Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Awesome. all installed and runnin. WAS SUPER EASY!!!! will update tomorrow on stats. i use my phone like crazy so this should be interesting.
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by JMack817 View Post
    Awesome. all installed and runnin. WAS SUPER EASY!!!! will update tomorrow on stats. i use my phone like crazy so this should be interesting.
    glad you liked it.

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Great app. Thanks.
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Great app. Thanks.
    np sir.

enjoy,

number1pet

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    purchased and running smooth. 500-800 MHz scale uses a lot less battery that plain 800MHz in my tests.

Thanks for a well implemented kernel, service and app (to all participants)
  6.    #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by runebune View Post
    purchased and running smooth. 500-800 MHz scale uses a lot less battery that plain 800MHz in my tests.

Thanks for a well implemented kernel, service and app (to all participants)
    good to hear about your battery.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

I bought the app and it works perfectly. The only time I ever had trouble with the 800ipk patch was when I charged the phone. It got a little hotter than it usually did. Now when I charge the phone I just set the speed to 500MHz and it stays cool. When I am done I put it back to 500MHz-800Mhz scaling and my battery life is unbelievable.

With Caj2008, Jason and yourself it makes having the Pre the best mobile phone experience I ever had! Thanks guys!
  8.    #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by djrider View Post
    I bought the app and it works perfectly. The only time I ever had trouble with the 800ipk patch was when I charged the phone. It got a little hotter than it usually did. Now when I charge the phone I just set the speed to 500MHz and it stays cool. When I am done I put it back to 500MHz-800Mhz scaling and my battery life is unbelievable.

With Caj2008, Jason and yourself it makes having the Pre the best mobile phone experience I ever had! Thanks guys!
    wow, truly kind words.

thanks for the support, and happy clocking!

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    just bought the App looking forward to increased battery life while having the performance of the 720 kernel patch....nice work number1pete, caj2008 and unixpsycho...you guys rule...props to Rod Whitby too!
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    just picked up this beast!!! can't wait!!!
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    I just installed this patch the 210 version.

I have already installed the 800Mhz Ipk version.

So after I rebooted I looked at the stats and it's reporting 60000, where is the 800 mhz info?

Am I doing something wrong.

I made sure I installed the patches in the correct order.

I did not turn on any of the features yet.

So what am I doing wrong.

I did check with Xorg Tools and it is showing that I am set to 800mhz.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Purchased app. I am using the optimized scalable 800 mhz kernel. I set the CPU Ultimate app to Set at 800 mhz and to stick. It seems very unstable, even though tried to set to 600-800 mhz and tried 800 mhz the Stat reads all over the place from 250 to 800 mhz and the pre is going slowwwww.

This is from this forum:

"A recommended kernel built by unixpsycho/caj2008 and packaged by L337tech into an easy install ipk for WebOS 1.4.0 is supplied via download page with purchase of CPUScalerUltimate. Also there is a new 800mhz kernel for WebOS 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 that unixpsycho ipk'd up and is available here."

I did not see a kernel download on purchase page, so I used the one from http://unixpsycho.com/palm-pre/#Overclock_800Mhz_kernel. And like I said it was not stable with the CPU Ultimate app. I then tried it with the Optimized 800 mhz kernel (not scalable). It works at 800 mhz fine then. But the stat feature for battery temp, etc. does not work correctly.

What am I missing. I would like to use the scalable kernel and keep at 600 to 800 mhz, but keeps dropping to 250 mhz.
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 04/09/2010 at 04:02 AM.
  13.    #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Purchased app. I am using the optimized scalable 800 mhz kernel. I set the CPU Ultimate app to Set at 800 mhz and to stick. It seems very unstable, even though tried to set to 600-800 mhz and tried 800 mhz the Stat reads all over the place from 250 to 800 mhz and the pre is going slowwwww.

This is from this forum:

"A recommended kernel built by unixpsycho/caj2008 and packaged by L337tech into an easy install ipk for WebOS 1.4.0 is supplied via download page with purchase of CPUScalerUltimate. Also there is a new 800mhz kernel for WebOS 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 that unixpsycho ipk'd up and is available here."

I did not see a kernel download on purchase page, so I used the one from uNiXpSyChO. And like I said it was not stable with the CPU Ultimate app. I then tried it with the Optimized 800 mhz kernel (not scalable). It works at 800 mhz fine then. But the stat feature for battery temp, etc. does not work correctly.

What am I missing. I would like to use the scalable kernel and keep at 600 to 800 mhz, but keeps dropping to 250 mhz.
    you got kernel issues. I am not sure how you missed the download link for the kernel ipk that i put together, but i highly recommend using that kernel. Just look for it in the installation instructions on the download page.

also, make sure to do a hard reboot after kernel installs. Sometimes the cpu gets a little off and needs a hard reboot.

Hard reboot = turn phone off completely....wait a minute....turn phone on
    if you want to be real hard core you can pull the battery while the phone is off and hit the power button. This drains the capacitors which can get you back running nicely.

BTW, their are a lot of kernel ipk's floating around now so im working with some people to come up with a standard to track/install these things. I built a kernel installer application last night and have had good results so far. Ill keep everyone posted.

thanks,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

14.    #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I just installed this patch the 210 version.

I have already installed the 800Mhz Ipk version.

So after I rebooted I looked at the stats and it's reporting 60000, where is the 800 mhz info?

Am I doing something wrong.

I made sure I installed the patches in the correct order.

I did not turn on any of the features yet.

So what am I doing wrong.

Rob

lol, sounds like you are one of the peoples that joined the 600mhz club. Caj2008 knows all about this. Your kernel installation went bad.

Please try the recommended kernel. The download link is found in the installation instructions on the download page.

Make sure to uninstall your current kernel before installing the recommended one.

Also, dont be shy to try some settings. Try "Set Speed 800mhz" then go to stats page and make sure it set properly. Then try "Set Speed 600mhz" and verify it.

not sure what this means but if you have 800mhz as an available frequency then you should be good to go. Just hit the scaling or set speed option that you want and verify that its set in the stats page.

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    ... do not retract from how awesome it is to have this service/app running. But! I did want to put these out there and see if anyone noticed something similar:

at scaling from 125-800, I would sometimes lose my data connection. I have one of the patches that alters the phone menu, so I tried to "turn on" data, but this had no effect, nor did turning the phone radio off and back on. Had to do a device reboot to get it back. Since bumping it to 250-800, this has not happened. Could it have been a result of running at 125, as in, do I have a "bad" chip?

The second thing only happened once, so I'm inclined to think it was random or related to running at 125, but once after unplugging the phone, I turned on the screen using the power button and saw my normal background (no shading, no clock) but with a lock button, which I dragged out and the phone was fine. Repeated this twice (power screen off, power screen on), decided it didn't matter, and went on with my day, and then the next time I turned it on (maybe an hour later) it was back to normal.

again, I'm not complaining, it's more like when they're testing new drugs for the FDA, they list everything that happened to any of the patients as a possible side effect. For example, if a person were to break a bone rollerblading while taking a study drug, it would be listed as a possible side effect even if the drug were for, say, acid reflux.

by the way, I'm running the (unixpsycho/caj2008) 800MHz patch installed by number1pete's ipk, with CPU Scaler Ultimate 2.1.0 on a 1st day Sprint. All the scaling, stat, stick, and temp features work great.

In the meantime I'm so much happier with my phone now. Thanks for your hard work, number1pete!
    Last edited by edhkim; 04/09/2010 at 07:45 AM. Reason: more details on what I'm running
    Ok, I have the 800mhz kernel ipk patch on,do I need anything else with it? I've been reading about the cpu scaling patch 500-800,what does that do! Just curious!!!
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    I've been running this for a little over 9 hours now with around .5 to .7% battery drain per hour. I would definitely recommend this app if you have an overclocked pre. I'm using the scalable settings 500-800 and its just awesome!!!
    most def. Will do,so just go to the top of this page and download which one? Or is it the same thing whichever one you download?
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    most def. Will do,so just go to the top of this page and download which one? Or is it the same thing whichever one you download?
    I would go with the ultimate because you get more options. Its not free but totally worth it.

My understanding of CPU scaling is that it sets the maximum/minimum CPU speed to whatever you like depending on your kernal, and it dynamically changes the clock speed based on load, in my case 500MHz to 800MHz. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    I would go with the ultimate because you get more options. Its not free but totally worth it.

My understanding of CPU scaling is that it sets the maximum/minimum CPU speed to whatever you like depending on your kernal, and it dynamically changes the clock speed based on load, in my case 500MHz to 800MHz. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    will do.... Thanks!