Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031 LastLast
    Has anyone had the following error?

I encountered the error during the install of the "service" file for my three attempts so far. I have been able to get the app running a-ok but the stats do not seem to work. I get the "failed" error which has been mentioned before. Not sure if the two errors are related?
    Please forgive the newb question: I'm very new to this.

I'm trying to DL the Ultimate version of CPU scaler but can't seem to find the download link/link to pay. Can someone please PM me the link or post a reply with where I can download? Many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kkacatin View Post
    Check your e-mail that number1pete sent you and click on the link. There are instructions on how to add his feed to Preware and you can update it from there.
    I have the 2.1.0 Scaler Ultimate installed already as I donated in the past to get. I have the :337tech feed added in preware, however the update does not show up. is there something that I need to download and instal manually through wosqi?
  4.    #584  
    Quote Originally Posted by taxman007 View Post
    Has anyone had the following error?

I encountered the error during the install of the "service" file for my three attempts so far. I have been able to get the app running a-ok but the stats do not seem to work. I get the "failed" error which has been mentioned before. Not sure if the two errors are related?
    you need to install package manager service and preware.

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  5.    #585  
    Palm and I have not been able to work anything out so I am releasing CPUScalerUltimate today in the hopes that users will consider a donation.

You will find the link to the download page on the webpage below:

Webos CPUScaler Application for Palm PRE - Toggles CPU Scaling with a button

thanks for your support everyone,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    Palm and I have not been able to work anything out so I am releasing CPUScalerUltimate today in the hopes that users will consider a donation.

You will find the link to the download page on the webpage below:

Webos CPUScaler Application for Palm PRE - Toggles CPU Scaling with a button

thanks for your support everyone,

number1pete
    I've just donated $20, on top of my previous purchase a few weeks ago, and encourage others to do the same.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 05/03/2010 at 10:26 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rod -- Kudos to you. I think this is an amazing demonstration of comradery among the homebrew community.

The pace of development by the leading homebrew organizations and individuals really is just great. Hopefully Palm is able to convince HP of that fact and the value you all create. It's been a while since I donated to you WebOS Internals, but I just added a reminder in my RTFM Beta app to send some $ to you guys, Jason, Caj/unixpsycho, and a few devs of my favorite patches. I'm also going to make a donation to n1p on top of my purchase of ultimate a few weeks back.

Also, I'd like to put in my vote to request Caj get back in the game too --- if not in the same manner he was, then doing something different if there's more value he can provide elsewhere. I think those who created the controversy and criticism he felt existed should chill out and let the leaders of this community work together for all of our mutual benefit.
    Will be donating once I get the cpu up and running on my pre. Thanks for the great development.

Edit: Is up and working great, love the stats page. Just posted some cash off to you. Thanks again
    Last edited by pip smith; 05/03/2010 at 12:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    I have the 2.1.0 Scaler Ultimate installed already as I donated in the past to get. I have the :337tech feed added in preware, however the update does not show up. is there something that I need to download and instal manually through wosqi?
    That is odd. Maybe You misspelled the URL.

What you can do is do it manually by uninstalling and insalling it using wosqi.

The link in the email has the latest IPKs.
    I'm thinking about upgrading from the SuperPre Kernal to the Uber-Kernal. Can I just uninstall/reinstall the Kernals without uninstalling the CPUScalerUltimate?
    Quote Originally Posted by cashdude1971 View Post
    I'm thinking about upgrading from the SuperPre Kernal to the Uber-Kernal. Can I just uninstall/reinstall the Kernals without uninstalling the CPUScalerUltimate?
    That's what I did recently. I turned off scaling in CPUScaler then uninstalled the kernal [reinstalled the standard kernal that is] in the SPK app. I left both SPK and CPUScaler apps installed. I installed the Uber-Kernal and Govnah so I'm using Govnah to manage overclocking right now, but I think I'm going to try switching back to CPUScaler for a while [I think I have to uninstall Govnah to do that]. I especially like that CPUScaler gives you the option to stick your settings at reboot so I don't have to keep going back in to set scaling up again. Both Govnaha nd CPUScaler are supposed to be able to manage either overclocking kernal, so it's really just user preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkacatin View Post
    That is odd. Maybe You misspelled the URL.

What you can do is do it manually by uninstalling and insalling it using wosqi.

The link in the email has the latest IPKs.

I acctually noticed the typo in my post, I have my feed URL as:
    http: //L337tech.com/webos/apps (I have a lowercase L at the front, just capitalized to show that it was an L)

Is there another feed that donors need to add?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    I acctually noticed the typo in my post, I have my feed URL as:
    http: //L337tech.com/webos/apps (I have a lowercase L at the front, just capitalized to show that it was an L)

Is there another feed that donors need to add?
    that is not it.

I will send you the link because I don't know if Casey wants to change the business model in the future.

I know it is free for now, but anything can happen.
    actually, I was able to add the feed, however the app doesnt come through as an update, I will play with it. I was able to download the new version from the L337tech site directly, so I will install with WOSQI if needed, just trying to make the update work through preware alpha first.
    thanks for the direction and I will be making a 3rd donation over Casey's way!

i had transposed a letter, everything worked perfect, all good over here!! thanks all!!!
    Last edited by thePretender; 05/03/2010 at 05:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Finally got it to work. Looking forward to the newfound speed, and even donating to you, number1pete!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  16.    #596  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Finally got it to work. Looking forward to the newfound speed, and even donating to you, number1pete!
    awesome, good luck sir.

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    That's what I did recently. I turned off scaling in CPUScaler then uninstalled the kernal [reinstalled the standard kernal that is] in the SPK app. I left both SPK and CPUScaler apps installed. I installed the Uber-Kernal and Govnah so I'm using Govnah to manage overclocking right now, but I think I'm going to try switching back to CPUScaler for a while [I think I have to uninstall Govnah to do that]. I especially like that CPUScaler gives you the option to stick your settings at reboot so I don't have to keep going back in to set scaling up again. Both Govnaha nd CPUScaler are supposed to be able to manage either overclocking kernal, so it's really just user preference.
    i have both govnah and CPUScaler ultimate installed - i am using the uber prekernel. i use the CPUScaler to control my scaling because after experimenting i feel that the ondemand works best for me -- i am having no problems with the 125 - 800 setting but have it set to revert to 500 - 800 on a reset. the graphing features in govnah still work even though i am controling with CPUScaler. all and all a ferrari of a set up

thanks to all
    Last edited by mespiff; 05/04/2010 at 03:40 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have both govnah and CPUScaler ultimate installed - i am using the uber prekernel. i use the CPUScaler to control my scaling because after experimenting i feel that the ondemand works best for me -- i am having no problems with the 125 - 800 setting but have it set to revert to 500 - 800 on a reset. the graphing features in govnah still work even though i am controling with CPUScaler. all and all a ferrari of a set up

thanks to all
    Nice one - good to see the open Linux architecture is working to provide you with the best solution for your needs.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Have the 250 --> 600 scaling option enabled. 1st look is amazing! So much quicker. Thanks for this!
    is anyone having a problem with their screen going back and locking which requires a battery pull to restary when they're clocking from 250-600? Or is the problem just attributable to my phone having faulty hardware/software?