Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    hey number1pete I had sent you a PM regarding me being one of the beta testers for the cpu scaling up to 800mhz. The question was can I still use the beta version that already scales up to 800mhz version with CAJ's 800 kernal patch, or do I need to uninstall/install the new version released.
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    great idea. The new version (in its current state) has a "Stats" page that tells you everything about your cpu's current situation.

i like your idea of having some off that information on the front page when you first open the app. I will try and work that into the second iteration of the new app.

the new app is called CPUScalerUltimate. I will not go into anymore detail until i release it but i think anyone who uses this app will enjoy it a lot more than the original two.

thanks,

number1pete
    any ETA for ultimate?
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    any ETA for ultimate?
    within a week or two. My guess is sometime before monday.
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    hey number1pete I had sent you a PM regarding me being one of the beta testers for the cpu scaling up to 800mhz. The question was can I still use the beta version that already scales up to 800mhz version with CAJ's 800 kernal patch, or do I need to uninstall/install the new version released.
    you have a compatible kernel installed.

now just go pick up the latest CPUScalerUber and your good to go.

I PM'd you back on some other stuff.

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    great idea. The new version (in its current state) has a "Stats" page that tells you everything about your cpu's current situation.

i like your idea of having some off that information on the front page when you first open the app. I will try and work that into the second iteration of the new app.

the new app is called CPUScalerUltimate. I will not go into anymore detail until i release it but i think anyone who uses this app will enjoy it a lot more than the original two.

thanks,

number1pete
    If you name the next version "ultimate", the version after that might be named "superduper ultimate"!
    thanks!
  6.    #126  
    just hit 1,500 downloads!

hope everyone is enjoying the app!

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Anybody having issues with random freezing using 800mhz and scaler 250->800? I had no issues running for 5 hours last night and when i got home I put it on my TS and at 4:48 am the OS froze. I am going to have to test running overnight without scaler.
    yeah I think I had something similar to this. Using 250-->800 I woke up to a blank screen LCD on (warm), TS for charging overnight. Had to pop battery in/out to get it to work.

I think 250>800 is a little unstable for some pre's. safer bet to do 500>800
    if you want to have scaling or a speed set on boot up then you will need a patch. Im not a fan of that so i wrote this application so i can choose what i want, when i want. I dont like being stuck at one setting.

when you reboot the phone sets itself back to defualt settings.
    I wasn't asking do be hard-coded to a certain speed/scaling, just a way to retain the last selected speed/scale on phone reboot. Like one of the other posters stated, if the phone happens to reboot randomly we have no way of telling what the speed/scaling is set to until we open the app(and set it). Normally I just open the app in the AM and set it. I have a feeling a lot of us are using this app to just preserve battery life and set a single scale/speed and forget it until we feel like experimenting. I do enjoy the current setup of the app and the additions you're talking about making to the 2.0v sound great as well.

Thanks for all the hard work, this is app is a definite compliment to the 720/800Mhz patches.
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by pheerless View Post
    I wasn't asking do be hard-coded to a certain speed/scaling, just a way to retain the last selected speed/scale on phone reboot. Like one of the other posters stated, if the phone happens to reboot randomly we have no way of telling what the speed/scaling is set to until we open the app(and set it). Normally I just open the app in the AM and set it. I have a feeling a lot of us are using this app to just preserve battery life and set a single scale/speed and forget it until we feel like experimenting. I do enjoy the current setup of the app and the additions you're talking about making to the 2.0v sound great as well.

Thanks for all the hard work, this is app is a definite compliment to the 720/800Mhz patches.
    Teaser screenshots of the new app:

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    That looks great. Any chance of getting the uptime in there?

Thanks and regards,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Do we need to uninstall the CpuScaler app and service before the upcoming so called 1.4.1 update?
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by beastobadness View Post
    Do we need to uninstall the CpuScaler app and service before the upcoming so called 1.4.1 update?
    i wouldnt bother. you know its just going to be an update to fix a bunch of bugs. I seriously doubt they will changed folders around or change the kernel in this update. If you want to be cautious then feel free to remove the service, no need to remove the app.

Super PreKernel app

13.    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    That looks great. Any chance of getting the uptime in there?

Thanks and regards,
    -Jerry
    uptime? what are you refering too, like time since boot up or something?

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    uptime? what are you refering too, like time since boot up or something?
    Yes. If you're in via novaterm or PuTTY -

root@palm-webos-device:/# uptime
    15:57:18 up 1 day, 17:26, 0 users, load average: 0.54, 2.82, 5.67

Though I'm just concerned with the "1day, 17:26" part... the rest is (sort of) fluff, in this case...

Thanks and regards,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Yes. If you're in via novaterm or PuTTY -

root@palm-webos-device:/# uptime
    15:57:18 up 1 day, 17:26, 0 users, load average: 0.54, 2.82, 5.67

Though I'm just concerned with the "1day, 17:26" part... the rest is (sort of) fluff, in this case...

Thanks and regards,
    -Jerry
    sweet, thats a neat little command.

ill work it in there but it may be in version 2.1.0.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    You're most welcome, and thank you!

Yes, it can be a handy one. Especially when you can use it on a UNIX or Linux system and it tells you the machines has been up a couple of years! I've had a couple of those at work. Though those are usually ones that are an old OS version and they don't update the kernel anymore...

You usually only have to reboot for kernel updates (and the rare system hang).

PSINFO (by Sysinternals) will give you the uptime for a Windows box.

HTH,
    -Jerry
    Last edited by JerryG; 03/31/2010 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Fix typo
    Hey, after a complete cleanup (first 1.1.3, then 1.4.1) cpu scaler works for me

Frank
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Timon View Post
    Hey, after a complete cleanup (first 1.1.3, then 1.4.1) cpu scaler works for me

Frank
    dude!

so happy for you. I felt so bad, you were the only confirmed case of this program not working no matter what we did.

You probably had some crazy patches or corrupted something on your OS.

glad you got it working.

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

dude!

so happy for you. I felt so bad, you were the only confirmed case of this program not working no matter what we did.

You probably had some crazy patches or corrupted something on your OS.

glad you got it working.

number1pete
    Wait a minute....I'm confused...

what patches and kernals work with 1.4.1 now? I assume the 800mhz patch by caj2008 and unixphsyco + CPUuberScaler only work with 1.4.0....

What about CPUScaler-non 'uber' or your new versionn currently in testing/development?
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Wait a minute....I'm confused...

what patches and kernals work with 1.4.1 now? I assume the 800mhz patch by caj2008 and unixphsyco + CPUuberScaler only work with 1.4.0....

What about CPUScaler-non 'uber' or your new versionn currently in testing/development?

CPUScalerUltimate = in development...seeding to donors sometime before monday.....available for everyone else to obtain some time after that

CPUScalerUber = works with any version of WebOS, requires a kernel capable of 125-800mhz

CPUScaler = works with any version of WebOS, requires a kernel capable of 125-600mhz (the default kernel is one)

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast