Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Since there where a lot of request I created an application called preGym. It's kept as simple as possiple.

Usage:
    Set how long you want to train without a break. Set how long you want to rest between the workout and set how often you want to repeat these Steps.

Then a new Scene will popup which whistles each time you have to change between training and break. That's it!

Some Screenshots:

Landscape Mode:

Download via Preware & Co!
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...rkout-your-pre
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JuJulian1987; 03/09/2010 at 02:25 PM.
    jmelex likes this.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    You're awesome! I downloaded the app via preware, but now when I launch the app it just flashes and never loads... Umm, what do you think?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamodem View Post
    You're awesome! I downloaded the app via preware, but now when I launch the app it just flashes and never loads... Umm, what do you think?
    Haven't had the time to test the preware feed since latley it doesn't work that good (updating). Will test today. But there will be also a new version coming in a few hours. With vibration support and some other cool features .

Perhaps that will solve your issue! Will post when I have tested the Preware package.
  4.    #4  
    Have the same problem. Keeps flashing all the time. Will update as soon as possible. Perhaps the ipk is broken. Sorry for that. Dunno why this happens. Installing the ipk I uploaded via WOQI works with no problems...
  5.    #5  
    Okay updated the app. Should be solved now. Can anybody confirm this?

Sorry for that. Was my bad!
    Preware feed takes a while to update. You have a direct link I can hit with filecoaster?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Preware feed takes a while to update. You have a direct link I can hit with filecoaster?
    Yep. You can always use precentral as download source: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...rkout-your-pre

Direct Download:
    http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec..._1.1.0_all.ipk

Thanks for testing!
    I installed it via WOQI and it works Ok, but I don't see any sound options...

It will vibrate when it is time to rest or start the next circuit but no sounds and my preferences is greyed out in the menu so I am not able to edit anything.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaXVI View Post
    I installed it via WOQI and it works Ok, but I don't see any sound options...

It will vibrate when it is time to rest or start the next circuit but no sounds and my preferences is greyed out in the menu so I am not able to edit anything.
    Well sound should work as long you don't mute your pre. Options page is not yet implemented. Will come tomorrow I guess.

Also a start and finish sound will come!

Thanks for testing!
    Pre is not muted and I can access the options page now (though it does say feature not implemented whenever I toggle sound or vibrate on or off)

No sound though just a single vibration when it is time to switch.

I assumed sound was implemented now, am I mistaken?
  11.    #11  
    Pre is not muted and I can access the options page now (though it does say feature not implemented whenever I toggle sound or vibrate on or off)

No sound though just a single vibration when it is time to switch.
    That's crazy... I just did the following:

1. Removed the app
    2. downloaded ipk from precentral
    3. installed via WOQI

Sound works even muted. So yeah sound is implemented but you are at the moment not able to turn it off.

What Device do you use? What WebOS Version?

I would thank you very much if you can reinstall the app and test again. Can anybody else confirm that sound is working / not working?
    Last edited by JuJulian1987; 03/09/2010 at 04:17 PM.
    I will reinstall when I get back up to the computer.

Palm Pre 1.4 on Sprint

reinstalled just now via WOQI, works as advertised, whistles AND vibrates on timer completion.

Thanks.
    Last edited by MontanaXVI; 03/09/2010 at 06:02 PM.
    Sound worked fine for me. So far the app is definitely a step above the speedy marks app. That app only makes sounds (a reeeeally quiet one) when going from rest to active but not vice versa. Doesn't really work for me without staring at the phone.

This sound is still a little quiet (I will use it in practice in the am) but since you will be updating it eventually to use custom sounds I am not worried. Also, I really like the design of your app, nice big numbers and very clean.

The only thing missing for my use is the warm up and cool down periods. I do one minute on/one minute off but 3 minutes each for warm up and cool down. So I have to have two apps open, this and another 3 minute timer.

I already suggested these updates to Speedy Marks, so for my money (literally) whoever gets this functionality wins my business. That being said, I will likely use your app for the time being as it does work without looking at it (just need to have the music low so I can hear it).

Anyway, great start and thank you. If you need anyone to test it let me know. Good luck!
    LOL, just noticed you also did prestop, that's the app I will use for my 3 minute timer. Now isn't that something!

Nice app there, thanks!
    LOL, just noticed you also did prestop, that's the app I will use for my 3 minute timer. Now isn't that something!

Nice app there, thanks!
    this looks good im gonna install and try it tonight @ work will report back
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Downloaded direct link and installed via WOQI. Works as described, thanks.
    Would it be possible to make the last sound-off distinctly different (ie three whistle blows) from the other sounds between intervals?
    Can't wait for the preferences, so that the sounds and vibes can be customized.

--Great work!
    I've been waiting for an interval timer!!! I noticed that if I'm playing music on my Pre while the timer is on, the song will pause at the whistle but won't continue playing after the whistle. Is their a way to prevent this and keep the music playing?
    It would also be nice if the timer would show in the notification bar when the screen locks and mybe light up occasionally as it's counting down.

Giving this a try tomorrow night during a CrossFit workout. I'll report back...
  19.    #19  
    reinstalled just now via WOQI, works as advertised, whistles AND vibrates on timer completion.
    Thanks god. Your problem was a pain in my head since it should go as a paid app at the end of march. But don't worry. Will keep it free for precentral users. You guys really help like real coworkers!

Quote Originally Posted by InyquistJack
    The only thing missing for my use is the warm up and cool down periods. I do one minute on/one minute off but 3 minutes each for warm up and cool down. So I have to have two apps open, this and another 3 minute timer.
    Won't be a big problem. Will place this in the Options Page. New Tab "Warmup/Cooldown" . Just that i got you right: You need 3 minutes to warmup then train and then a 3 minutes cooldown?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamodem
    Would it be possible to make the last sound-off distinctly different (ie three whistle blows) from the other sounds between intervals?
    Yes I will implement two new sounds for start and end of training. Also at the end to vibrate 3 times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by bebovalles
    I noticed that if I'm playing music on my Pre while the timer is on, the song will pause at the whistle but won't continue playing after the whistle. Is their a way to prevent this and keep the music playing?
    Interesting. That is not good. Yeah I guess I can get the current played song and resume as soon as the whistle stops. Hell a lot of work...

Quote Originally Posted by InyquistJack

Nice app there, thanks!
    Made my Day !
    Last edited by JuJulian1987; 03/10/2010 at 05:02 AM.
    Doh, slept in today. I'll give the app a solid testing tonight for sure.
    Just that i got you right: You need 3 minutes to warmup then train and then a 3 minutes cooldown?
    is 100% right.

I also noticed the music issue. I have never put a sound in an app before, but I was reading the 1.4 API guide and it looks like maybe your sound is defined as a media audio class. If its defined as defaultapp it doesn't look like it should pause other music. But I can't say for sure since I haven't tested it myself.

Audio – Palm Developer Center

Good luck!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast