Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    number1pete

I went to your site and paid for the CPU Ultimate product. Aren't I supposed to get an email that will provide me with a link to download the 2.1.0 files? I have yet to get this email, and it's been over a half an hour since I paid.

Also, I am running a Verizon Pre Plus with 1.4.0 WebOS. I have the 800MHzOS14.sh kernel installed (and working GREAT). Can I simply install the two 2.1.0 files and be good to go????
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I've been using CPU Ultimate at 500-800 scaling speeds without much issue for about a week. This morning I decided to try 250-800 and I when I made the change it froze. I reset and tried it again and it froze again. The third time I applied my normal settings 500-800 and it froze. I haven't installed anything new that might cause a conflict with CPU scaler. Any ideas? Should I uninstall and reinstall? Thanks.
    I'm having problems downloading the files to my phone,keep saying device not found. What to do?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Are you sure Dev mode is on?
    yea,trying again.
    damn..computer needed novacomb to implemented. thanks a lot guys.
  7.    #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcspam123 View Post
    number1pete

I went to your site and paid for the CPU Ultimate product. Aren't I supposed to get an email that will provide me with a link to download the 2.1.0 files? I have yet to get this email, and it's been over a half an hour since I paid.

Also, I am running a Verizon Pre Plus with 1.4.0 WebOS. I have the 800MHzOS14.sh kernel installed (and working GREAT). Can I simply install the two 2.1.0 files and be good to go????
    I had server issues yesterday that were resolved. If you still havnt received email then pm me your email address and I'll make sure your payment went thought, and if so I'll personaly send you the link.

since you already have kernel installed all you need now is the app and it's service and your good to go.

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  8.    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    I've been using CPU Ultimate at 500-800 scaling speeds without much issue for about a week. This morning I decided to try 250-800 and I when I made the change it froze. I reset and tried it again and it froze again. The third time I applied my normal settings 500-800 and it froze. I haven't installed anything new that might cause a conflict with CPU scaler. Any ideas? Should I uninstall and reinstall? Thanks.
    make sure 500-->800mhz stettings were applied by visiting the stats page. If your still having issues do a hard reset. If that doesn't help try running cpu at default settings for a few hours then go back to scaling.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcspam123 View Post
    number1pete

You were supposed to click on the go back to developer link and the ipks were there.
    number1pete do we need to use the 800 kernel on the download page once we pay or can we use the one from caj's thread?
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    number1pete do we need to use the 800 kernel on the download page once we pay or can we use the one from caj's thread?
    you can use either. As of yesterday they were the same since caj2008 adopted the ipk that I built for the kernel. I believe he is using a different ipk now.

either way it still installs the same 800mhz kerel so no worries. It's just that some ipk's that were made were causing install error. That is why mine was recently adopted by caj2008 since it has proven to be the most reliable.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

I have my settings at 250-800mhz and today during phone call the screen went black and I had to pull the battery. Those were the settings caj recommended. I am trying the 500-800mhz now to see if that makes a difference.
    With the install of your ipk can you then scale it down to 720 or are you just limited to the 800mhz speed?
    Now that I've had the cpu scaling app,im running the 250-800scaling,with a speed of 800mhz,and all seems well. I believe that if you're running a overclock cpu,then this app is a must to have. Try it out! Also you have the option of choosing any speed you want,wheather to overclock or stock speed. Thanks again to all that made these apps and patches available.
    I wanted to thank you for the app, I have been wanting a little more speed but I am too in love with my phone to do the 800mhz for fear of shortening the lifespan of my Pre. I downloaded the .ipk for the 600 mhz and then noticed the link for your CPU scaling app and decided to give a try even though I am fairly new. Anyway, I downloaded and installed the CPUscaler with no problem, thanks to your simple instructions and first I set the app to the 500-600. Then after about an hour, I had been running the battery monitor and wanted to try running the phone at 250-600 to see if it would improve the battery life a little.

So, I opened the CPU app and clicked on the setting, the phone froze. I gave the phone a few minutes to see if it was just trying to switch over... but eventually ended up having to pull the battery. It started up just fine, but my question is... I haven't had any freezing up issues whatsoever, no lag or stuttering with the 600mhz .ipk before or after the scaling app. Did it freeze because I tried to switch it while it was already set on 500-600? Should I turn it off and then switch the settings or is this possibly a sign that I have one of the processors that was deemed a "bad batch"? Or is it that normal when trying to change the scaling options while already set at another scale? Is there some instructions that I missed somewhere as far as this is concerned?

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered elsewhere and thanks for app! I turned it back on after the phone booted back up and it's running perfectly but I just wanted to see if this has happened before or should I remove the patches. I really don't want to but this is my 4th Pre in three weeks and I really don't want to fry this one. (The first two had cracks on the screen out of the box and that last one had a power button that broke; causing the screen to stay sleeping.)
    Last edited by stephani.forsythe; 04/11/2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: grammar correction
    First Alltel "smartphone" HTC Touch (4 devices); then HTC Diamond (1 device); then Blackberry Pearl 8130 (1 device; the Blackberry Curve 8330 (6 devices due to becoming Verizon customer ); then.... Finally the wondrous and amazing Palm Pre and I will never go back!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephani.forsythe View Post
    I wanted to thank you for the app, I have been wanting a little more speed but I am too in love with my phone to do the 800mhz for fear of shortening the lifespan of my Pre. I downloaded the .ipk for the 600 mhz and then noticed the link for your CPU scaling app and decided to give a try even though I am fairly new. Anyway, I downloaded and installed the CPUscaler with no problem, thanks to your simple instructions and first I set the app to the 500-600. Then after about an hour, I had been running the battery monitor and wanted to try running the phone at 250-600 to see if it would improve the battery life a little.

So, I opened the CPU app and clicked on the setting, the phone froze. I gave the phone a few minutes to see if it was just trying to switch over... but eventually ended up having to pull the battery. It started up just fine, but my question is... I haven't had any freezing up issues whatsoever, no lag or stuttering with the 600mhz .ipk before or after the scaling app. Did it freeze because I tried to switch it while it was already set on 500-600? Should I turn it off and then switch the settings or is this possibly a sign that I have one of the processors that was deemed a "bad batch"? Or is it that normal when trying to change the scaling options while already set at another scale? Is there some instructions that I missed somewhere as far as this is concerned?

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered elsewhere and thanks for app! I turned it back on after the phone booted back up and it's running perfectly but I just wanted to see if this has happened before or should I remove the patches. I really don't want to but this is my 4th Pre in three weeks and I really don't want to fry this one. (The first two had cracks on the screen out of the box and that last one had a power button that broke; causing the screen to stay sleeping.)
    yet still you remain a dedicated lover of palm pre,i love that I myself love this phone a lot,and I'm not trying to change that. I'm currently on the 800mhz speed and it's even more stable for me compare to the 600mhz. If you think that speed is awesome,try the 800mhz patch ipk with the 250-800scaling from number1pete... I assure you.youll be blown away. Don't worry about damaging your phone,that as not happen yet to anyone,and shoot,the phone comes with insurance. Happy clocking!
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    yet still you remain a dedicated lover of palm pre,i love that I myself love this phone a lot,and I'm not trying to change that. I'm currently on the 800mhz speed and it's even more stable for me compare to the 600mhz. If you think that speed is awesome,try the 800mhz patch ipk with the 250-800scaling from number1pete... I assure you.youll be blown away. Don't worry about damaging your phone,that as not happen yet to anyone,and shoot,the phone comes with insurance. Happy clocking!
    uh oh. I might just have to do it, I have been talking myself out of it all day... from everything I have read, the 800ipk seems to be more stable and better on battery life.

Totally unrelated, it makes me mad that everyone is taking from the Pre. The new blackberry slider phone, looks just like an ugly Pre, which I like the blackberries but come on. The iphone and Droid and HTC are doing the multitasking? and don't quote me but one of them is doing the Synergy thing but calling it "sense". It's so sad that the Pre could've have been at the very top (and is, despite all the hardware issues, at the top IMO) and because they rushed through to launch and lost many customers due to poor relations from Sprint. I don't know, I have heard that Palm is in trouble because of this situation but I hope they are not. I mean, due to the amazing people here on Precentral and all the incredible developers, if you own a Pre and have Preware installed... the Pre is going to be perfectly customized to each owner. I love and appreciate that more than anything. I will never own another device that isn't webOS. I know it's lame, but I love my shiny, pretty stone
    First Alltel "smartphone" HTC Touch (4 devices); then HTC Diamond (1 device); then Blackberry Pearl 8130 (1 device; the Blackberry Curve 8330 (6 devices due to becoming Verizon customer ); then.... Finally the wondrous and amazing Palm Pre and I will never go back!
    stephani.forsythe... Let us know how it turn out for you,i think I have one of the good batch of pre's,no problem yet! I can even go to the lowest speed and no freezes or anything. This is my third replacement and I finally hit the jack pot. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    stephani.forsythe... Let us know how it turn out for you,i think I have one of the good batch of pre's,no problem yet! I can even go to the lowest speed and no freezes or anything. This is my third replacement and I finally hit the jack pot. ;-)
    Also, just to mention. The two broken Pre's out of the box came from Radioshack and turns out they received a bad batch and are discontinuing the Pre in the Radioshacks in my area... lame, I know but I made a mistake purchasing a phone from there in the first place. I will definitely try out the 800 ipk just going to wait a few weeks and see how the 600 works out on this device, it was manufactured on 7/21/09 and reconditioned on 9/04/09. Thanks.

UPDATE: So, I have had the 600 ipk installed for about 24 hours and no issues... then I installed the cpuscaler and set it for 500-600mhz. That was about 9 hours ago. Then I just looked down at my phone and it had randomly rebooted. I don't know what that means, I have the Preset Reset installed but it's set for 4am not 9pm.
    Any advice would appreciated... should I just remove and reinstall the cpuscaler or just keep it off? Or should I just remove both the 600 and the cpuscaler. I don't want to but I heard this was symptom that the processor isn't handling the .ipk well. what should I do? Also, I know that when I installed the 600 I had to remove all the patches and the reinstall them... should I have done that before installed the CPU scaler?
    Last edited by stephani.forsythe; 04/11/2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Random Reboot...
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephani.forsythe View Post
    Also, just to mention. The two broken Pre's out of the box came from Radioshack and turns out they received a bad batch and are discontinuing the Pre in the Radioshacks in my area... lame, I know but I made a mistake purchasing a phone from there in the first place. I will definitely try out the 800 ipk just going to wait a few weeks and see how the 600 works out on this device, it was manufactured on 7/21/09 and reconditioned on 9/04/09. Thanks.

UPDATE: So, I have had the 600 ipk installed for about 24 hours and no issues... then I installed the cpuscaler and set it for 500-600mhz. That was about 9 hours ago. Then I just looked down at my phone and it had randomly rebooted. I don't know what that means, I have the Preset Reset installed but it's set for 4am not 9pm.
    Any advice would appreciated... should I just remove and reinstall the cpuscaler or just keep it off? Or should I just remove both the 600 and the cpuscaler. I don't want to but I heard this was symptom that the processor isn't handling the .ipk well. what should I do? Also, I know that when I installed the 600 I had to remove all the patches and the reinstall them... should I have done that before installed the CPU scaler?
    My pre randomly rebooted without the new kernels installed. Its a known 1.4 issue.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1