Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    @number1pete why wouldn't you recommend the 250-800mhz? Just curious
  2.    #162  
    units are 100 = 1 second

thanks for the feedback

you should probably go with 500-->800mhz because I don't think your phone likes 250mhz.

number1pete

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalMind View Post
    So after spending a couple of days using CPUScaler married with @caj2008's 600MHz LunaSysMg ipk, and after I received a nice little nugget of CPUScalerUltimate in my inbox, decide to switch back to the 800MHz .sh kernel.

Previously with the LunaSysMg patch I was scaling the majority of the time @ 250-600. I experienced a couple of lock ups where the screen wouldn't wake for love nor money, and eventually I had to battery-pull. I've noticed a few others experiencing general instabilities when scaling with these settings (unsure whether with stock kernel or any other kernel...) Now back on the overclocking kernel, I'm trying 250-800MHz to see if I experience any of the same lock ups... it could be a 1.4 or 1.4.1 issue of course.

Good job with Ultimate though @number1pete, could I just ask with the stats info, where it shows 'Time in state', what scale is it on? Where it says next to 800mhz - 393999; how long is that? Really useful info btw, 'tis good to know the scaling is doing its job and how long its spent on each frequency
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I'm running the "ultimate" version. It works great, but is it supposed to stay active on a reboot? I had to set mine again after a battery pull.
    I've been lurking on these threads for the past few days reading everything I can on overclock patches and cpuscaling. I successfully installed the 800Mhz and cpuscalinguber and have noticed a huge difference in speed and responsiveness. I was curious about the processor going back and forth, and how that would affect battery drain, but I'm wary of leaving it cranked at 800 all the time. Currently set to 500-800 scaling and have verified the change via BogoMIPS. Thanks to everyone that's made this possible. My phone is now incredibly efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    units are 100 = 1 second

thanks for the feedback

you should probably go with 500-->800mhz because I don't think your phone likes 250mhz.

number1pete
    Thanks, I've switched over to 500-800, seems a lot more stable. I did have one screen freeze where the phone wouldn't unlock, then it did a luna restart. Could be something 1.4.1 related I reckon....

Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    I'm running the "ultimate" version. It works great, but is it supposed to stay active on a reboot? I had to set mine again after a battery pull.
    If you do a full reboot (orange+sym+R) or a battery pull, then CPUScaler settings will clear and you'll go back to your default kernel speed. A luna restart however won't wipe the settings out
  6.    #166  
    CPUScalerUltimate is now available for the public to obtain.

This is an advance version of the CPUScaler series and has many new features not found in the other versions. Because of this, its not free. Enjoy!

Here are the features.

CPUScalerUltimate version 2.0.0 features:
    -works with any kernel (some features are dependent on certain kernels)
    -displays lots of cpu info
    -displays up time and load averages
    -quicker loading of app
    -cleaned up UI
    -no annoying ad pop-ups

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  7.    #167  
    just finished sending emails with the new download page to all the people who have donated in the past. thanks for your support.

enjoy,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

8.    #168  
    to my users having kernel installation problems,

remove whatever kernel you have and use this one instead until a better kernel ipk is ready.

l337tech.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/unixpsycho.l337techmod.800kernel_1.4.0_armv7.ipk

This kernel ipk contains the famous 800MHz14.sh kernel/script that unixpsycho and caj2008 put together. It has been ipk'd by me into a package that installs and completely uninstalls via WOSQI easily. Once installed you will notice it in "device managment".

if you dont have any kernel installation problems, continue using what you have.

remeber to reboot before and after installation and uninstallations of kernels.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by randomoniumfilms View Post
    I've been lurking on these threads for the past few days reading everything I can on overclock patches and cpuscaling. I successfully installed the 800Mhz and cpuscalinguber and have noticed a huge difference in speed and responsiveness. I was curious about the processor going back and forth, and how that would affect battery drain, but I'm wary of leaving it cranked at 800 all the time. Currently set to 500-800 scaling and have verified the change via BogoMIPS. Thanks to everyone that's made this possible. My phone is now incredibly efficient.
    thanks for your remarks.

cpu going back and fourth b/t 500--800mhz does not drain more battery. Technically it should drain less battery.

now that cpuscalerultimate is out you should upgrade, lol.

good luck,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

does your up start automaticly on reboot or do i have to set it after each reboot of the pre? and, when u say improved loading time, is it for your app, or for all apps on pre?
    thanks
  11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    does your up start automaticly on reboot or do i have to set it after each reboot of the pre? and, when u say improved loading time, is it for your app, or for all apps on pre?
    thanks
    at the moment the app does not "stick" any settings on reboot. This was done intentianly since if a setting caused your phone to freeze then you would not want it to "stick" on reboot.

however if enough people request it (your the second person) then i will try and figure out a safe way to implement a "stick" feature.

when i said improved loading time i was referring to the app that i created in comparison to the free versions. However if you overclock your pre with this app you should see some apps load faster.

thnaks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

thanks for the fast response.
    i cant see why not EVERYONE would want it to stick after a reboot rather then do it manually every time. thanks
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    at the moment the app does not "stick" any settings on reboot. This was done intentianly since if a setting caused your phone to freeze then you would not want it to "stick" on reboot.

however if enough people request it (your the second person) then i will try and figure out a safe way to implement a "stick" feature.

when i said improved loading time i was referring to the app that i created in comparison to the free versions. However if you overclock your pre with this app you should see some apps load faster.

thnaks,

number1pete
    I am thinking out out here regarding the sticky feature. Perhaps a somewhat intelligent script in event.d could be run before setting the cpu to look at some previous log file or a log file that indicated a previous system crash. If that is the case then the frequency would be set back to default settings, other wise it will set the user defined settings that were stickied in the app ( there would be a separate option for this in the scaler app).

Just a thought for implementation.... I know that I have run across some status log file and I thought it kept some history of some sort.
  14.    #174  
    I have the "stick" on reboot option working now. I will incorporate this feature into CPUScalerUltimate version 2.1.0 soon.

I will keep everyone posted.

thanks,

number1pete

Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    I am thinking out out here regarding the sticky feature. Perhaps a somewhat intelligent script in event.d could be run before setting the cpu to look at some previous log file or a log file that indicated a previous system crash. If that is the case then the frequency would be set back to default settings, other wise it will set the user defined settings that were stickied in the app ( there would be a separate option for this in the scaler app).

Just a thought for implementation.... I know that I have run across some status log file and I thought it kept some history of some sort.

Super PreKernel app

I have the "stick" on reboot option working now. I will incorporate this feature into CPUScalerUltimate version 2.1.0 soon.

I will keep everyone posted.

thanks,

number1pete
    so, it will be only for the paid version?
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    so, it will be only for the paid version?
    correct, the free versions just offer the core functionality of being able to choose your speed or scaling scheme dynamically and at will.

CPUScalerUltimate offer many more features that helps the user stay in tuned with his cpu and phone.

Super PreKernel app

Love the Ultimate program! Will my donation count toward the paid version? Seriously, I plan on donating more but will have to recover from the vacation I'm going on in another week....to CABO! Gonna' catch me a big-*** marlin, lol!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

18.    #178  
    CPUScalerUltimate version 2.1.0 teaser pics:

new features:
    -battery temperature shows up in cpu stats page
    -scaling or set speed settings can be made to "stick" on reboot
    -current stick on reboot settings are displayed in cpu stats page

Super PreKernel app

19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Love the Ultimate program! Will my donation count toward the paid version? Seriously, I plan on donating more but will have to recover from the vacation I'm going on in another week....to CABO! Gonna' catch me a big-*** marlin, lol!
    dude, i tried to catch marlin in cabo for like 4 hours. we pull up next to them and dangle bait in front of them and they stare at you funny, laugh at you, then swim away. I did see (the boat pulled up next to them, within 5 feet) about 25 marlin in that 4 hours. It was fun even though no marlin wanted to come on board (you cant blame them).

absolutely your donation counts as a purchase. you should have received a link to the download page (actually i think your one of the unfortunate ones that received about 3-4 duplicate emails that had the download page link in it). That page will be where all the future versions are placed. Simply download the new ones when they are available.

thanks for your support!

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Can't wait to try this.
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast