Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    @number1pete

Are you aware that the link you provide for this, totally freezes and crashes IE?
    I had tried 5 times, various ways, and each time the page partially loaded, then froze , then was not responding. I had to restart my system several times.

It does load correctly in Chrome, but with such a serious page load issue, it makes me a bit hesitant to try this.

I DID pay, and download, and am reading thru your instructions, that seem very disjointed and hard to follow.

I see from a post above, IF I already have 800MHz .sh up and running, I only need 2 of the files that downloaded to get this working?
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    dianehelen,

That is most likely a temporay server issue. I have had that happen due to overdemand on my servers and seriously contemplated creating mirror sites (turned out OK though). Just be patient and you will experience the wonders of cpu scaling like I have.
    yep sounds like an isolated incident. Try back in a few. The download page should absolutely work with any browser given that it is the most simple page ever built, lol. I tried with IE 6 so i know it works.

Or your IE could have been corrupted by virus somehow. You probably should be using firefox/chrome/opera/safari anyway for speed and security reasons.

your point is taken on my installation instructions. I will try and revise things so that thins are more clear.

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    For the 250->800 mhz scaling setting, does the app just implement:

Code:
    echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo 800000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    echo 250000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo 11 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold
    echo 1000000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate
    echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/powersave_bias
    Is that just all it enters into the OS or is there more to it?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    For the 250->800 mhz scaling setting, does the app just implement:

Code:
    echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo 800000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    echo 250000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo 11 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold
    echo 1000000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate
    echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/powersave_bias
    Is that just all it enters into the OS or is there more to it?
    thats it. And if you hit the "stick" button, those commands are applied at boot up.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  4.    #244  
    #######################################
    servers are currently down!!!!
    A huge storm is currently in my area
    please be patient for my servers to come online
    waiting on my internet provider to fix everything as well
    hopefully everything will be back online by the end of the day

this means if you made a purchase you will not receive an automatic email until my servers and internet connection has been restored
    you can still be directed to the download page on purchase by selecting the "return to merchant" button at the end of your purchase with paypal

sorry guys, please be patient

thanks

number1pete
    #######################################

Super PreKernel app

Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    thats it. And if you hit the "stick" button, those commands are applied at boot up.

thanks,

number1pete
    I'm just skipping the hassle and importing it as a /etc/event.d script. Just wanted to know what settings the app imports into the OS. Seems like the threshold is pretty low though.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    @number1pete
    Nope, I have tried numerous times, and get the same result each time, day or night. The browser freezes and I have to end task, which takes a full 2-3 minutes to end...

My IE is not corrupt, I have strong antivirus always running, so there is def something amiss somewhere.

I use a variety of browsers so I can always see the comparison, and for this issue IE just seems to be having some problem..

Has ANYONE else experienced this? I cant believe Im the only one.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Help.....I install the following three ipk's, in below order and did a hard reboot following each. Everything seems to be running smoothly, except I do not have any options above 500-600MHz in the Scaling Options or above 600MHz in the Set Speed Options

When hitting Stats button it shows Current CPU Freq = 800000
    Max Scaling Freg = 800000
    Min Scaling Freq = 125000

webos141_800MHzkernel_armv7.ipk
    cpuscalerult_2.1.0_all.ipk
    com.palm.l337tech.cpuscalerappultimate_2.1.0_all.ipk

Nevermind.....I found it in the Uber Speeds...duh!!!!!!! LOL

Thanks for all your work and a great app!!!
    Last edited by blznqgr; 04/10/2010 at 11:43 AM.
    OK Update from me

took the plunge and sorta mucked my way thru the rambling instructions.

It all seemed to go ok, but the instructions seem to be pointing to a forced reboot after the install, which did not happen.

I did, take the precaution and DO a reboot manually.

I went back and the app is on my Pre, went in, not really too certain of all the settings, but I think I got it right.

Set scaling to 250 ==800MHz

set to keep settings on reboot.

lets see what if any impact this has now..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

9.    #249  
    servers are back up, thanks for your patience

Super PreKernel app

But the freeze/Stop Responding error browser issue still exists with IE

I Pre

11.    #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by blznqgr View Post
    Help.....I install the following three ipk's, in below order and did a hard reboot following each. Everything seems to be running smoothly, except I do not have any options above 500-600MHz in the Scaling Options or above 600MHz in the Set Speed Options

When hitting Stats button it shows Current CPU Freq = 800000
    Max Scaling Freg = 800000
    Min Scaling Freq = 125000

webos141_800MHzkernel_armv7.ipk
    cpuscalerult_2.1.0_all.ipk
    com.palm.l337tech.cpuscalerappultimate_2.1.0_all.ipk

Nevermind.....I found it in the Uber Speeds...duh!!!!!!! LOL

Thanks for all your work and a great app!!!

lol, glad you found it.

the reason uber speeds are on a different page is becasue many people use this app with the standard kernel that only has speeds from 125--600mhz.

thanks for the support,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

12.    #252  
    But the freeze/Stop Responding error browser issue still exists with IE
    could you please supply me with the version of internet explorer that you are using.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I'll confirm what dianehelen is saying. IE8 flat out freezes when loading your download page. Been doing it for a couple days that I know of.

IE8 ver 8.0.7600.16385
  14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by engine101 View Post
    I'll confirm what dianehelen is saying. IE8 flat out freezes when loading your download page. Been doing it for a couple days that I know of.

IE8 ver 8.0.7600.16385
    very interesting. Good ole IE 8.

My suggestion is to use Firefox/Chrome/Opera/Safari. They are better for security and speed anyways.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

thank number1pete
    great app,i use from 125 to 720,it work very good。

1 question

Down to 125 or 250 Mhz,it is good for cpu and protect cpu? or hurt cpu ?

thanks。
    Thanks, for confirming its not just me.

I am using IE8, and have tried it on 4 different computers, 2 windows 7, and 1 XP home premium, and 1 XP Pro

It does it consistently every time

I Pre

If you run it compatability mode it won't hang up. I tried it after I read the posts and confirmed it hung up with compatablity mode it didn't freeze.
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    lol, glad you found it.

the reason uber speeds are on a different page is becasue many people use this app with the standard kernel that only has speeds from 125--600mhz.

thanks for the support,

number1pete
    Makes sense now....Just a major brain fart

Been running for almost a day now and no issues to report. Running 250 - 800 and love seeing the additional battery life!!!!!!!

Trevor
  19.    #259  
    Thanks, for confirming its not just me.

I am using IE8, and have tried it on 4 different computers, 2 windows 7, and 1 XP home premium, and 1 XP Pro

It does it consistently every time
    To the people with IE problems. I just booted up the old windows 7 ultimate box and tried the download page with IE 8 and it worked fine. I tried each download link and they downloaded fine as well. I couldnt imagine what is causing the errors on yalls computers. I definitely believe yall but it has to be some other issue that is not just IE 8.

As mamouton above said, try running in compatibility mode if you still get hangs. Or just pick up a worthy browser like chrome or firefox.

thanks,

number1pete
    Last edited by number1pete; 04/11/2010 at 09:26 AM.

Super PreKernel app

20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by hellojp View Post
    thank number1pete
    great app,i use from 125 to 720,it work very good。

1 question

Down to 125 or 250 Mhz,it is good for cpu and protect cpu? or hurt cpu ?

thanks。
    it should protect your cpu. The less voltage you run through the cpu the longer its lifespan will be. The lower frequencies require less voltage.

The only bad thing about 125mhz is that some people's cpus cant handle the lower voltage and they get random freezes every now and then. You must have a good cpu that has no problem with it, similar to my cpu.

thanks for the support,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app