Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 601
  1.    #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by firemandave View Post
    P.S. As soon as I get 10 posts and can view your donation button, I'll send a donation. 1 to go I think.
    thanks for the support sir!

    number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

    CPUScaling app L337Tech post

    Super PreKernel app

    If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  2.    #462  
    Quote Originally Posted by JMack817 View Post
    i am currently running cpuscalerultimate at 500-800mhz with the unthrottle download manager and the faster card animations patch. i have to say for a all around perfect pre experience this is the combo you are looking for. super snappy with ultra fast download speeds. recommend this combo to anyone.


    as a side note. i have noticed in the past couple of days that when i run the battery monitor app it sometimes makes my phone restart.... dont know why this happens. just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed this problem.
    check your up time in the "Stats" page of cpuscalerultimate. you may be experiencing the random luna restarts. The up time will not be reset unless its an actuall reboot, not a luna restart. The battery monitor app and my cpuscalerultimate app should not conflict unless you are hitting the "update stats" button 50 times a second for an hour or something wierd.

    thanks,

    number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

    CPUScaling app L337Tech post

    Super PreKernel app

    If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  3.    #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    N1P -- After running the 800 patch for the better part of the last month, I finally found time to read through this and I just bought the Ultimate version. Thanks for your hard work on this - (along with the Kernal work by Caj and UnixPsycho) it's clearly on the forefront of helping all of us get more from our devices.

    I have a couple of questions:

    1. Is there a description of what "Time In State" and "Up Time and Load" mean... clearly TIS is a time count of when the Proc is in a given state (duh), but what resets the count ? Reboot? It would be nice if we could reset that count on our own as we monitor our use... or maybe include the same data as % of time instead of #of (milliseconds?). Up Time and Load info I haven't quite figured out.... I think I've literally read every page of this thread over the course of the last 4 days and I didn't see a great overview of these stats.

    2. Do you (anyone) have any idea what background processes such as email checking, GPS (Google Location Services), etc... drive CPU usage above the Shift-up threshhold? I'm just wondering what 'idle' time really means and how much of the time the cpu is really idle below 11%
    1. time in state is the time the cpu has spend in each frequency since your last boot up. It gets reset on reboots. the time is 1 second = 100 units.

    2. if you have your phone turned on (not sleeping) my settings will have the cpu scaled up. Even the rendering of the pages and scrolling is enough to make it scale up (above 11% cpu usage). Checking mail and all those other background process should just be icing on the cake to make it scale up.

    bottom line, when your actually using your phone you want it to be fast. When your not using your phone you want it to save battery. That was the philosophy of how i set things up in cpuscaler apps.

    thanks,

    number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

    CPUScaling app L337Tech post

    Super PreKernel app

    If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  4.    #464  
    Piracy is illegal - unethical - disrespectful - harmful - shameful - counterproductive

    it has come to my attention from many users that piracy of CPUScalerUltimate is on a rise.

    These days there is little to nothing developers can do to stop it. All we can do is ask you to be ethical. The choice is 100% yours. Should i sin and steal apps or should i do the right thing an support the developer to encourage future developments.

    Top reasons why piracy is bad:
    *there is no incentive for the developer to release new versions
    *there is no incentive for the developer to come up with better ideas around the functionality of the current app
    *lack of incentive to develop new apps
    *its illegal and you can get in trouble
    *piracy is a sin in just about every religion
    *piracy is unethical
    *stealing apps from devs is exactly like stealing food off their plate. Devs got to eat too.
    *the developer will not help you with any questions regarding the app

    please consider everything mentioned in this post before you make the choice to steal this app or any other app. Like i said, anyone can steal any app these days, the choice is 100% yours.

    thanks for everyone who has been ethical. Your support is greatly appreciated.

    thanks,

    number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

    CPUScaling app L337Tech post

    Super PreKernel app

    If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  5. #465  
    I hope people on here will respect the work you have done and do the right thing. Enough said!
  6.    #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by djrider View Post
    I hope people on here will respect the work you have done and do the right thing. Enough said!
    thanks for the support good sir,

    number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

    CPUScaling app L337Tech post

    Super PreKernel app

    If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  7. #467  
    I totally agree with your request for respect of your creativity, talent, and business!!! One more sale coming your way this weekend when I'm in FLA visiting my sis-in-law who isn't techie enough to do this herself, but is eagerly waiting for my help. (To be honest -- it will be much easier to help her remotely when the SuperPreKernal app is released so I can have her more easily replace stock kernal in advance of future OTA updates)

    On the topic of my question #2 about background processes a few posts above... I noticed last night after a reset that the device spent most of the time in the 800 zone versus the 250 zone... (5:1 ratio to time in 800/720 versus 250)

    Usage: Not on the touchstone... The pre screen was off and no cards were open. Wifi was on (but not in active use). However I did have background apps running such as the obvious ones (email / messaging / phone) as well as Dr Podder checking and downloading (over wifi) every 4 hours.

    However when I put it on my touchstone overnight.... same settings otherwise: no cards, wifi on, Dr Podder on and checking at the same rate.... Ratio of 800:250Mhz was 1:8.... much more time (as expected) in 250...

    So, I'm wondering if "Sleep" mode means more than just having the screen off and no cards... It seems that sleep on the Touchstone is different... Can you (anyone) comment from your own experience(s). I'll continue to test this and post results if it helps you....

    Thanks.
  8. #468  
    Is the preware feed not working for anybody else? It doesn't seem to be pulling up anything for me.

    Also in regards to waiting for the next app which lets us change the up threshold.... how would I do this manually now?
    Last edited by davenukem; 04/20/2010 at 11:35 AM.
  9.    #469  
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    Is the preware feed not working for anybody else? It doesn't seem to be pulling up anything for me.

    Also in regards to waiting for the next app which lets us change the up threshold.... how would I do this manually now?
    make sure you typed the preware feed in accurately, that has been the number 1 problem.

    to change up_threshold (which i seriously discourage, due to pauses/flickers in video/sound/streaming) type this command:

    Code:
    echo 11 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/scaling_up_threshold
    see the op for more info on this.

    thanks,

    number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

    CPUScaling app L337Tech post

    Super PreKernel app

    If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  10.    #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I totally agree with your request for respect of your creativity, talent, and business!!! One more sale coming your way this weekend when I'm in FLA visiting my sis-in-law who isn't techie enough to do this herself, but is eagerly waiting for my help. (To be honest -- it will be much easier to help her remotely when the SuperPreKernal app is released so I can have her more easily replace stock kernal in advance of future OTA updates)

    On the topic of my question #2 about background processes a few posts above... I noticed last night after a reset that the device spent most of the time in the 800 zone versus the 250 zone... (5:1 ratio to time in 800/720 versus 250)

    Usage: Not on the touchstone... The pre screen was off and no cards were open. Wifi was on (but not in active use). However I did have background apps running such as the obvious ones (email / messaging / phone) as well as Dr Podder checking and downloading (over wifi) every 4 hours.

    However when I put it on my touchstone overnight.... same settings otherwise: no cards, wifi on, Dr Podder on and checking at the same rate.... Ratio of 800:250Mhz was 1:8.... much more time (as expected) in 250...

    So, I'm wondering if "Sleep" mode means more than just having the screen off and no cards... It seems that sleep on the Touchstone is different... Can you (anyone) comment from your own experience(s). I'll continue to test this and post results if it helps you....

    Thanks.

    i think your phone was just wiggin out. You probably did a reset or hard reset since that one night that cleared things up.

    thanks for the support,

    number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

    CPUScaling app L337Tech post

    Super PreKernel app

    If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  11. #471  
    It's certainly possible that the Pre was just wiggin out... but the night in question was last night (my first with the app) and I didn't even reset the phone in between my two (unscientific) test cases... only upon my return home from work. At the end of the night in the living room (4+ hours running) I just wrote down the Time in Zone #s before I put it on the TS and subtracted them out in the morning. Anyway, thanks for the active support and I'll test this out a few more times... more test info will be helpful.
  12. #472  
    Forgive my ignorance, but I read every one of the 25 pages in the thread (I know it's a cardinal sin not to, even though it takes an ungodly amount of time to do. Fortunately, I'm a nerd.), and I didn't see if I need to leave this application/card running, or will leave a background service running and I can throw the card away, a la Brightness Unlinked?

    Thank you in advance for the answer.
  13. #473  
    What's better for battery life and speed? 125-800mhz or 500-800mhz?
  14. #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by irishtexmex View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but I read every one of the 25 pages in the thread (I know it's a cardinal sin not to, even though it takes an ungodly amount of time to do. Fortunately, I'm a nerd.), and I didn't see if I need to leave this application/card running, or will leave a background service running and I can throw the card away, a la Brightness Unlinked?

    Thank you in advance for the answer.
    it runs in the background
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  15.    #475  
    Quote Originally Posted by irishtexmex View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but I read every one of the 25 pages in the thread (I know it's a cardinal sin not to, even though it takes an ungodly amount of time to do. Fortunately, I'm a nerd.), and I didn't see if I need to leave this application/card running, or will leave a background service running and I can throw the card away, a la Brightness Unlinked?

    Thank you in advance for the answer.
    you dont need to leave it running. It sets the settings in the kernel till you reboot (unless you hit "stick on reboot").

    not a bad question at all.

    thanks,

    number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

    CPUScaling app L337Tech post

    Super PreKernel app

    If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  16.    #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashdude1971 View Post
    What's better for battery life and speed? 125-800mhz or 500-800mhz?
    500-->800mhz is a bit more responsive for me. but everyone has their own deal that they like.

    thanks,

    number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

    CPUScaling app L337Tech post

    Super PreKernel app

    If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  17. #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    500-->800mhz is a bit more responsive for me. but everyone has their own deal that they like.

    thanks,

    number1pete
    I had tried other scenarios, but I'm also finding 500--->800 to be the best battery life/performance. Fantastic.
  18. #478  
    i've been looking through this thread (its pretty long) and i've seen people with a similar problem, but I haven't found a cause or solution. It appears as if the cpuscaler is causing my phone to black out and become unresponsive, some times it temporary, sometimes it requires a battery pull. Any insight?
  19. #479  
    I have been running 800/250 for a few days, completely awesome. One weird thing happened though. First I installed in the wrong order, kernel then gui then service.... woops, seemed like it was working fine. A few days later I ran "top" in the terminal application and when I closed the terminal my phone was crawling... So I ran top through novaterm and found java was burning 50% of the CPU. After much futzing around I reinstalled the kernel patch and that fixed the phone.

    Other observations were, it would run at 250 at first after a reboot but after that it would mostly run at 720 and 800 and never at 250. Now it runs at 250 when idle -IT SEEMS to be just right- still need to watch time in state for a few more days. But wow wow wow what an improvement.

    I would recommend looking very closely at the filenames before installing
  20. #480  
    It still seems like it can burn the battery down but I believe it has to be some patch... Off to look for patches that kill the battery when idle.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions