Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Looks good. On my Verizon Pre Plus with 2.1.0 I still get the "GPS permanent Error" no matter how I have configured the checkboxes for GPS and Google Services. I did notice that I got the error immediately if only Google Services was on. Other mapping programs are fine on this device. My unlocked Palm Pre 2 works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jg123 View Post
    Looks good. On my Verizon Pre Plus with 2.1.0 I still get the "GPS permanent Error" no matter how I have configured the checkboxes for GPS and Google Services. I did notice that I got the error immediately if only Google Services was on. Other mapping programs are fine on this device. My unlocked Palm Pre 2 works fine.
    so when i tick off google services it will work? I have been constantly annoyed by the permanent error too. I have a pre plus VZW meta doctored to 2.1
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    No, I get the GPS permanent Error instantly when I only have Google Services checked. It takes a few more seconds if GPS and Google Services are checked.
    i was able to make this work by doing the following:

1. enable the GPS fix app, press GPS fix button
    2. uncheck google location services
    3. launch smartrunner.

NOTE that i have the pro version...

I wish that someday all you have to do is launch the app.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Thought we didn't need the GPS Fix app anymore. Oh well, downloading it now... By the way there is another thread on GPS problems with VZW 2.1 Pre+ phones. I'll add the link here.

Edit:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-new-post.html
    I noticed that the audio doesnt say the correct mileage on a hike. I may have a spotty cell service in the area, so dont know if that effects it? If I go on a hike i have it set to say every 1 mile and at lets say 3.5 miles it will say 4.8miles. Perhaps a bug or the service not being good in the area?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345