Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    So should the set speed be set to 800MHz if you have the 720MHz kernal or set to 800MHz?
    i think your slightly confused so i will try and clear things up.

the 720 and 800mhz kernels supplied by caj/unixpsycho have these frequencies available:

the reason caj/unix psycho distrubted the kernels in two flavors (720 and 800) is becasue they included a luna patch in each that sets the cpu speed at a constant speed (either 720 or 800)

the cpuscaler apps overwrites the luna patch. You can use the cpuscaler app to "set speed" of any value mentioned above no matter if you have the 720 or 800mhz kernel. And of course the cpuscaler app can "Scale" from any values to any values mentioned above. So far it seems like the optimal setting for most people is 500-->800mhz. Some people really like 250-->800mhz.

hope this clears things up.

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  2.    #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    is this ever going to be implemented to preware?
    yes, but you must wait, lol.

Rod has expressed interest for including paid apps. I have suggested some methods to him. He has a lot to think about and work on in regards to paid apps.

the free versions will be in preware shortly.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Okay, I swear I love this phone more every day, and it's thanks to frequent awesomeness like this patch. Between this patch, the 800mhz kernel, and this new Faster Card Animations patch, the results are really amazing. The improvements to the overall user experience are dramatic. Great work. Really great work.

Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    I'm going to try it.
    Hey, numer1pete....I now have the ultimate version that "sticks" on reboot and it's very cool. I did not know that my donation several weeks ago got me access to this version of Ultimate, so I donated again (gladly) to get it but you refunded my donation. Here's the deal...I'm putting this on my Pre and my wife's Pre so when I make my next donation....KEEP IT, lol! I'm heading to Cabo for 5 days and when I get back I'll hit the donation button again....thanks for your work on this.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Been using the CPUScalerUltimate version and it's been working great thus far with no problems.
    i am a verizon customer and waiting for the 1.4.1 update -- i have been running you uber 2.1 and have the 800MHz kernel installed -- holy crud this is a vast improvement to the phone

my question is when the update becomes available what is it suggested that i delete and reinstall prior to updating??

my phone is working - running so good right now i am frightened at the idea of any change

thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  8.    #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i am a verizon customer and waiting for the 1.4.1 update -- i have been running you uber 2.1 and have the 800MHz kernel installed -- holy crud this is a vast improvement to the phone

my question is when the update becomes available what is it suggested that i delete and reinstall prior to updating??

my phone is working - running so good right now i am frightened at the idea of any change

thanks
    just remove the kernel....the app and service can stay along for the upgrade.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

9.    #349  
    if you are the dude from Lower's Home Inspection.....your mailbox is full and not receiving anymore emails.

PM me with a different email so i can send you the email with directions to the download page.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Bought it, installed it, works like a charm, love it..
    The guys at palm should pay you for the things you do for the pre and the community. How many people sticked to the pre because of your patches?

You guys rock!!
    Just installed 720mhz patch and this scaler app, but i do not have scale 5000 --> 720 but only 500 -> 800 mhz.

do i have to use paid version of scalerAPP?

edit: I downloaded these two:
    com.l337tech.cpuscaleruber_1.1.0_all.ipk
    com.l337tech.cpuscalerappuber_1.1.1_all.ipk
    Last edited by Mahatma Ganja; 04/15/2010 at 09:08 AM.
    Quick question.

I have the old 800 MHz .sh kernel installed from before the .ipk versions were even out. I am using this along with the scaling app to scale from 500 to 800 MHz. Everything is working fine, its great. But I notice if I check the time_in_state that it is only running at 500, 720, or 800 MHz. It never runs at 550 or 600. Why is this?

I don't particularly care that it does this I guess because most of the time its at 500 (my phone is idle a lot), and then when I use it its at 720 or 800 so the performance is really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    Quick question.

I have the old 800 MHz .sh kernel installed from before the .ipk versions were even out. I am using this along with the scaling app to scale from 500 to 800 MHz. Everything is working fine, its great. But I notice if I check the time_in_state that it is only running at 500, 720, or 800 MHz. It never runs at 550 or 600. Why is this?

I don't particularly care that it does this I guess because most of the time its at 500 (my phone is idle a lot), and then when I use it its at 720 or 800 so the performance is really good.
    i have had mine set to 250 - 800 and have noticed that it never goes below 500 either
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    In response to the original topic of this thread: Thanks! I'll be gauging it's effectiveness over the next week.
    Bought it, works like a charm.
    thanks for a great app.
    What's best setting to set the phone to? I want speed but not a lot of battery loss.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashdude1971 View Post
    What's best setting to set the phone to? I want speed but not a lot of battery loss.
    500-800MHz is the best to run at. but if you are not using your phone and wanted to set the speed at 250mhz to save a small amount of battery life. that sfine. but i would leave it at the 500-800mhz
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Uninstall old version of kernel and reinstall new ipk located on my second signature thread

caj2008
    I have done as you stated above and still only see 800/720/500 in TIS.

Just trying to help with some data that's all. I have had some screen lockups when waking the phone with the power button. Any thoughts on this? I am running the "latest" 800 kernel and cpuUltimate app. I only seem to get the LUNA reboots and lockups when trying to scale instead of sticking to one frequency.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    if you are the dude from Lower's Home Inspection.....your mailbox is full and not receiving anymore emails.

PM me with a different email so i can send you the email with directions to the download page.

thanks,

number1pete
    Its empty now!
  20.    #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by tlower View Post
    Its empty now!
    gotcha sent...

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app