Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Hi Number1Pete,
    Great app! I know a few people that torrent. They compulsively download anything they find interesting, and they find a lot interesting. Maybe they are just gobbling everything up and your app was included. Palm is a small closed community and from what I've seen supportive of each other. Let's hope for the best for you and those torrent guys.
    Thanks...number1pete

Great App. I have only one question is the Faster Card Animation Patch a Patch that i must remove before i install the UltimateApp? Or can it be untouched.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhymes View Post
    thanks...number1pete

great app. I have only one question is the faster card animation patch a patch that i must remove before i install the ultimateapp? Or can it be untouched.
    no need to remove. You are good to go.
  4. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Hey number1pete,

Do you have any plans to add some tweaks for the WebOS Internals Uber-Kernel? cpuscalerultimate already works with it, but it would be cool if you could pick your governor as well as the speed.

Just a thought, still loving cpuscaler!

Thanks again.
    Tom
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
  5.    #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    Hey number1pete,

Do you have any plans to add some tweaks for the WebOS Internals Uber-Kernel? cpuscalerultimate already works with it, but it would be cool if you could pick your governor as well as the speed.

Just a thought, still loving cpuscaler!

Thanks again.
    Tom
    That was in the works.....till the piracy. Ultimate is no longer bringing in income so i have started to push all my development to the official palm product catalog. I submitted my first official app a few days ago.

I will be adding cpu temp support today.

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    number1pete how much will the app cost in the catalog. Will the one purchased from your website no longer be supported or updated?
  7.    #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    number1pete how much will the app cost in the catalog. Will the one purchased from your website no longer be supported or updated?
    CPUScalerUltimate will always be homebrew, due to the home built service i created.

The stuff im creating for the product catalog is just your typical mobil phone apps (no overclocking )

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    wow i'm so disheartened to see the ur scaler was literally pirated to death. Perhaps in the future if you chose to return to it u'd require users to register b4 they can use it.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hi Pete,

The real questions is.....

how much money will it take for you to continue support for the scaler. we all love it and it works great, but dont just give up on it. we want more awesome homebrew tweaks from you and all the developers that have been providing them to date.
    Hi Number1Pete,

I just purchase CPUScalerUltimate today.
    And I found I can't set uber speed higher than 600mhz.
    No matter in Scaling Option or Set Speed Option.
    what's ur suggestion?
    thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hi neo,

whick cpu oc kernel did you install first?
    Quote Originally Posted by neosubway View Post
    Hi Number1Pete,

I just purchase CPUScalerUltimate today.
    And I found I can't set uber speed higher than 600mhz.
    No matter in Scaling Option or Set Speed Option.
    what's ur suggestion?
    thanks
    did you install CAJ's 720 or 800mhz kernel?

if not then you will not be able to get to the higher speeds
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  13.    #513  
    CPUScalerUltimate goes 2.1.2

check your preware feeds and download pages....fire up the old WOSQI.

released CPUScalerUltimate 2.1.2 moments ago.

new features:

-cpu temperature support if you are running webos internals Uber-Kernel
    -new refresh stats button on the stats page for easier refreshing

good luck and happy clocking!

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Hey Pete, still am not getting the feed in Preware. Its been mentioned several times up above but the only response to the several of us that have posted were people saying "make sure you typed it in right" Well, heck why didn't I think of that! I THINK I have typed the feed in right a dozen times but still showing up as an unknown with no update option. have tried lower case "l" upper case "L" lower case "t" upper case "T" nothing seems to work.

So, what exactly are we doing wrong? If necessary spell out the feed again please exactly how it has to be since something is not working

Thanks
    You cannot sell this app outside of Palm's app catalog. I buy apps constantly, and I support the development of this app and the kernel, but you are breaking the terms of the SDK you agreed to when you downloaded the Palm SDK by selling the apps outside the official catalog.

To sell the app outside the official App Catalog is despicable and outrageous. It is against the TOS you signed and, well.. it is wrong.

EDIT:

Not to mention, you talk about how piracy is downright unethical, yet what you're doing is the same thing. DOWNRIGHT unethical. You agreed to the contract Palm wrote up (you know, the SDK Terms and Conditions--The same one the rest of us devs agreed to) and you decided to be unethical and sell your app. You deserve the piracy you got because of it. And now you're trying to say that the 40000+ pirated copies may kill the app because you didn't make enough money. If that's the case, refund the money to those who paid the unethical developer, because they shouldn't be left in the dark due to unethical people being unethical to an unethical person.

With that said, I do support the hard work, and would have certainly donated. Also, I do not in any way condone piracy.
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 04/22/2010 at 02:36 PM.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  16.    #516  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Hey Pete, still am not getting the feed in Preware. Its been mentioned several times up above but the only response to the several of us that have posted were people saying "make sure you typed it in right" Well, heck why didn't I think of that! I THINK I have typed the feed in right a dozen times but still showing up as an unknown with no update option. have tried lower case "l" upper case "L" lower case "t" upper case "T" nothing seems to work.

So, what exactly are we doing wrong? If necessary spell out the feed again please exactly how it has to be since something is not working

Thanks
    make sure there is not a "/" at the end or a "/ " at the end of the url you typed in.

thanks,

numebr1pete

Super PreKernel app

Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    You cannot sell this app outside of Palm's app catalog. I buy apps constantly, and I support the development of this app and the kernel, but you are breaking the terms of the SDK you agreed to when you downloaded the Palm SDK by selling the apps outside the official catalog.

To sell the app outside the official App Catalog is despicable and outrageous. It is against the TOS you signed and, well.. it is wrong.
    Youch. I never thought of it like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    make sure there is not a "/" at the end or a "/ " at the end of the url you typed in.

thanks,

numebr1pete

Thanks but can someone PLEASE just type out the URL the way its is supposed to be exactly for us all.
  19.    #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post

EDIT:

Not to mention, you talk about how piracy is downright unethical, yet what you're doing is the same thing. DOWNRIGHT unethical. You agreed to the contract Palm wrote up (you know, the SDK Terms and Conditions--The same one the rest of us devs agreed to) and you decided to be unethical and sell your app. You deserve the piracy you got because of it. And now you're trying to say that the 40000+ pirated copies may kill the app because you didn't make enough money. If that's the case, refund the money to those who paid the unethical developer, because they shouldn't be left in the dark due to unethical people being unethical to an unethical person.

With that said, I do support the hard work, and would have certainly donated. Also, I do not in any way condone piracy.
    A) your not completely right here
    B) man, what up with the flame?

The TOS states apps cannot be distributed outside of product catalog but if you do palm can and may take a cut of your profit if they choose. The agreement also says that any apps you make with the SDK are 100% yours (so i own my apps 100%). What i am doing can be considered a private beta where you have to pay me to test the apps. Either way i am willing to give palm their share if they want it or come for it.

I was unaware of those strict rules in the sdk and will read over them more clearly and make a desicion on how to handle this going forward.

one thing i do know is that when MyTether (a paid app outside of product catalog) started using the hotspot api Palm worked something out with them Hence why he still sells his product outside of the product catalog. I am more than willing to work something out with Palm.

here is the SDK agreement for everyone to review:
    https://developer.palm.com/index.php...rticle&id=1885

thanks,

number1pete

4. Developers' Ownership and Ability to Distribute its Applications.

4.1 Ownership of Applications. Developer shall retain all rights, title and interest in and to Applications and all Intellectual Property Rights therein. Palm obtains no right, title or interest from Developer under this Agreement in or to any Applications that Developer develops. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Developer acknowledges and agrees that Palm may develop, license or otherwise acquire the rights to distribute products that compete with Developer's Applications.

4.2 Application Signing. Developer acknowledges and agrees that Applications which access or make use of Palm's APIs may not be installed or used on Palm Devices, except in a test environment, without first being signed with a certificate issued by or for Palm. Developer acknowledges and agrees that the method under which such certificates will be issued, and Developer's ability to distribute such Applications for use with Palm Devices will be subject to further terms and conditions, which may include additional fees for application signing. Such terms and conditions shall be presented to Developer upon or before Developer's request for issuance of a certificate for any Application.

4.3 Applications Can Only Be Distributed Through the Palm Application Catalog. Developer acknowledges and agrees, that absent a separate written agreement with Palm, Developer may not distribute any Application except as allowed by Palm's formal approved distribution process and channel (the "Application Catalog"). Developer acknowledges and agrees that (a) distribution of Applications will be subject to further terms and conditions, which may include a share of the revenue generated from sale of the Applications to be paid to Palm by Developer, where such terms and conditions shall be presented to Developer upon or before Developer's request for distribution of any Application, (b) because of certain laws, regulations, as well as contractual or other restrictions, Palm may refuse to allow the distribution of certain types of Applications, and (c) distributed Applications may be viewable or inspectable by third parties, and Palm is not obligated to take any steps to obfuscate the code associated with the Applications or take any other steps to prevent third parties from viewing or inspecting Application code.

Super PreKernel app

20.    #520  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Thanks but can someone PLEASE just type out the URL the way its is supposed to be exactly for us all.

Code:
    http://www.l337tech.com/webos/apps

Super PreKernel app