Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I am using 1.01, and find that it overstates both my speed and distance by a significant amount. I ran in a 5K the other day, and it showed my distance as 3.8 miles instead of 3.1. I ran about the same distance around my neighborhood the other day, and it showed pretty much the same thing. Is anyone else having similar problems?
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    ive tried 1.04 out today on my usual cycle runs and so far so good. ill be trying it on a jog later but its looking promising. Good work.

I did get the signal lost sound once but it was immediately followed by the signal found tone and it didnt stop tracking
    Similar experience here with 1.04. Tested it out last night on a walk, and only lost gps once, took about 15 second to reacquire and be back on my way.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    used it again without incident today, seems all is well
    i went out for a run today.

i have the update 1.0.4 version and this is the first time i used it with the updated 1.4.1.1 verizon pre plus.

I had a problem locking in my gps again. opened everything. i had to restart my pre to get a lock... I think it might be the pre tho, because in google maps and yp mobile maps, my location was off before i restarted...

but after i restarted all went fine... the distance tho was a bit off compared to the iphone run i experimented with (in previous post)... will observe some more.
    just to update my experience with this software .

looks like the gps lock was faster than before. i have opened it with google maps or vz navigator.

will try to not open any next time
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    does it bother anyone that when you go to new track, it begins counting immediately? i'd rather have it start at 0:00 and you have to reenable the timer. just my two cents.
    Anyone hear a voice speak in German when using the Premium version and started a track? Am I just hearing things? It sounds like it's announcing the time elapsed in German.
    The graph online is confusing me. The altitude part makes sense to me, but the other one? The orange one. Is that supposed to be acceleration? Anyone know?
    I just bought v1.1.0 and it's a nice program, but I'm having GPS issues (and my GPS issues are only with this program).

Normally my GPS (Verizon PrePlus) works very well, with quick signal acquisition times & good accuracy. When I start Smartrunner however, it gets the signal in 5-10 seconds then within 1 seconds displays the error "GPS Permanent Error" and loses the signal (and will never lock on again). If I close Smartrunner, then open any other GPS app (Maptool, SimpleGPS, VZ Nav, any of them) they acquire a GPS signal & keep it, no problem.

The only way for me to guarantee Smartrunner gets & keeps a good signal, is to open one of my other map programs, let it get a lock, then open Smartrunner. Then I can close the other map program & Smartrunner will keep the lock (but haven't tested on a long run yet). Very strange... I also noticed that this error appears to be a timeout and the failure is repeatable when my device is overclocked past 600MHz. Soon as I slow it down, it doesn't give me this error. Do you have a GPS acquisition routine that is closely time dependent before it errors out?

FYI, I am a paid VZNavigator customer (way overpriced, but I like the voice guidance), and have performed the QPST GPS tweak, and added GPS fix, Ebagg's patch (that I customized), which is part of why I can get a very quick GPS lock. As stated earlier, all my other GPS programs can get a quick lock no problem (usually in <10 seconds).
    After the last update of SmartRunner, the free version stopped getting a GPS signal. Actually, it never completes the synchronizing phase of the login. Doesn't matter if I have another GPS app open or not (I'm on Sprint) I've stopped using it since I have a Garmin Forerunner 350 and was really only testing SmartRunner.

Based on comments I've seen, it doesn't seem to be an isolated incident.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    After the last update of SmartRunner, the free version stopped getting a GPS signal. Actually, it never completes the synchronizing phase of the login. Doesn't matter if I have another GPS app open or not (I'm on Sprint) I've stopped using it since I have a Garmin Forerunner 350 and was really only testing SmartRunner.

Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post

I am using the free version on sprint and sometimes mine will not get a gps fix, a restart will fixes this though.

Also I am running uberkernel 1000/500
    Oddly enough, my GPS lock in Smartrunner seems to work better (without the "GPS Permanent Error") when I ENABLE Google Services under the "Location Services" config. And yes, I am getting a real GPS lock, not just a Google Services location. Unfortunately, other programs work worse with this enabled!

I've noticed some GPS apps work better with Google Location Services disabled, and others with it enabled. The difference to me seems to be whether the app requests a one time "Get Position" vs a "Start Tracking" from the OS. I wish that all these GPS apps would give users options to configure the accuracy level (1, 2, 3) time (1, 2, 3) and max age of the request, so we could experiment with this on our own devices.

I've modified these settings in some of the OS files for GPS calls and it seems to help in some situations. It seems to me that WebOS treats these GPS requests differently, based on your settings, but I haven't found a 100% repeatable pattern.
  15. pbk
    My wife and I both have a Pre from Sprint and when we go on a hike together both of us get different distance readings from Smartrunner, anyone have an explanation or solution to this problem?
    Version 1.1 is supposed to show pace and altitude on the main screen and it isn't there...

had the synchronization issue initially with 1.1 (paid) but eventually appeared to get past it.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I have been having this "network error" whenever i upload the tracks... I have 1.1 premium version

its been like this for 2 days, i have tried uploading via wifi or 3G but still...

anyway, on a side note... for verizon users, I have to launch VZ navigator for the gps to lock. I used to have luck with the GPS fix app. But at least now it ALWAYS locks...
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    ran into the network issue yesterday as well. Do you see pace on the main screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    ran into the network issue yesterday as well. Do you see pace on the main screen?
    everything seems to be working fine except for the network error.
    so pace shows up for you?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast