Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    There was an earlier question about battery life. I've been running with the installed since Sunday. I've had not problems with freezing or reboots and battery life seems to be unaffected. At least any effect is small enough to not be noticable. I've run BatteryMonitor and get very similar numbers from what I had before the patch.

Great job!! I look forward to the 800 MHz version.
    yeah your not going to get much battery savings from doing stuff to the procesor. It already uses such a small % of the battery drain. The 3G radio and LCD screen dominate the battery drainage.

Its like replacing a few incandescent light bulbs for those florescent light bulbs in a house that has a 5000watt A/C unit.

im glad you like the app, cant wait to see how well it works with the 800mhz kernel.
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    The concern was, I believe, that running at 600 would decrease battery life. That has not been my experience and your analogy certainly helps to explain why.
    Im not getting the advertisement at all :/ worrying me a little, any chance of their being a more certain way of the app letting us know if an option has been selected

I tried setting it to 125 to see if it would be slower..but it was running normally, making me think the app isnt working proerply, i have removed the app and re installed still nothing
    installed the app. my lock screen is not black anymore. it shows the state that i locked my phone. is that normal/ok?

thanks.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Im not getting the advertisement at all :/ worrying me a little, any chance of their being a more certain way of the app letting us know if an option has been selected

I tried setting it to 125 to see if it would be slower..but it was running normally, making me think the app isnt working proerply, i have removed the app and re installed still nothing
    the most certain way to tell if its working is hitting "set speed 125mhz" and then scroll through your apps page and watch how sluggish and slow it is.

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyelliott_rock View Post
    installed the app. my lock screen is not black anymore. it shows the state that i locked my phone. is that normal/ok?

thanks.
    could you elaborate, i am confused with what your situation is. My lock screen looks normal if that helps.

Super PreKernel app

7.    #67  
    The CPUScalerUber app/service is ready for Alpha testers. It is meant to work with anyone using the custom kernel created by caj2008 and unixphyco (the 720/800mhz kernel). Be extremely careful please!! You have been warned!!! I am not responsible for you phone melting.

Be extremely careful with this app, its untested. The scaling options may or maynot freeze your phone. The Set Speed options should theoretically work fine.

Seeking Alpha Testers! PM me if your interested and understand the risk involved.

thanks!

number1pete
    Last edited by number1pete; 03/24/2010 at 06:51 AM.

Super PreKernel app

wow no testing first ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    when I lock my phone with the power button:

-normally when I press the power button to unlock, the screen is black and shows the orange lock.

-now, when I press button to unlock, I still see orange lock, but screen is not black. It is like a screen shot of when I locked phone. Not a big deal, just reporting what see.
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyelliott_rock View Post
    when I lock my phone with the power button:

-normally when I press the power button to unlock, the screen is black and shows the orange lock.

-now, when I press button to unlock, I still see orange lock, but screen is not black. It is like a screen shot of when I locked phone. Not a big deal, just reporting what see.
    It's a bug aof WebOS 1.4, not of the cpu scaler. Some people have the bug without cpu scaler.

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    if "Set Speed 125mhz" is not working then non of the other options should work either. My guess is that you entered and exited a 3D game and the LunaSysMngr set to 600mhz when you entered and back to 500mhz when you existed. Any app made with the PDK tells LunaSysMngr to set speed to 600mhz, then to 500mhz when you exit.

simply reenter "Set Speed 125mhz" in this case.
    I have the same problem. I see the ad, but nothing happens. The Pre is "fast", even if I set it to 125.

If I press "Scale and Speed Off" nothing happens. Only the ad is shown. I expected that the label changed into something like "Scale and Speed On".

Any hints?

Frank
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Timon View Post
    I have the same problem. I see the ad, but nothing happens. The Pre is "fast", even if I set it to 125.

If I press "Scale and Speed Off" nothing happens. Only the ad is shown. I expected that the label changed into something like "Scale and Speed On".

Any hints?

Frank
    here is what i would do if i what you at this point.

1. close every card you have open
    2. open cpuscaler
    3. hit more options and scroll to the very bottom
    4. select "Set Speed 125mhz" or "Set Speed 250mhz"
    5. open your main menu (the one with all your apps on it)
    6. scroll from the very top to the very bottom
    7. observe how crazy sluggish it is

if you went through those steps and it still wasnt sluggish then i would do these steps:

1. make sure your WebOS Quick Install is the latest version and that the WebOS Doctor in its folder is for your version of WebOS...ie 1.4 or 1.3.5.1 etc..
    2. Open WOSQI and go to device managment, click cpuscaler and service for cpu scale...then click uninstall.
    3. Download the ipk's again (to make sure other ones you downloaded wernt currupted somehow), and install using WOSQI.
    4. Durring installation you should be prompted to allow a script to run (unlease you have seen this prompt before and selected "yes always")
    5. if you dont see prompt and never seen one before PM me
    6. retest sluggishness test mentioned above

the new version on the app will have notifications to let you know if it worked or not....i built this version of the app in a day so its pretty basic.

good luck,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

13.    #73  
    The CPUScalerUber app/service is ready for Alpha testers. It is meant to work with anyone using the custom kernel created by caj2008 and unixphyco (the 720/800mhz kernel). Be extremely careful please!! You have been warned!!! I am not responsible for you phone melting.

Be extremely careful with this app, its untested. The scaling options may or maynot freeze your phone. The Set Speed options should theoretically work fine.

Seeking Alpha Testers! PM me if your interested and understand the risk involved.

thanks!

number1pete
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Out of respect to the forum, could you do some alpha testing before mass deployment. Some peoples phones are their livelihood and they may not understand all the complex variables involved (newbies). Jason just built us ipk's and I still have to test the ipk process let alone a whole complicated algorithom such as cpu scaling you and others may have added to the kernel. We alpha tested our kernel at constant frequency and we know the testing process and design was thorough.
    Alpha testers please see this new thread if your interested in testing the CPUScalerUber app, made to run with caj2008/unixpsycho's kernel.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...72#post2327572

Super PreKernel app

here is what i would do if i what you at this point.
    No, it doesn't work. The Pre is still "fast". I've got no error messages and the prompt to allow scripts appeared.

Frank
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Timon View Post
    No, it doesn't work. The Pre is still "fast". I've got no error messages and the prompt to allow scripts appeared.

Frank
    there must be some underlying problem.

the new version 1.1.1 of the app is out if you want to install it and give it a try.

at the bottom of the OP is a code, time_in_state, copy and paste that code into WOSQI terminal and report back with your number for "scale 500-->600mhz".

thanks,

Super PreKernel app

16.    #76  
    just released version 1.1.1 of the app.

CPUScaler version 1.1.1 features:
    -added notifications to notify the user when the cpu has been scaled or set speed
    -cleaned up the UI, scaling and set speed option now have their own drawer

Super PreKernel app

a huge thx to number1pete and everyone else that is working on this app. I was a little skeptical about this app at first. I had beed using one of the initial smart reflex patch and that was working fine, then this app with a toggle to turn on/off was released. I read up on the new info, removed my conflicting patches and theme and installed the new scaler.

I was very impressed, the app worked perfectly the first time I activated. I did run into one issue, after a reboot, I no longer received the ad at the top to confirm that the patch was activated. I also ran into some apps (sims% getting the too many cards error. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, no luck. I then went back to the scaler app, clicked the turn off scaling and speed, the clicked the set to 600mhz, viola, i t worked!! The app works even if the add is not displaying!! Sweet!!!!
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    a huge thx to number1pete and everyone else that is working on this app. I was a little skeptical about this app at first. I had beed using one of the initial smart reflex patch and that was working fine, then this app with a toggle to turn on/off was released. I read up on the new info, removed my conflicting patches and theme and installed the new scaler.

I was very impressed, the app worked perfectly the first time I activated. I did run into one issue, after a reboot, I no longer received the ad at the top to confirm that the patch was activated. I also ran into some apps (sims% getting the too many cards error. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, no luck. I then went back to the scaler app, clicked the turn off scaling and speed, the clicked the set to 600mhz, viola, i t worked!! The app works even if the add is not displaying!! Sweet!!!!
    yeah check the new app, you no longer need to rely on the ad to know if its working, just look at the little popup at the bottom to see if it worked or not!

games need at least 600mhz to run so make sure your either scaling to 600mhz or set speed to 600mhz.

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi. Just checking that I'm reading the above correctly.

The 1.1.1 app will work with the 1.1.0 service?

TIA,
    -Jerry
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Hi. Just checking that I'm reading the above correctly.

The 1.1.1 app will work with the 1.1.0 service?

TIA,
    -Jerry
    yeah i knew that would be confusing.....i only updated the app to version 1.1.1, the service is still 1.1.0. They do work together, and are supposed to go together.

Pretty stupid on my part, but im expecting the service to go 1.1.1 soon, i let everyone know.

Super PreKernel app

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast