Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    I had server issues yesterday that were resolved. If you still havnt received email then pm me your email address and I'll make sure your payment went thought, and if so I'll personaly send you the link.

since you already have kernel installed all you need now is the app and it's service and your good to go.

thanks,

number1pete

I just sent you a PM.
    ok,quick question? Is it better to put the scaling to 125-800 or 500-800,or 250-800. Is the stock pre comes as 125-500? Which settings would make my pre faster,i really don't care much about battery life,cuz I have plenty batt. Right now I'm using the 125-800 scaling,with 800mhz ipk.
  3.    #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    ok,quick question? Is it better to put the scaling to 125-800 or 500-800,or 250-800. Is the stock pre comes as 125-500? Which settings would make my pre faster,i really don't care much about battery life,cuz I have plenty batt. Right now I'm using the 125-800 scaling,with 800mhz ipk.
    stock pre comes at "Set Speed 500mhz" where its always 500mhz.

my ultimate favorite setting is "Scale 500-->800mhz". It gets great battery life, the performance is awesome, and you preserve the cpu life by keeping it at 500mhz during idle.

good question.

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    stock pre comes at "Set Speed 500mhz" where its always 500mhz.

my ultimate favorite setting is "Scale 500-->800mhz". It gets great battery life, the performance is awesome, and you preserve the cpu life by keeping it at 500mhz during idle.

good question.

thanks,

number1pete
    yeah, and some PDK(eg. 3D games) apps runs at 600MHz.
    thanks for your promt answer number1pete,now setting my pre to 500-800scaling.
  6.    #286  
    deleted previous comments about getting a valid email address from a recent buyer, becasue the buyer responded via pm and the problem was resolved.
    Last edited by number1pete; 04/12/2010 at 12:38 PM.

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  7.    #287  
    both posts, here and at L337Tech.com, have been updated to make the price of CPUScalerUltimate more clear.

thanks for the support everyone,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    now I see that it is an old email
    Anyone getting issues with the app not reporting stats? (Keeps saying "failed try again".) It appears to be working by looking at the speeds using a command line. Running Ultimate 2.1.0.
    @number1pete

You must have a compatible kernel installed for the version of CPUScaler that you are using for the app to perform properly

It is very important that you remove all cpu effecting patches or code before you install any version of CPUScaler.

@number1pete
    Sorry, I Dont mean to sound like I cant read but these two statements are confusing me. Do I need to uninstall the 720MHz IPK before i install this cpuscaler App or do I leave it installed prior to installing this App.

Also is the "unthrottle download manager" one of the patches that should be removed prior to installation? Do I even need this anymore with the 720MHz Kernal IPK?
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbx View Post
    Anyone getting issues with the app not reporting stats? (Keeps saying "failed try again".) It appears to be working by looking at the speeds using a command line. Running Ultimate 2.1.0.
    did the name of the service you installed say:
    com.l337tech.cpuscalerult_2.1.0_all.ipk

Im thinking you installed an older service or still have a service running from the free apps. Make sure you uninstall any of the older services.

Make sure you reboot after installing the service i mentioned above to clear out any old services you may have running.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

12.    #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    @number1pete

You must have a compatible kernel installed for the version of CPUScaler that you are using for the app to perform properly

It is very important that you remove all cpu effecting patches or code before you install any version of CPUScaler.

@number1pete
    Sorry, I Dont mean to sound like I cant read but these two statements are confusing me. Do I need to uninstall the 720MHz IPK before i install this cpuscaler App or do I leave it installed prior to installing this App.

Also is the "unthrottle download manager" one of the patches that should be removed prior to installation? Do I even need this anymore with the 720MHz Kernal IPK?
    wow, good question. Im actually suprised this hasnt been asked sooner.

The 720mhz ipk is actually a new kernel that supplies frequencies of 125--800mhz. Everyone calls it a patch but in reality its just a kernel.

You need that kernel installed to run at speeds higher than 600mhz.

unthrottle download manager............took a look at this patches code and it has no affect on the cpu.

In summary, your good to go.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

did the name of the service you installed say:
    com.l337tech.cpuscalerult_2.1.0_all.ipk

Im thinking you installed an older service or still have a service running from the free apps. Make sure you uninstall any of the older services.

Make sure you reboot after installing the service i mentioned above to clear out any old services you may have running.

thanks,

number1pete
    Installed com.palm.l337tech.cpuscalerappultimate_2.1.0_all.ipk
    It's the first and only installation I've done (so no older services) and I've done several reboots. Will uninstall and attempt again. Weird that it's only affecting the stats.

Thanks!
    wow, good question. Im actually suprised this hasnt been asked sooner.

The 720mhz ipk is actually a new kernel that supplies frequencies of 125--800mhz. Everyone calls it a patch but in reality its just a kernel.

You need that kernel installed to run at speeds higher than 600mhz.

unthrottle download manager............took a look at this patches code and it has no affect on the cpu.

In summary, your good to go.

thanks,

number1pete
    Thanks alot & for your quick response!!!

Last thing in response to your answer, should i set the scaling to 125--800mhz since those are the frequencies the kernal supplies? I was going to use 500 - 800 since I see most report they have good success with that setting.
    It's the first and only installation I've done (so no older services) and I've done several reboots. Will uninstall and attempt again. Weird that it's only affecting the stats.

Thanks!
    Nevermind, the kernel is running at 800mhz only, so I've got an installation issue with the scaler app! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I am having major problems when i install this it either makes it to where my phone is not recognized by the computer or when i take it off of the computer it says its still charging. Also when I make a call it makes my screen stay black when im done talking. I know its the app because when i delete it, it works fine. Any suggestions? I have the 800 kernel and the uber ipk installed
    Last edited by jwinn35; 04/12/2010 at 02:17 PM.
  17.    #297  

Thanks!
    guys, I'm going to be preparing a detailed word document with screenshots and pictures to accurately reflect the installation procedure.

I will be including this document on the download page. This should clear up a lot of issues that I have been hearing.

I'll let everyone know when it's ready.

thanks,

number1pete

I'll le

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Okay, I uninstalled the .sh version of the kernel.

Code:
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    After the phone rebooted I went to the Ipk Deployment:550/600 MHz LunaSysMgr and WebOS 1.4.1.1 720/800 MHz Kernels - PreCentral Forums page and downloaded the com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzkernel_armv7.ipk-(800 MHz) file.

I then used quick install to install the file.
    I used the following to determine the speed before and after the install of the ipk kernel file.

Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
    Before installing the 800MHzkernel ipk it reported 500000 and after 800000.

I then went into the CPUScalerUltimate application and tapped the Uber Speeds button. I get the following error.

You must have a compatible kernel installed for these Uber Speed options to work properly. Tap for details.
    When I tap for details, I get this thread.

What do I need to do to get this to work? Where do I get a compatible kernel?

Thank you.
  19.    #299  
    that message is not an error. It is just a permanent message that everyone sees.

by your discription of your installation, I think you are good to go. Try any of the uber speeds and see if they worked by visisting the stats page.

thanks,

number1pete

Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    Okay, I uninstalled the .sh version of the kernel.

Code:
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    After the phone rebooted I went to the http://Ipk Deployment:550/600 MHz Lu...Central Forums page and downloaded the com.unixpsycho.webos141_800MHzkernel_armv7.ipk-(800 MHz) file.

I then used quick install to install the file.
    I used the following to determine the speed before and after the install of the ipk kernel file.

Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
    Before installing the 800MHzkernel ipk it reported 500000 and after 800000.

I then went into the CPUScalerUltimate application and tapped the Uber Speeds button. I get the following error.

When I tap for details, I get this thread.

What do I need to do to get this to work? Where do I get a compatible kernel?

Thank you.

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I tried the stats page and mostly get "failed try again". Sorry I didn't put that in the original post.

that message is not an error. It is just a permanent message that everyone sees.

by your discription of your installation, I think you are good to go. Try any of the uber speeds and see if they worked by visisting the stats page.

thanks,

number1pete