Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    number1pete- I have the new 800 ipk with your CPU Ultimate using a Seidio 2600 battery. Absolutely love the way it runs. Great job. What's the biggest difference between the 720 and 800 kernels? I haven't tried the 720-any reason I should drop down to that? I don't do games, etc. Just email, calender, phone, youtube, etc.

Thanks.
    Yes and it only see's 600mhz. When I select 500-800mhz, I only scale 500-600mhz
    Maybe I am just stupid, but I don't see a buy now link anywhere on this thread, or on your site. I only see a donate button, do I just donate and you reply to me with a link to use for private feed?

Maybe my computer is blocking the buynow button for some reason.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    go to page 1 of this thread, scroll down to the red "download link" and click. Access it that way.
    Love this app - thanks a bunch!
    [edited]

EDIT : Actually, scratch that. Seems like I keep losing my data connection since I've installed the app+service. Twice now my data connection will vanish, when I check the phone prefs it's set to "Roam Only" and "Data Usage Off".. if I try to change them back, it doesn't work (My normal setting is Sprint Only). Only a reboot seems to restore them.

EDIT #2 : Ok I set the CPUScalerUltimate to 500->600 and my data connection seems to be staying alive now. Not sure what's up with that but its definitely repeatable for me. If I choose any of the settings that allow my Pre to go under 500mhz, it drops the data connection after being in sleep mode for a few minutes. Really strange.
    Last edited by themirthfulswami; 04/16/2010 at 02:32 PM.
    Just made the purchase for ultimate. Thanks for the hard work.
    Ok I finally got it working...my bad, I was using the wrong 800mhz Kernal!
    mine is working like a champ, fast fast, and COOLER than before, even on the touchstone.

23-28C
    Last edited by Steph3n; 04/16/2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: as low as 23C now :)
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
  10.    #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by toddfoutz View Post
    Love this app - thanks a bunch!
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Just made the purchase for ultimate. Thanks for the hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    mine is working like a champ, fast fast, and COOLER than before, even on the touchstone.

23-28C
    thanks fellas, your kind comments are greatly appreciated.

thanks for the support,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  11.    #391  
    Alright peoples....

Preware is a go!

you can either get my free apps or CPUScalerUltimate from Preware now.

For everyone that purchased CPUScalerUltimate, simply revisit the download page to find a detailed word document on how to get your Preware setup with my private custom feed.

For the people enjoying the free apps, simply add this feed to your preware for all my current and future free apps:

Code:
    http://L337tech.com/webos/apps
    for consistency call this feed "L337tech-webos-free"

I recommend using Preware feeds because it makes keeping your app up to date very easy. Simply open Preware and hit "update feeds", it will let you know if there is an update available. If so, hit update.

thanks everyone and happy clocking,

number1pete
    Last edited by number1pete; 04/16/2010 at 09:54 PM.

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    I purchased weeks ago and I thought the download page only comes up after you pay for the app. How do we get to the page?
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I purchased weeks ago and I thought the download page only comes up after you pay for the app. How do we get to the page?
    i got mine last week to and i just got an email from @pete confirming my payment with the link again just now
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
  14.    #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    look through your mailbox...even maybe in spam box....for email from l337tech.com

you should be able to use a search feature to find it.

if not PM me and ill hook you back up.

it has the location to the download page.

thanks,

number1pete
    Last edited by number1pete; 04/16/2010 at 06:47 PM.

Super PreKernel app

15.    #395  
    update:

my mail server is back up!

it was down for 20min....i dont think anyone noticed...

thanks,

number1pete
    Last edited by number1pete; 04/16/2010 at 06:46 PM.

Super PreKernel app

Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    Alright peoples....

Preware is a go!

you can either get my free apps or CPUScalerUltimate from Preware now.

For everyone that purchased CPUScalerUltimate, simply revisit the download page to find a detailed word document on how to get your Preware setup with my private custom feed.

For the people enjoying the free apps, simply add this feed to your preware for all my current and future free apps:

Code:
    http://l337tech.com/webos/apps
    for consistency call this feed "L337tech-webos-free"

I recommend using Preware feeds because it makes keeping your app up to date very easy. Simply open Preware and hit "update feeds", it will let you know if there is an update available. If so, hit update.

thanks everyone and happy clocking,

number1pete
    Thanks! For the updates, do we need to uninstall then reinstall or will a simple update be ok? Just asking because instructions for the newer version of apps/service ask to uninstall before update.
    nm.got it.
    I have the 720 Mhz kernal installed and everytime I go into the CPUScalerUber app and set it to scale from 250 Mhz to 720 Mhz, my phone locks up and I have to do a battery pull. Any tips?
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    I have the 720 Mhz kernal installed and everytime I go into the CPUScalerUber app and set it to scale from 250 Mhz to 720 Mhz, my phone locks up and I have to do a battery pull. Any tips?
    your cpu is from the "bad" batch. You need to stay above 250mhz or else youll get freezes. Try 500-->800mhz.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    your cpu is from the "bad" batch. You need to stay above 250mhz or else youll get freezes. Try 500-->800mhz.

thanks,

number1pete
    awwweeeeeeesooooomeeee /sarcasm

I'm a little wary of the 800Mhz kernal. Is there a 500-->720Mhz scaling in the works? If not I may just roll on 720Mhz for awhile. Since I have a "bad" cpu what kind of risks am I running right now?