Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    number1pete all i see is my paypay confirmation email. I don't even recall getting an email I was taken straight to the download page.
  2.    #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    awwweeeeeeesooooomeeee /sarcasm

I'm a little wary of the 800Mhz kernal. Is there a 500-->720Mhz scaling in the works? If not I may just roll on 720Mhz for awhile. Since I have a "bad" cpu what kind of risks am I running right now?
    yeah 500--720mhz is in the ultimate version.

it was accidently left out of the free version and i have not had yet to update it.

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  3.    #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    number1pete all i see is my paypay confirmation email. I don't even recall getting an email I was taken straight to the download page.
    PM me with the email address you used with paypal...

ill fish it out from my email server and send it your way.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    Alright peoples....

Preware is a go!

you can either get my free apps or CPUScalerUltimate from Preware now.

For everyone that purchased CPUScalerUltimate, simply revisit the download page to find a detailed word document on how to get your Preware setup with my private custom feed.

For the people enjoying the free apps, simply add this feed to your preware for all my current and future free apps:

Code:
    http://l337tech.com/webos/apps
    for consistency call this feed "L337tech-webos-free"

I recommend using Preware feeds because it makes keeping your app up to date very easy. Simply open Preware and hit "update feeds", it will let you know if there is an update available. If so, hit update.

thanks everyone and happy clocking,

number1pete
    I understand the feed name starts wit an L. On the address is that the number one or a lower case l ?
    just did
    yeah 500--720mhz is in the ultimate version.

it was accidently left out of the free version and i have not had yet to update it.

thanks,

number1pete
    alright thanks for the tip. I'll just stick with 720mhz or manually switch between 500mhz and 720mhz when needed. Take your time this is a great app!
  7.    #407  
    Quote Originally Posted by djrider View Post
    I understand the feed name starts wit an L. On the address is that the number one or a lower case l ?
    lol, good question. it is actually an "L" but i can definitely see why you would be confused.

im going back to change that post.

thanks for the heads up,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

thanks do we need to just update or remove first then install?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Hi I have installed the uberscaler and service and then since purchased the ultimate but when going to uninstall the uber service i get the following error:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for the great utility. I notice there is a newer service 2.1.1 in the paid d/l?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    thanks do we need to just update or remove first then install?
    i just updated after installing the feed to the premium ap and everything worked great

- results may vary --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i just updated after installing the feed to the premium ap and everything worked great

- results may vary --
    Same results here.
    I purchased 2.1.0 and did the install. Everything seems fine.

I do have one question... with the CPUScaler app installed, do I need to keep the patches for battery warning and battery temperature, or are they redundant?

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me

I do have a couple of questions... with the CPUScaler app installed, do I need to keep the patches for battery warning and battery temperature, or are they redundant?

Also, I understand that previous CPU scaling needs to be removed, BUT, does previous overclocking need to be removed? I've been running at 800Mhz for a week or so now, and just learned of the CPUScaler IPK, which I installed on my overclocked device.

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post

I do have a couple of questions... with the CPUScaler app installed, do I need to keep the patches for battery warning and battery temperature, or are they redundant?
    Personal preference. I have both installed along side CPUScalerUltimate. Saves having to open the scaler app when checking temps while testing.

Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3
    Also, I understand that previous CPU scaling needs to be removed, BUT, does previous overclocking need to be removed? I've been running at 800Mhz for a week or so now, and just learned of the CPUScaler IPK, which I installed on my overclocked device.
    This app is designed to work with the overclocking kernals as well as the stock one.

I have mine set to 500-800MHz scaling and am more than happy with the results.
    Bell Palm Pre - The longer I have it the more I do with it.
  16.    #416  
    Quote Originally Posted by Benuk View Post
    Hi I have installed the uberscaler and service and then since purchased the ultimate but when going to uninstall the uber service i get the following error:

this guy has a legit problem created by me last night at about 10pm us central.

if you installed cpuscaler, cpuscaleruber, or cpuscalerultimate b/t the hours of 10pm central april 16th and 9am central april 17th us. Then you might want to read this.

I was updating the files last night for better compatibility with preware (mainly to fix one small preware install problem) and left out 1 line of code that keeps WOSQI/Preware from being able to uninstall the service for the above apps.

the fix:
    1. download the latest service to you computer (for your version of cpuscaler).
    2. install the service with WOSQI (this overwrites the service currently on your phone)
    3. now you can succesfully remove the service with either WOSQI/Preware

sorry about this guys, i made a noob mistake last night, probably due to tiredness.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

just getting ready to post the same question thanks!
    After doing some experimentation I seem to have gotten my Pre to a stable config with CPUScalerUltimate and the 720mhz IPK. I was thinking I might have one of those bum processors since my Pre does not seem to like running under 500mhz, but I haven't had any issues running scaling from 500->720. Is it strange that my Pre doesn't mind being overclocked but hates being underclocked?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

sorry about this guys, i made a noob mistake last night, probably due to tiredness.

thanks,

number1pete
    Just to say I also emailed number1pete about this issue and he sorted it for me via email straight away, so thanks for that and thnks for the scaling app.

if you installed cpuscaler, cpuscaleruber, or cpuscalerultimate b/t the hours of 10pm central april 16th and 9am central april 17th us. Then you might want to read this.

I was updating the files last night for better compatibility with preware (mainly to fix one small preware install problem) and left out 1 line of code that keeps WOSQI/Preware from being able to uninstall the service for the above apps.

the fix:
    1. download the latest service to you computer (for your version of cpuscaler).
    2. install the service with WOSQI (this overwrites the service currently on your phone)
    3. now you can succesfully remove the service with either WOSQI/Preware

thanks,

number1pete
    my device froze after this. cant get it to dev mode to use webos quick install. help?

EDIT: doctored.
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 04/17/2010 at 11:09 PM.