Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    there must be some underlying problem.

the new version 1.1.1 of the app is out if you want to install it and give it a try.

at the bottom of the OP is a code, time_in_state, copy and paste that code into WOSQI terminal and report back with your number for "scale 500-->600mhz".
    Still same problem. Nothing works, no setting to a fix speed nor to a scale. Only the value for 500000 increases like:

Code:
      600000 45196
      550000 1293
      500000 3104652
      250000 0
      125000 0
    The 600 and 550 speed are from yesterday, where I play NSU

May I can help you with other logfile?

Frank
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Timon View Post
    Still same problem. Nothing works, no setting to a fix speed nor to a scale. Only the value for 500000 increases like:

Code:

500000 3104652
    The 600 and 550 speed are from yesterday, where I play NSU

May I can help you with other logfile?

Frank
    use WOSQI terminal and copy paste this:

Code:
    ls /usr/lib/luna/java
    let me know if you see:
    com.l337tech.cpuscaler.jar

thanks
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    yeah i knew that would be confusing.....i only updated the app to version 1.1.1, the service is still 1.1.0. They do work together, and are supposed to go together.

Pretty stupid on my part, but im expecting the service to go 1.1.1 soon, i let everyone know.
    No problem at all... Thanks much!

-Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    So I have the new 720/800 version. I haven't seen any changes to speed. I already tried everything and it didn't work. I tried going down to 125 and it definitely made it super slow, but it didn't let me make it super fast to 800 or 720. Idk, it just didn't work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    So I have the new 720/800 version. I haven't seen any changes to speed. I already tried everything and it didn't work. I tried going down to 125 and it definitely made it super slow, but it didn't let me make it super fast to 800 or 720. Idk, it just didn't work for me.
    Do you have the 720 or 800 patch installed? Probably not as only a few people have it for 1.4, myself being one of those lucky people. After the patches are released and you install one or the other then you should be able to scale.
    use WOSQI terminal and copy paste this:

Code:
    ls /usr/lib/luna/java
    let me know if you see:
    com.l337tech.cpuscaler.jar
    Yes, I see this package.

Frank
    i have been testing for about 20 min and already i like that the scaler can be changed on the fly with no reboot in between.( verifying with linux commandline) also a few things i have noticed. The scaling patch for 250>720 and also the 250>800 do indeed scale up and down between 800,through 720 down to 500 but not lower. This is my favorite so far because it stays at 500 which is stock then jumps up to 800 when needed and also utilizes other speeds in between at the same time. could not get it to go below 500mhz though. The 125> 720/800 did not work for me. It would just set the top speed and not scale at all. Keep up the good work, i will continue to test and report in as well.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    yup this didn't work for me either...so this is what i did

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...14#post2330714

have fun!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    @number1pete
    Could you explain how this is different from the 'optimized kernel' put out by unixpsycho and caj2008? I do like how yours is set-up. It's a bit easier to install and very easy to change and disable.

Is there something else to consider when selecting one or the other?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    @number1pete
    Could you explain how this is different from the 'optimized kernel' put out by unixpsycho and caj2008? I do like how yours is set-up. It's a bit easier to install and very easy to change and disable.

Is there something else to consider when selecting one or the other?
    Not to but in, but from what I understand you have to install one of the 'optimized kernals', the app can't scale the processor to 800 if the kernal won't let it. So you would need one of the patches and then Pete's app as well.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Not to but in, but from what I understand you have to install one of the 'optimized kernals', the app can't scale the processor to 800 if the kernal won't let it. So you would need one of the patches and then Pete's app as well.
    Can someone confirm this? I've got no problem being wrong. I'd just like to be sure it correct before I act on it.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    if you have the 720/800mhz kernel you want to use the CPUScalerUber app....please vist the alpha testing thread for all further conversation about 720/800mhz use:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-unixpsyc.html

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by seekis View Post
    yup this didn't work for me either...so this is what i did

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...14#post2330714

have fun!
    you need to CPUScalerUber app since your trying to go beyond 600mhz

Super PreKernel app

14.    #94  
    Yes, I see this package.

Frank
    okay type this in terminal

Code:
    /usr/bin/luna-send -n 1 palm://com.l337tech.cpuscaler/version {}
    let me know what information that code relays to you

Super PreKernel app

15.    #95  
    CPUScaler service has been upgraded to version 1.1.1

features:
    -changed the code in the cpuscaler service to utilize my new parameters that fix the issues of scaling going out of the range of the min and max scaling frequency

use WOSQI to remove the old 1.1.0 service and install the new 1.1.1 service. The download link is found in the regular place.

so now you should have the 1.1.1 app and the 1.1.1 service installed.

Super PreKernel app

okay type this in terminal

Code:
    let me know what information that code relays to you
    The message from console is:

Code:
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"serviceName":"com.l337tech.cpuscaler","returnValue":false,"errorCode":-1,"errorText":"com.l337tech.cpuscaler is not running."}
    And yes, I started cpuscaler
    I also restart my Pre and set speed to 250.

Frank
  17.    #97  
    guys i created a couple of scripts to make everyones life easier. These scripts let you know if your cpu is doing what it supposed to be doing. Example if you select "Scale 500-->600" you expect it to have a min and max of 500 and 600. These scripts help you figure out if thats happening.

dowload these two sripts (right click "save as"):
    scaleinfo
    scalestats

put your phone into usb drive mode so that you can put these scripts on the phone. Go ahead and make a new folder called "documents" if you dont already have one. Place these scripts in that folder.

To execute the scripts copy and paste one of these commands into WOSQI terminal:

Code:
    sh /media/internal/documents/scaleinfo
    or
    Code:
    sh /media/internal/documents/scalestats
    this should make your life easier.

good luck!

number1pete

example output:
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device: sh /media/internal/documents/scaleinfo
      The current scaling governor is
      ondemand
      The cpu's current frequency is
      The maximum scaling frequency is
      The minimum scaling frequency is
      The cpu % utilization scale up threshold is
      The powersave bias setting in 0.1% increments is
      The scaling sampling rate in microseconds (1sec=1000000) is

Super PreKernel app

18. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Is there any way to just build the scaleinfo and scalestats scripts into the application itself? I assume you've thought of this already, but it never hurts to ask...

This looks promising...
    Last edited by rpr; 03/26/2010 at 12:06 PM.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
  19.    #99  
    Is there any way to just build the scaleinfo and scalestats scripts into the application itself? I assume you've thought of this already, but it never hurts to ask...

This looks promising...
    i absolutely can, and will build this into the app.

the problem is time/priority.

the new version of my app with this information and other cool features will be 2.0. Its release date is unknown.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

20.    #100  
    The message from console is:

Code:
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"serviceName":"com.l337tech.cpuscaler","returnValue":false,"errorCode":-1,"errorText":"com.l337tech.cpuscaler is not running."}
    And yes, I started cpuscaler
    I also restart my Pre and set speed to 250.

Frank
    well the service is definately not running, however it is installed in the right place. Normally i would say a reboot or java restart would fix this, but you already said you did that. At this point i suspect two things:
    1. A conflicting patch is on your phone (something that does something on bootup)
    2. The service file that you downloaded got currupted by whatever reason when you downloaded it.

try this:
    1. use WOSQI to remove the cpuscaler service that is on your phone (not the app)
    2. download the latest service for your version of cpuscaler
    3. install with WOSQI
    4. try that code i previously sent:
    Code:
    5. if that doesnt work try this:
    Code:
    /sbin/initctl stop java-serviceboot
    /sbin/initctl start java-serviceboot
    6. try step 4 again, it it works then try out some options in the app and check them with this (if your not already using my scaleinfo script):
    Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    i just want to say your really unlucky, no one else has had this much trouble, lol. We will get you fixed up.

good luck and let me know how it goes,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast