Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    great app. thanks.
    @number1pete. is the 2.1.1 an update to the service or should we just uninstall the old 2.1.0 service and reinstall.

what is in the new version?
    number1pete:
    Please put the version number somewhere in the app, like in Help/About. Its helps knowing what version we are on.
    Thanks for a GREAT app. I'm using the paid version.
    Bill
    Just ordered my copy. Thanks for the great app!
    @number1pete

I notice many people think you have to set a scaling freq. & the set speed instead of either or. So they are hiting scaling speed 500 - 800, then they hit set speed because it is under scaling. They select set speed to 800MHz not realizing they have turned off scaling & chosen to constantly use 800MHz. This is why they are seeing no scaling just constant freq. & alot of battery drain as well as heated batteries. Maybe you should explain this in your instructions or maybe Caj2008 can help explain it. Thanks to both of you guys for the great work.
    Last edited by bodyshop; 04/18/2010 at 02:13 PM.
    do we need to uninstall the 2.1.0 service & reinstall the 2.1.1 or do we uninstall the service & the app & reinstall or does the new 2.1.1 just override the old 2.1.0 without uninstalling?

Sorry for the run-on sentence/question
    Ive clicked the link for the kernel files as well as service files from the instructions from the PAID app, the ultimate version... There is an error that states that they cannot be found. If anybody has seen these run away files?
  8.    #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by tekknic View Post
    Ive clicked the link for the kernel files as well as service files from the instructions from the PAID app, the ultimate version... There is an error that states that they cannot be found. If anybody has seen these run away files?
    All links have been restored. Not sure what happened to them.

thanks for the heads up,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  9.    #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    do we need to uninstall the 2.1.0 service & reinstall the 2.1.1 or do we uninstall the service & the app & reinstall or does the new 2.1.1 just override the old 2.1.0 without uninstalling?

Sorry for the run-on sentence/question
    for CPUScalerUltimate:

the app is still version 2.1.0

the service is now 2.1.1

just use the update button in preware. If using WOSQI, its okay to install the new service on top of the old. Everything get overwritten.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    for CPUScalerUltimate:

the app is still version 2.1.0

the service is now 2.1.1

just use the update button in preware. If using WOSQI, its okay to install the new service on top of the old. Everything get overwritten.

thanks,

number1pete
    Thanks aot
  11.    #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    number1pete:
    Please put the version number somewhere in the app, like in Help/About. Its helps knowing what version we are on.
    Thanks for a GREAT app. I'm using the paid version.
    good suggestion. expect this in the next release.

preware and wosqi have the ability to tell you the app and the services version number.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

@number1pete
    Preware isnt giving the opportunity to update just shows 2.1.0 not 2.1.1. Just letting you know. I just installed it from webOS QI anyway.

Also, Check my post #444
    I am absolutely loving this app. My pre can last longer than a day now without a charge.

i have one question about future updates. Have you considered adding more steps reaching the highest frequency. As it is, the phone will top out with only one moderately demanding app open. It would be nice if it would scale up to about 600MHz upon opening the first app, then top out if the user needs more juice.

I know i can just do it manually, but my version of the app doesn't have an option for manually setting frequency to 250 MHz, and you would be the coolest guy ever if you added this feature (not that you aren't already extremely cool).
    I could not find the app in Preware? Which section is it in?

Thanks!
    Last edited by GridIron21; 04/18/2010 at 10:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    So, I find this peculiar.

When I set the threshold 125 - 800, the Pre crashes within 5 minutes. If I set the threshold to 250 - 800, the Pre also crashes within 5 minutes. If I set the threshold 500 - 800, it runs just fine. I assume I have a bad processor.

I then choose to force CPU speed at 250. The phone runs fine. I force it even lower to 125, and it still doesn't crash. If the processor was 'bad' why does one method crash it while the other does not?
    Hi all,
    I just installed the ultimate version..followed the instructions, but when i click on stats...i get this...
    Refresh stats

failed try again
    failed try again
    failed try again
    failed try again
    sample rate n/a with userspace
    up threshold n/a with userspace
    powersave bias n/a with userspace
    failed try again

any idea what i did wrong??? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    I could not find the app in Preware? Which section is it in?

Thanks!
    did you add the custom feed to preware? if you did then you should be able to find it in preware ... if you didn't then start reading backward untill you find the directions to add the feed
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  18.    #438  
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    Hi all,
    I just installed the ultimate version..followed the instructions, but when i click on stats...i get this...
    Refresh stats

failed try again
    failed try again
    failed try again
    failed try again
    sample rate n/a with userspace
    up threshold n/a with userspace
    powersave bias n/a with userspace
    failed try again

any idea what i did wrong??? lol

make sure you install the service (need the app and the service to work properly). If you feel like you did, then do it again. Then hard reset.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

19.    #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
    So, I find this peculiar.

When I set the threshold 125 - 800, the Pre crashes within 5 minutes. If I set the threshold to 250 - 800, the Pre also crashes within 5 minutes. If I set the threshold 500 - 800, it runs just fine. I assume I have a bad processor.

I then choose to force CPU speed at 250. The phone runs fine. I force it even lower to 125, and it still doesn't crash. If the processor was 'bad' why does one method crash it while the other does not?
    A "bad" processor may not like the voltage jumps from low to high. Works fine for a lot of people, just not all of them.

500-->800mhz is what I run. Its my favorite.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

20.    #440  
    @number1pete

I notice many people think you have to set a scaling freq. & the set speed instead of either or. So they are hiting scaling speed 500 - 800, then they hit set speed because it is under scaling. They select set speed to 800MHz not realizing they have turned off scaling & chosen to constantly use 800MHz. This is why they are seeing no scaling just constant freq. & alot of battery drain as well as heated batteries. Maybe you should explain this in your instructions or maybe Caj2008 can help explain it. Thanks to both of you guys for the great work.
    @number1pete
    Preware isnt giving the opportunity to update just shows 2.1.0 not 2.1.1. Just letting you know. I just installed it from webOS QI anyway.

Also, Check my post #444
    The app is still 2.1.0 so there is no need to update. The service has been updated to 2.1.1. Make sure you dont already have the 2.1.1 service by looking in installed packages, then go to services luna, click on CPUScalerUltimate Service and read the version number.

To you other quote above, I did not realize people were unclear on this. You can either have your kernel automatically scale the cpu freq based on cpu utilization or you can manually set the speed. If you set the speed, your processor is no longer scaling.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app