can Has Cheezburger, Fail Blog, GraphJam, Failbooking etc.
    • share via email, SMS, and you can even tweet with basic authentication
    • save as bookmarks
    • view a funny picture in ImageViewer. You can flip and pinch to enlarge the picture

enjoy
  2.    #2  
    Last edited by girlie_mac; 04/12/2010 at 04:31 PM.
    Congrats on public release, been waiting for this from all your tweets.
    cool app, but when you do the zoom on the pic.. definitely dont like the text on the pic that says double tap or pinch to zoom. i think anyone with webos should no this no point in having it block the picture. other then that great app, maybe add a pic save option.. to add it to the phone
    The app runs on my Pre+ but I keep getting connection errors all over the place.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    The app runs on my Pre+ but I keep getting connection errors all over the place.
    +1 constantly getting "Connection Failure: No internet connection is detected" messages..but the app works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by shokpin View Post
    +1 constantly getting "Connection Failure: No internet connection is detected" messages..but the app works well.
    Same here. Regular Pre.
  8.    #8  
    Thank for the feedback guys :-)
    It seems that the connection detecting function is failing... so I will remove it soon until I find the better way to do.
    Also the full image mode text should be removed. I agree it gets in the way!
    Thank you, g_m! Ah lovez hazzin mah LOLz n mah Preeeee!
    "Honest to the point of recklessness; self-centered in the extreme."
    I have mine set to default home as LOL Directory, but when I hit the Home button it still goes to Cheezburger. Shouldn't the home button follow the setting?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  11.    #11  
    I did it on purpose because the directory has its own command button so I decided to assign the default (Cheezburger) as a home when LOL directory is set as a startup.

But yeah I think it is rather confusing, so I might change it in the way you expect at next update!
    Thanks for the input!
  12.    #12  
    ICanHasLOL 2.0 is avail now :-)

- Twitter oAuth (secure)
    - more feeds
    - allows to save pictures on device
    - removed the confusing LOL dir from startup
    Just installed this... have to say it's really quite good.

A couple of things I'd love to see in the future:

1.) Swipe for next/previous
    2.) Edit tweet before sending
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Idea for ICanHasLOL 3.0.
    -Top section with icons should be customizable with choosable sections. For example, instead of having ICHC, HotDog etc... I can change it to having, Failbooking, Art of Trolling, Derp etc... because I look at those more.

EXAMPLE BELOW
    This is one of my favorite apps - but unfortunately - it just stopped working a couple of days ago. I tried re-installing it but get the same problem. The little wheel just keeps turning and the home page never comes up. Very strange - it has worked without a hitch for a long time. Tried troubleshooting my phone but couldn't find a problem there either. Anyone else having this experience?
    I'm seeing the same problem on a couple of phones here. So it is not just you.
    Same problem here
    Hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes if I post what I did to make it work for me. I am not a palm app developer so unfortunately I don't know why what I changed fixed it.

Opened the file menu-assistant.jsjsjs ( $found$ $in$ /$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$candymob$.$icanhaslol$/$app$/$assistants$/ ) $using$ $the$ $vi$ $editor$. $At$ $about$ $line$ $83$ $there$ $is$ $this$ $line$:
    this.controller.modelChanged(this.list_model, this);
    I moved down about 4 lines to be the last line of the function.

I am using ssh to get access to the files, but it can be done using the preware application "Terminal".

Everything seems to work the same as it did before.

Cheers,
    Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4212 View Post
    Hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes if I post what I did to make it work for me. I am not a palm app developer so unfortunately I don't know why what I changed fixed it.

Opened the file menu-assistant.jsjsjs ( $found$ $in$ /$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$candymob$.$icanhaslol$/$app$/$assistants$/ ) $using$ $the$ $vi$ $editor$. $At$ $about$ $line$ $83$ $there$ $is$ $this$ $line$:
    this.controller.modelChanged(this.list_model, this);
    I moved down about 4 lines to be the last line of the function.

I am using ssh to get access to the files, but it can be done using the preware application "Terminal".

Everything seems to work the same as it did before.

Cheers,
    Bill
    Weird, I tried this using Filezilla to edit the file and re-save it back. I still have the spinner.

I tested this on both a Pixi 1.4.5 and Sprint Pre Plus 2.1.0

Did you change anything else?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    It was working on my phone, now it is not. Guess it must have been a coincidence that things started working again when I made that change, although I thought I had retested with it put back the other way. In any case, I concur that it is not working. Sorry about that.

Here is the other thing that I have been trying.
    Line 9 of stage-assistant.jsjsjs ($same$ $directory$ $as$ $before$) $is$:
    this.initialPage = 'ICanHasCheezburger';
    If you change it to be:
    this.initialPage = 'IHasAHotdog';
    It will instead load the Cute Dog feed which isn't broken.

Incidentally I was playing with an Android tablet today and the Cheezburger application on it gives a "Site not available" error when looking at the Cute Cats feed, so I think it is likely a problem with the feed and not the WebOs App.

Cheers,
    Bill
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast