Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hope i didnt waste $5 for something that will be discontinued.

you didn't waste anything -- this ap works and it works well -- that is what you paid for ........period if it should not work with 1.5 or 2.0 well that would stink but then you might have to make a decision on if the update or the ap is more important

how many programs have you bought in your life that have charged you for a new version when the upgraded OS comes out -- so it wouldn't be fair to expect anything different here would it?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    As has been mentioned previously... what are the chances of the Ultimate version being available with an "optional" donation?

I'm just now picking up the Uber version, but would love to get my hands on the option that allows the settings to "stick" after a restart.
    I'm going to try this for free and see how things work out... but first need to get ten posts in. :^D
  4.    #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    As has been mentioned previously... what are the chances of the Ultimate version being available with an "optional" donation?

I'm just now picking up the Uber version, but would love to get my hands on the option that allows the settings to "stick" after a restart.
    I'm still in negotiations with Palm. We need to get everything sorted out first.

Thanks,

Number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    number1pete - Bought CPUscalerUltimate yesterday and got a weird problem. I'm running uber-kernel and have your app set to 800Mhz and stick on reboot. problem is after restart when i pull the stats the current cpu state is set to: 500000 and pre is slugish. if i manually set to 800mhz, it scales up to 800 and it becomes responsive but problem is that it doesn't stick on restart. any suggestions?

thanks

Alex
    number1pete - I have trouble to deinstall the CPUScalerUber Service version 1.1.1 installed through your custom feed. This is the error message I get in Preware:

Code:
    Prerm
    stop: (01112/889586177) Unknown job: com.l337tech.cpuscaleruber
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.l337tech.cpuscaleruber.prerm: line 8: syntax error: "fi" unexpected
    Any chance to get this fixed soon?

Thanks, ollo
  7.    #547  
    Quote Originally Posted by ollo View Post
    number1pete - I have trouble to deinstall the CPUScalerUber Service version 1.1.1 installed through your custom feed. This is the error message I get in Preware:

Code:
    Prerm
    stop: (01112/889586177) Unknown job: com.l337tech.cpuscaleruber
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.l337tech.cpuscaleruber.prerm: line 8: syntax error: "fi" unexpected
    Any chance to get this fixed soon?

Thanks, ollo
    Download and install the latest uber service over the one currently installed in your phone. It will overwrite it and should uninstall fine.

Thanks

Number1pete

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  8.    #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    number1pete - Bought CPUscalerUltimate yesterday and got a weird problem. I'm running uber-kernel and have your app set to 800Mhz and stick on reboot. problem is after restart when i pull the stats the current cpu state is set to: 500000 and pre is slugish. if i manually set to 800mhz, it scales up to 800 and it becomes responsive but problem is that it doesn't stick on restart. any suggestions?

thanks

Alex
    If you scroll down on the stats page what does it say under "stick" settings.

Thanks,

Number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    under stick settings it says : Userspace set speed 800mhz
    Do we need CpuScaler with the Superprekernal? I feel like yes, but just want to make sure.

And not sure where I read this, but if we choose 250-800...do email notifications come through aka data is still on when it scales to 250?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  11.    #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Do we need CpuScaler with the Superprekernal? I feel like yes, but just want to make sure.

And not sure where I read this, but if we choose 250-800...do email notifications come through aka data is still on when it scales to 250?
    if your cpu can handle 250mhz then your fine. i like 500-->800mhz though.

you can use superprekernel with cpuscaler for sure.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    if your cpu can handle 250mhz then your fine. i like 500-->800mhz though.

you can use superprekernel with cpuscaler for sure.

thanks,

number1pete
    Can you check the pm i sent you regarding uninstalling the cpuscaleruber service?
    number1pete
    How do you know if your cpu can handle 250MHz or 125MHz?

I have mine set on scale 125-720, What signs should i look for to know if this is ok or not?

Do the different settings affect battery life differently?

I know you say you sweet spot is 500MHz - 800MHz
    I believe it is mainly a stability issue at 125 and 250 but may depend on other governor settings. And really ends up being a case by case determination. For example I was trying different ondemand governor settings with 125 min and 800 max and so far with 100,000 sampling rate it appears so far (I need to run it for a week or two to undoubtedly state for sure) to not lock up at all.

When it was at the slower sampling rate of I believe by default it was at 200,000 it would lock up any time I tried to work with the memo app and I think once or twice randomly while using other low impact apps. I left everything else at default. I'm hoping that with just changing the sampling rate it is stable. Outside of stability as long as you are happy with how the device performs then there isn't anything I can think of to look at. Except if using the conservative governor, scaling up may go too slow and the device will seem laggy.

Technically the battery will last longer or less depending on the settings and governor used but also depends on each individuals usage patterns as well. If using ondemand or conservative governors but not using very many cpu intensive apps or you have a lot of idle time clocking at min of 125 or 250 could reduce the over all consumption. However if using any governor (except powersave since it is designed to run it at the min) and the max is 800 and you use a lot of cpu intensive apps you may find you consume more.

The best way to test this out is to use battery monitor every day. Open it when taking the device off the charge and then closing it when charging it with no topping off while battery monitor is open if you have to top off during the days routine. Better consumption accuracy after two hours with 1 minute intervals. The more times it polls the info the more accurate the consumption is. Check out it's official thread in the most recent posts I have posted updates to the app. Anyways after a couple weeks of say for example running ondemand with 125 min and 800 max settings recording your daily consumption and then comparing that to two weeks of daily consumption using the default governor and speed of 500 you should have sufficient data to determine if you are reducing consumption or increasing consumption based on your choice of governor and speed over the default governor and speed. Make sure to close and open battery monitor for each new 24 hour period in the event your battery normally gets you more than one 24 hour period in a single charge. The reason for that is your daily routine will vary day to day and you don't want the previous days average to influence the current days average.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Thanks alot for the detailed explanation. I understand now.

just one question do I still need the cpuscaler ultimate app if I switch to the new superkernal & its accompanying app? I don't care about the $5 I paid. I just want the best stability & performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Thanks alot for the detailed explanation. I understand now.

just one question do I still need the cpuscaler ultimate app if I switch to the new superkernal & its accompanying app? I don't care about the $5 I paid. I just want the best stability & performance.
    you don't need it but it will still give you the same effect with the super pre kernel that it gives you with what you are using now -- basically the super prekernel ap just allows you to install and remove the custom kernel on the fly
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Thanks! Love the app
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    you don't need it but it will still give you the same effect with the super pre kernel that it gives you with what you are using now -- basically the super prekernel ap just allows you to install and remove the custom kernel on the fly
    Thanks. I think im gonna go with the super prekernal app.
    Last edited by bodyshop; 04/29/2010 at 03:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Thanks. I think im gonna go with the super prekernal app. Seems others are having a lil more success with it even though i have no problems with the scaler ultimate. Seems like scaler ultimate is going to died because of piracy and I think number1pete my stop giving technical support for the app after a while.

some other interesting aps are coming up -- govnah works well but i still like the cpuscaler ap -- you can use it in conjunction with the super prekernel you know -- they only add together to make a better whole -- you can have one with out the other but it is not neccessary
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    some other interesting aps are coming up -- govnah works well but i still like the cpuscaler ap -- you can use it in conjunction with the super prekernel you know -- they only add together to make a better whole -- you can have one with out the other but it is not neccessary
    Oh, ok. I mis-understood i thought the super prekernal app was able to choose scaling freq. also. I got it now, looks like I will be keeping it after all.
    Does this thread have the latest version in the OP or is it found on another thread.