Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @Smartrunner: when will it be in official App-catalog ?

Manni
  2.    #22  
    @Manni:
    I have to build in some more changes, it will take max 1-2 days and then 2-3 days for the app to be approved for official catalog.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbresch View Post
    Try to use the WebOS Quick Installer as described in Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install. That works fine for me.

Greetings
    Marco
    ah thanks, didnt think of that. Ive been having problems with quick install, turned out to be my phone at fault, ive had it exchanged and ive just installed the app.

@ smartrunner : Ill be trying it out over the next few days and ill leave feedback. thanks for the update
  4.    #24  
    @diggedy:

Thanks for testing help. It would be interesting to know how much time it takes for your device to pick up good gps signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartRunner View Post
    johnj2803 :
    yeah, it's the problem of gps accuracy, i've implemented in palm version gps optimizing methods, so that it must be better now with track saving. I've updated the app in homebrew catalog, so please try it and give short feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbresch View Post
    Try to use the WebOS Quick Installer as described in Getting Started: Homebrew Apps, Patches, and Themes with WebOS Quick Install. That works fine for me.

Greetings
    Marco
    i will have to wait for it to hit the official app catalogue. hopefully it will solve the gps issue
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I finally went and uploaded my 2 tracks. Wow, that is some really cool stuff! I thought the app itself was really good, but going to the website with tracks uploaded makes this pretty damn great. Excellent work!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    anyone having trouble upgrading to 1.0.3?
  8.    #28  
    @stephentr,

what kind of trouble do you have?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I hit updates and then it says there is a update available but when the update card pops up there is no update available. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it but I'm still at 1.0.1.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I've been using the app for a couple of weeks now, and I like it and also really like the web integration. However, I've found that the altitude readings are completely inaccurate. As an example, if I run my usual 4 mile route which is 2 miles in 1 direction, and then 2 miles back on the same path - the altitude readings for the same location (on the way out vs. way back in) are completely different. Eg: the starting point (my house) shows 945 feet when I start, and 823 when I finish.

Based on the nice altitude graph on the smartrunner website, it almost looks like the altitude readings are lagging behind the actual geography. I'm not running that fast (5.5 mph average), but I get the feeling that if I walked really slow, the altitude readings might be right on.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it the fault of the GPS (or GPS API) in webos? Is it possible to have the app return faster altitude readings? Thanks for any ideas.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I've been comparing this app with JogStats and it too suffers from the same problem.

EDIT: I should note that the route accuracy is very good, it's just the altitude that's the problem.
    Last edited by Minsc; 04/15/2010 at 09:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Ive tested this on two 7 mile cycle runs so far, the first one stopped recording after 4 miles, perhaps this is the phone at fault as this was the first test using my new handset, so it was the first time it had obtained a gps fix.

The second run was good, the altitudes seem to differ by +/-20ft but the distance and route were accurate. Ill be doing the same runs over the next few days so ill feedback on them too.

As for the time it takes for my device to get a fix, its usually within the first 20 seconds.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    same route today and it stopped recording after 2.5 miles, no clouds and i was in open space. 80 percent of the time it seems to stop around 2.5 miles, im not sure if this is of any significance. Ive also used my partners pre and hers performs in the same manner.

ive also been using jogstats and this records correctly, one feature they have is allowing you to manually enter a minimum accepted accuracy, i found it also used to record inaccurately if this was set too low, ive set this high and its fine. Would implementing this feature be feasible?
    Last edited by diggedy; 04/17/2010 at 07:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I have actually used this app before the upgrade and I do have to admit that the gps accuracy is very good. However after the update, it fails to establish a gps signal. I decided to keep running regardless of the weak signal and it failed to pick up at all at anytime during the run. Could this be attributed to the update or might it possibly be my phone?
    I've noticed the same thing, the latest updates with the gps optimization can't hold onto a gps signal.
    i no longer can get a lock with this app!
    1.03 has some sort of intrinsic problem with the GPS. I run smartrunner side by side with other tracking apps and when it faults off on the GPS (accompanied by the default "charge" sound) the other apps lose gps as well. I rolled back to version 1.01 and no problems.
    Yeah I have the same problem. I switch back to 1.0.1 too.

Greetings
    Marco
  18.    #38  
    Yes, i must admit this was due a major bug in optimizing. It is already fixed and it will be till tommorow available for download at precentral. My apologies for such kind of inconvenience, and thank you all for your feedbacks.
    Everytime i hit upgrade in preware, a webbrowser popped up on http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/smartrunner .
    I removed smartrunner and when i want to install now, same happens: I can't install SR atm.

regards
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahatma Ganja View Post
    Everytime i hit upgrade in preware, a webbrowser popped up on http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/smartrunner .
    I removed smartrunner and when i want to install now, same happens: I can't install SR atm.

regards
    I think you need to use WebOS Quick Install to install/update it.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast