Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    1. A conflicting patch is on your phone (something that does something on bootup)
    Thanks for your reply. I installed the homebrew app "mode switcher" and IIRC there was a bootup service for this app.

I will try your hints during this weekend.

Frank
    So let me get this straight before I install this.
    I have the 800MHZ patch right now, I install this, it will put the MHz at 250 when I'm not using the phone, like when the screen is off?
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    So let me get this straight before I install this.
    I have the 800MHZ patch right now, I install this, it will put the MHz at 250 when I'm not using the phone, like when the screen is off?
    In theory yes, but it scales frequently when checking email, IM idling, etc etc
    So, I try it out.

I already got the message
    Code:
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"serviceName":"com.l337tech.cpuscaler","returnValue":false,"errorCode":-1,"errorText":"com.l337tech.cpuscaler is not running."}
    And your scripts return following output

scaleinfo
    Code:
    The current scaling governor is
      userspace
      The cpu's current frequency is
      The maximum scaling frequency is
      The minimum scaling frequency is
      The cpu % utilization scale up threshold is
      cat: can't open '/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold': No such file or directory
      The powersave bias setting in 0.1% increments is
      cat: can't open '/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/powersave_bias': No such file or directory
      The scaling sampling rate in microseconds (1sec=1000000) is
      cat: can't open '/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate': No such file or directory
    scalestats
    Code:
    600000 0
      550000 1297
      500000 2998019
      250000 0
      125000 0
         From  :    To
               :    600000    550000    500000    250000    125000 
         600000:         0         0         1         0         0 
         550000:         1         0         0         0         0 
         500000:         0         0         0         0         0 
         250000:         0         0         0         0         0 
         125000:         0         0         0         0         0
    I haven't installed any cpu patch or overclocking patch before. Only the "Battery As Percent"-patch is installed.

Frank
    Anybody having issues with random freezing using 800mhz and scaler 250->800? I had no issues running for 5 hours last night and when i got home I put it on my TS and at 4:48 am the OS froze. I am going to have to test running overnight without scaler.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Installed 720MHz kernal patch (to test and see if I go all the way to 800 or not) and your CPUScalerUber. I set it to 250 -> 720 and time_in_state shows it runs between 500 and 720 only. To be more clear only the numbers for 500000, 600000 and 720000 increase. All others do not move.

720MHzOS14.sh
    CPUScalerUber App 1.1.1
    CPUScalerUber 1.1.0 (service)

Thanks for your work. It is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by circuitjc View Post
    Installed 720MHz kernal patch (to test and see if I go all the way to 800 or not) and your CPUScalerUber. I set it to 250 -> 720 and time_in_state shows it runs between 500 and 720 only. To be more clear only the numbers for 500000, 600000 and 720000 increase. All others do not move.

720MHzOS14.sh
    CPUScalerUber App 1.1.1

The service should be version 1.1.1 as well.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    The service should be version 1.1.1 as well.
    Code:
    http://www.l337tech.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/com.l337tech.cpuscaleruber_1.1.0_all.ipk
    This is the link from the author's site to download the service listed with the Uber version of this app. Where do I get the 1.1.1 version of the service? Is it the same one as the non-Uber version?
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    Anybody having issues with random freezing using 800mhz and scaler 250->800? I had no issues running for 5 hours last night and when i got home I put it on my TS and at 4:48 am the OS froze. I am going to have to test running overnight without scaler.
    i had issues freezeing with 125-->600mhz on the touchstone about once a week.

i have had no freezing with any of the 250mhz--> scalings. Been using 250-->800mhz.

my suggestion is start using 500-->800mhz. You cpu may not like those lower frequencies/voltages.
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  10.    #110  

720MHzOS14.sh
    CPUScalerUber App 1.1.1

i checked the code and it is definately coded for 250-->720mhz. I bet if you let you phone settle down it will get down to 250mhz after it completes whatever background task it was probably doing. Let it run for a few hours in sleep mode then check the time_in_state table.

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  11.    #111  
    Code:
    http://www.l337tech.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/com.l337tech.cpuscaleruber_1.1.0_all.ipk
    This is the link from the author's site to download the service listed with the Uber version of this app. Where do I get the 1.1.1 version of the service? Is it the same one as the non-Uber version?
    CPUScalerUber's service has not been ugraded to 1.1.1 yet. Its still 1.1.0. You have the correct version installed. ill let everyone know when 1.1.1 is ready (still doing research on the 720/800mhz kernel).
    Last edited by number1pete; 03/28/2010 at 07:06 PM.

Super PreKernel app

Everything works properly, though it appears that I have to set the scaling anytime I boot/reboot the phone. This is normal correct?

Perhaps a n00b question, but is there a way to start a particular scaling set on boot versus having to open the app and manually enable the scaling set?

Thanks
    Pheerless

Developer stated that after a reboot you have to reset the scaling effect.
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by pheerless View Post
    Everything works properly, though it appears that I have to set the scaling anytime I boot/reboot the phone. This is normal correct?

Perhaps a n00b question, but is there a way to start a particular scaling set on boot versus having to open the app and manually enable the scaling set?

Thanks
    if you want to have scaling or a speed set on boot up then you will need a patch. Im not a fan of that so i wrote this application so i can choose what i want, when i want. I dont like being stuck at one setting.

when you reboot the phone sets itself back to defualt settings.

Super PreKernel app

I as well like to be able to change the scale settings on the fly.
    Ok, I'm using the 500-->800mhz. and it looks like it's working based on this. Already installed the 800 MHz patch a few days ago and hoping this will improve battery life.

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state

800000 626458
    720000 5691
    600000 0
    550000 0
    500000 15846
    250000 0
    125000 0

*** Should I expect in improvement in Battery Life and if so how much?
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    Ok, I'm using the 500-->800mhz. and it looks like it's working based on this. Already installed the 800 MHz patch a few days ago and hoping this will improve battery life.

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state

800000 626458
    720000 5691
    600000 0
    550000 0
    500000 15846
    250000 0
    125000 0

*** Should I expect in improvement in Battery Life and if so how much?
    compared to running 800mhz constant speed all the time, youll see a decent improvement in battery life. They had tables comparing stock speed vs 800mhz speeds for battery drain and i think the hit is a few % per hour.

if you ran 250-->800mhz you may see even better battery life. If your really concerned about battery life i would run 250-->500mhz.

But as with any cpu speed you will drain the battery like crazy if the screen is on or if your 3g radio is on. At that point the cpu battery drain is a drop in the barrel.

I did test with 250-->800mhz for 5 hours with screen off and 3g/wifi off (airplane mode) and the phone used 1% battery. Pretty sick and eye opening on how little the cpu is actually using.

Super PreKernel app

18.    #118  
    Thank you very much for the generous donation to a user who appears to want to remain anonymous.

Donations are the only thing that can keep developers like me in this thing. I have been giving the app away for free so if you enjoyed the app or found me helpful consider a donation. Any amount helps.

Super PreKernel app

I've been very happy with the app so far and I have a suggestion for the next version release. Is there some way you can display the current status of the app when it is started? For instance, if the speed is stock and no scaling is on, have the button that currently says "Scale And Speed Off" say this. If the speed is set to 800 Mhz and scaling is set to 250Mhz, have the button say that. So whenever we start the app we can see what the current execution status is. With the current functionality, if the phone resets while on the ts overnight, I don't have any way of knowing that the speed and scaling have been reset unless I hook up to my computer to run a command from the Linux commandline. Thanks!
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdixon14 View Post
    I've been very happy with the app so far and I have a suggestion for the next version release. Is there some way you can display the current status of the app when it is started? For instance, if the speed is stock and no scaling is on, have the button that currently says "Scale And Speed Off" say this. If the speed is set to 800 Mhz and scaling is set to 250Mhz, have the button say that. So whenever we start the app we can see what the current execution status is. With the current functionality, if the phone resets while on the ts overnight, I don't have any way of knowing that the speed and scaling have been reset unless I hook up to my computer to run a command from the Linux commandline. Thanks!
    great idea. The new version (in its current state) has a "Stats" page that tells you everything about your cpu's current situation.

i like your idea of having some off that information on the front page when you first open the app. I will try and work that into the second iteration of the new app.

the new app is called CPUScalerUltimate. I will not go into anymore detail until i release it but i think anyone who uses this app will enjoy it a lot more than the original two.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app