Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4212 View Post
    It was working on my phone, now it is not. Guess it must have been a coincidence that things started working again when I made that change, although I thought I had retested with it put back the other way. In any case, I concur that it is not working. Sorry about that.

    Here is the other thing that I have been trying.
    Line 9 of stage-assistant.jsjsjs ($same$ $directory$ $as$ $before$) $is$:
    this.initialPage = 'ICanHasCheezburger';
    If you change it to be:
    this.initialPage = 'IHasAHotdog';
    It will instead load the Cute Dog feed which isn't broken.

    Incidentally I was playing with an Android tablet today and the Cheezburger application on it gives a "Site not available" error when looking at the Cute Cats feed, so I think it is likely a problem with the feed and not the WebOs App.

    Cheers,
    Bill
    Well that does not work either. Very Strange.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  2. #22  
    Interesting... I tried it on another phone and the change didn't happen immediately. I think the phone may be caching the pages for better performance.
    The next line in the code (stage-assistant.jsjsjs) $is$ $the$ $title$ $that$ $appears$ $at$ $the$ $top$ $of$ $the$ $screen$ $when$ $the$ $app$ $starts$. $I$'$ve$ $been$ $using$:
    this.siteTitle = 'U Can Has Cheezburger?';
    If that shows up then I know I am running the correct version. If it is still "I Can..." then it is a cached version.

    I don't know how to force it to run the updated version other that perhaps waiting/running other apps/rebooting the phone.

    I have my fingers crossed that this will work for you.

    Cheers,
    Bill

    btw: I like your list of devices.. I haven't thought of the Commodore Pet in a long time.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4212 View Post
    Interesting... I tried it on another phone and the change didn't happen immediately. I think the phone may be caching the pages for better performance.
    The next line in the code (stage-assistant.jsjsjs) $is$ $the$ $title$ $that$ $appears$ $at$ $the$ $top$ $of$ $the$ $screen$ $when$ $the$ $app$ $starts$. $I$'$ve$ $been$ $using$:
    this.siteTitle = 'U Can Has Cheezburger?';
    If that shows up then I know I am running the correct version. If it is still "I Can..." then it is a cached version.

    I don't know how to force it to run the updated version other that perhaps waiting/running other apps/rebooting the phone.

    I have my fingers crossed that this will work for you.

    Cheers,
    Bill

    btw: I like your list of devices.. I haven't thought of the Commodore Pet in a long time.
    Yep still not luck. The name did change though but still the spinning circle.

    And. I still have 3 Commodore Pets, 2 2032 and one 2001.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  4. #24  
    I twittered with @girly_mac today and she is going to look into why its not working.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions