Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
  1.    #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    Quick question.

I have the old 800 MHz .sh kernel installed from before the .ipk versions were even out. I am using this along with the scaling app to scale from 500 to 800 MHz. Everything is working fine, its great. But I notice if I check the time_in_state that it is only running at 500, 720, or 800 MHz. It never runs at 550 or 600. Why is this?

I don't particularly care that it does this I guess because most of the time its at 500 (my phone is idle a lot), and then when I use it its at 720 or 800 so the performance is really good.
    ondemand scaling governor is supposed to go from bottom to top...and nothing in between. So it should go from 500 straight to 800mhz. But because the kernel is janky (at the moment...come on palm!) i have to do some things that make cpu spend a little bit of time at the frequency slightly lower than max.

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  2.    #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahatma Ganja View Post
    Just installed 720mhz patch and this scaler app, but i do not have scale 5000 --> 720 but only 500 -> 800 mhz.

do i have to use paid version of scalerAPP?

edit: I downloaded these two:
    com.l337tech.cpuscaleruber_1.1.0_all.ipk
    com.l337tech.cpuscalerappuber_1.1.1_all.ipk
    at the moment....ultimate is the only one with that option. However, i do plan on updating the free versions one of these days.

The ultimate version is requiring most of my time at the moment, but i have big plans for the free versions (and the ultimate version).

stay tuned...

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  3.    #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by steiale View Post
    Bought it, installed it, works like a charm, love it..
    The guys at palm should pay you for the things you do for the pre and the community. How many people sticked to the pre because of your patches?

You guys rock!!
    your flattery is making me blush.

thanks for the kind remarks and support,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Up and running...I look forward to seeing how well this does.
  5.    #365  
    CPUScaler
    and
    CPUScalerUber

are now on preware! Please add my custom feed. Any other free apps that i have coming will be on this feed as well. Keeping your app up to date is much easier by utilizing my custom feed with Preware.

For all my free apps please add the feed:
    Code:
    http://L337Tech.com/webos/apps
    I have named this feed "L337Tech-webos-free"

In preware go to feed management to add feeds.

CPUScalerUltimate will be on a private custom feed on Preware so you guys can stay up to date easily as will. I am not done with this feed yet. I will keep you posted.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    CPUScaler
    and
    CPUScalerUber

are now on preware! Please add my custom feed. Any other free apps that i have coming will be on this feed as well. Keeping your app up to date is much easier by utilizing my custom feed with Preware.

For all my free apps please add the feed:
    Code:
    http://L337Tech.com/webos/apps
    I have named this feed "L337Tech-webos-free"

In preware go to feed management to add feeds.

CPUScalerUltimate will be on a private custom feed on Preware so you guys can stay up to date easily as will. I am not done with this feed yet. I will keep you posted.

thanks,

number1pete
    I have added this feed website in preware. I named it CPUSCALER. Does it have to be named "L337Tech-webos-free" to work?" I just want to make sure I have it set up correctly.
    Thanks
  7.    #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I have added this feed website in preware. I named it CPUSCALER. Does it have to be named "L337Tech-webos-free" to work?" I just want to make sure I have it set up correctly.
    Thanks
    no,

the only difference is if you click on a file from the feed and start reading about it...you will see "feed: "L337Tech-webos-free""

i believe preware will also filter by feeds and my filter it as "L337Tech-webos-free" instead of what you put. not sure though.

thanks for the support,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

hi number1pete. any i purchased your ultimate version and installed it 2 days ago. any diffrance between my version and todays version?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    amazing job thx! ultimate rocks!
  10.    #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    hi number1pete. any i purchased your ultimate version and installed it 2 days ago. any diffrance between my version and todays version?
    you have the latest and greatest...

the preware release was for the two free apps that just have the core functionality. Your version has tons of extra features.

I will let you know when the CPUScalerUltimate preware feed is ready. That way staying up to date is super easy.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

11.    #371  
    Quote Originally Posted by stephentr View Post
    amazing job thx! ultimate rocks!
    thanks for the support!

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

I have the new updated 800 MHz kernel installed and the CPUScaler Ultimate installed. Smooth as glass. My question is: My scaling options are 500-600, not 500-800 as in the CPUScaler uber (which i used first). Why would I install a 800 kernel and only be able to scale to 600. Will the ultimate bump it up to 800 if necessary?
    Thanks
  13.    #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by firemandave View Post
    I have the new updated 800 MHz kernel installed and the CPUScaler Ultimate installed. Smooth as glass. My question is: My scaling options are 500-600, not 500-800 as in the CPUScaler uber (which i used first). Why would I install a 800 kernel and only be able to scale to 600. Will the ultimate bump it up to 800 if necessary?
    Thanks
    your not the first person to ask this. You need to hit "uber speeds" on the main page of CPUScalerUltimate.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

14.    #374  
    Guys/Gals,

i got got the custom private feed for CPUScalerUltimate in preware working. I will be rolling it out later today. Users, expect an email.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Got it! Thank you
    I had to Doctor my Palm Pre back to 1.4.1.1.
    After doing this, I wanted to install everything back. But after installing: "com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzkernel_armv7"
    and the other files:
    1. "com.l337tech.cpuscalerult_2.1.0_all"
    2. "com.palm.l337tech.cpuscalerappultimate_2.1.0_all"

The Ultimate App does not see the 800mhz patch.
    I also noticed after step two of the instuctions, a post script should have ran. That never happend for my. Is there some step I'm missing? It worked before I doctored my phone. Any thoughts?
  17.    #377  
    kmader,

please pm me as the email you provided paypal is not working for me.

i need to send you email about the download page so provide me with valid email address.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

18.    #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashdude1971 View Post
    I had to Doctor my Palm Pre back to 1.4.1.1.
    After doing this, I wanted to install everything back. But after installing: "com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzkernel_armv7"
    and the other files:
    1. "com.l337tech.cpuscalerult_2.1.0_all"
    2. "com.palm.l337tech.cpuscalerappultimate_2.1.0_all"

The Ultimate App does not see the 800mhz patch.
    I also noticed after step two of the instuctions, a post script should have ran. That never happend for my. Is there some step I'm missing? It worked before I doctored my phone. Any thoughts?

i think your okay. sometimes people click "yes, always" for running postinst scripts so you may not see them. you can change back the option to ask every time in WOSQI menu.

what do you mean CPUScalerUltimate cant see the 800mhz kernel? have you tried any of the "uber speeds" then checked if they worked in the stats page?

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

I bought the ultimate version today after using the standard version for the past few days. Works great, awesome job!! Looking forward to the preware feed for the ultimate version. Will future updates through preware work like other applications, meaning just hit the "update" button or will we still need to uninstall/install?
  20.    #380  
    just hit update....preware does the rest.

thanks for the complements,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app