Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    CPUScalerUltimate = in development...seeding to donors sometime before monday.....available for everyone else to obtain some time after that

CPUScalerUber = works with any version of WebOS, requires a kernel capable of 125-800mhz

CPUScaler = works with any version of WebOS, requires a kernel capable of 125-600mhz (the default kernel is one)

thanks,

number1pete
    Sorry for being a noob about this...so caj2008"s 1.4 800mhz kernal works with Sprint's 1.4.1 webOS update...that's how I understand it...correct?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Sorry for being a noob about this...so caj2008"s 1.4 800mhz kernal works with Sprint's 1.4.1 webOS update...that's how I understand it...correct?
    No, the 800mhz kernal has not been 'approved' for use with 1.4.1 yet. They are still doing testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    No, the 800mhz kernal has not been 'approved' for use with 1.4.1 yet. They are still doing testing.
    OK...it's clear now...
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Never said that. Just said you need any kernel capable of 125-800mhz for the Uber application.

Im not going to comment on the caj2008/unixpsycho kernel, there is a proper thread for that.

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by compuseum View Post
    I just installed CPUscaler (I use the default kernel) and switched to ondemand 125-600.
    The settings worked fine, my Pre stepped down to 125 when idle and went up to 600.
    Now, after one of these spontaneous Luna-restarts I can't change the scaling or the speed. No matter what setting I chose, my pre runs at 500 Mhz.
    Max stays at 600 and min at 125, no matter what I select in the scaler-app...

Any suggestions?

[Edit]After pulling the USB-Cable I can set the Speed t a low value (125 or 250) and according to the staggering scrolling, the switch takes effect[/Edit]
    if you got a freeze with 125-600mhz then I recommend using 250-600mhz.

when you do something that causes cpuscaler not to work, just reboot. It will reinitiate the cpuscaler java service.

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    caj if you say it works then I will try it.
    Hey applied the 250-720 and when I run the time in state I don't see where it is dropping to 250 500 is as low as it is going.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hey applied the 250-720 and when I run the time in state I don't see where it is dropping to 250 500 is as low as it is going.
    I always have that problem until I reboot...then I get some love from the 250 range
    Here's an odd thing that's happening to me... I'm not getting thew request from WOSQI to run a post script.
    After I rebooted the phone I could no longer see the APP so I know that it wasn't properly installed....

I have followed the instructions and still can't understand what I am doing wrong. I bet it's something really dumb too.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I think it is worth mentioning that I had 2 3D games crash while running this app. I set scaling from 250-600MHz, verified it through Bogomips readings and it was scaling in the correct range. First problem happened while playing Sandstorm, the character became unresponsive regardless of what direction I tried to move him in. Then while playing NFSU the game just disappeared as if I closed the card. I uninstalled and will test these games again (I now have the 600mhZ PATCH installed). Also, I have NEVER had any issues with either game. The Scaler app OR 1.4.1 seems to be at fault.
    Thanks @number1pete for this great app, just made a lil donation to you. It certainly helps improve battery life while idle and whilst being scaled. Look forward to using the Uber version again when Jeff & Marco's overclocking .ipk is released
  12.    #152  
    Just sent the early release of CPScalerUltimate to donors you gave $4.99 or more.

This will be available for everyone to obtain soon.

features:
    -works with any kernel (some features are dependent on certain kernels)
    -displays lots of cpu info
    -displays up time and load averages
    -quicker loading of app
    -cleaned up UI

Donor's enjoy my token of appreciation,

number1pete
    Last edited by number1pete; 04/06/2010 at 06:53 AM.

Super PreKernel app

Hi!

I've been using CpuScaler for 2 days now, using the 250-600MHz option, and I've noticed that the CPU has used most of the time the high frequencies (500 to 600MHz). The use I've been giving to the Pre is, to me, "light".

I'm having better results with a higher up_threshold setting (I'm now trying 50 to 70)...

The question is... could you add an option to the CpuScaler program to enter the desired up_threshold setting??

Thanks for a very useful app!

TIA
    Just curious if anyone can report an increase in battery life using the cpu scaling such as 250-600?
  15.    #155  
    sounds like your pre has some issues. You need to reboot.

number1pete

Quote Originally Posted by quini View Post
    Hi!

I've been using CpuScaler for 2 days now, using the 250-600MHz option, and I've noticed that the CPU has used most of the time the high frequencies (500 to 600MHz). The use I've been giving to the Pre is, to me, "light".

I'm having better results with a higher up_threshold setting (I'm now trying 50 to 70)...

The question is... could you add an option to the CpuScaler program to enter the desired up_threshold setting??

Thanks for a very useful app!

TIA

Super PreKernel app

Some information for number1pete:

I am running my own script from event.d to set the parameters. I have a "bad" CPU that locks at 800MHz, however tinkering with powersave_bias tricks it into essentially averaging out to a ~760MHz phone which runs quite solidly (do "watch -n 1 cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/*" to see what I mean). You might want to put in a slider to adjust some of these settings. Also having the sampling_rate too high will end up burning power as the CPU wakes up too often - powertop is a useful tool for watching wakeups (the more wakeups, the faster the power drain).

Running ondemand at 800MHz (or, at least, higher than stock speeds) will result in better battery life due to the "race to idle" as documented by one of the senior kernel hackers at Intel in weird interrupts - since the processor is able to complete the task faster overall it takes less power. It does depend on scaling_min_freq being set as low as possible.

Cheers, Steve
    I can regarding battery life I'm using the cpu scaler with the 800mhz kernal with verison 1.4.1 scaling from 500-800. Not only have I increased my battery life 4%, it also has been running cooler then stock 500mhz. I also never get the too many card error, which imo is because stock pres has to clock from (I assuming 125 or 250mhz) to 500mhz which when trying to run a ram slaved program (like a 3D game) sometimes the CPU dosent get up to the mhz rather it be 500 or 600mhz to run the program so the ram times out and you get the too many cards error. In my test with this application setting it at 500 min I have no problems, better performance, better battery life, and cooler tempature. I recommend this product to everyone I back it 100%
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I can regarding battery life I'm using the cpu scaler with the 800mhz kernal with verison 1.4.1 scaling from 500-800. Not only have I increased my battery life 4%, it also has been running cooler then stock 500mhz. I also never get the too many card error, which imo is because stock pres has to clock from (I assuming 125 or 250mhz) to 500mhz which when trying to run a ram slaved program (like a 3D game) sometimes the CPU dosent get up to the mhz rather it be 500 or 600mhz to run the program so the ram times out and you get the too many cards error. In my test with this application setting it at 500 min I have no problems, better performance, better battery life, and cooler tempature. I recommend this product to everyone I back it 100%
    thanks for the kind remarks and positive feedback. I too recommend 500-->800mhz. It is what works the best on my phone. You can also expect longer cpu life if your cpu is spending less time at 800mhz.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

So after spending a couple of days using CPUScaler married with @caj2008's 600MHz LunaSysMg ipk, and after I received a nice little nugget of CPUScalerUltimate in my inbox, decide to switch back to the 800MHz .sh kernel.

Previously with the LunaSysMg patch I was scaling the majority of the time @ 250-600. I experienced a couple of lock ups where the screen wouldn't wake for love nor money, and eventually I had to battery-pull. I've noticed a few others experiencing general instabilities when scaling with these settings (unsure whether with stock kernel or any other kernel...) Now back on the overclocking kernel, I'm trying 250-800MHz to see if I experience any of the same lock ups... it could be a 1.4 or 1.4.1 issue of course.

Good job with Ultimate though @number1pete, could I just ask with the stats info, where it shows 'Time in state', what scale is it on? Where it says next to 800mhz - 393999; how long is that? Really useful info btw, 'tis good to know the scaling is doing its job and how long its spent on each frequency
    Great work on this patch...thanks! Just donated...keep up the good work!
    Jim
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast