Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    1.5.0 didn't fix the problem for me either. When I get some down time, I will try to doctor the phone, put just IntervalGym on and see what happens.
    U don't need to doctor your phone. I havn't tested interval gym latley in combination with music player. Now I tried it on various phones and you are absolutly right. Sound of music player app randomly stops.
    WebOS Sound mangement is one of the worst I have seen so far. In combination with pulse Audio it even gets worse. There are a lot of development treads going on at the moment but none really solves this issue. Did I got u right? U are running on WebOS 1.4.x? Cause I havn't tested this versions for a long time...

Do you still encounter errors when no music is playing in the background. Thanks for all you patience!
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JuJulian1987 View Post
    U don't need to doctor your phone. I havn't tested interval gym latley in combination with music player. Now I tried it on various phones and you are absolutly right. Sound of music player app randomly stops.
    WebOS Sound mangement is one of the worst I have seen so far. In combination with pulse Audio it even gets worse. There are a lot of development treads going on at the moment but none really solves this issue. Did I got u right? U are running on WebOS 1.4.x? Cause I havn't tested this versions for a long time...

Do you still encounter errors when no music is playing in the background. Thanks for all you patience!
    I was running webOS 2.1.0 when I was having those issues. I have gotten an iPhone 4s now, so what I did was downgrade the Pre to webOS 1.4.5 and I've still had some issues there too, though not near as bad. I have not tried doing it without music, I'll try that shortly. Would you like me to try it on webOS 2.1.0 or 1.4.5? I have no problem doctoring the Pre to either version. My other Pre is running webOS 1.4.5 as well, but it is running intervalGym 1.4.1, and that combination has been working fine. You wouldn't happen to have the IPK for that version anywhere by chance?
  3.    #63  
    I was running webOS 2.1.0 when I was having those issues. I have gotten an iPhone 4s now, so what I did was downgrade the Pre to webOS 1.4.5 and I've still had some issues there too, though not near as bad. I have not tried doing it without music, I'll try that shortly. Would you like me to try it on webOS 2.1.0 or 1.4.5? I have no problem doctoring the Pre to either version. My other Pre is running webOS 1.4.5 as well, but it is running intervalGym 1.4.1, and that combination has been working fine. You wouldn't happen to have the IPK for that version anywhere by chance?
    Well, thanks for all your hard work. I guess you are testing this with a Pre Minus/Plus? It should run smooth without music on any WebOS platform. But I must admit I havn't tested this with WebOS 1.4.5. So only in theory .

I would love to give you 1.4.1 but I have no versioning tool running for this app. But I think you are refering to the Version where the sounds are played as system notification. I can implemented it again in a further update. Or try to get the normal HTML sound structure to do what I want. You could also try gymBoss with iPhone 4s. That should be better then my little app .
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Well, thanks for all your hard work. I guess you are testing this with a Pre Minus/Plus? It should run smooth without music on any WebOS platform. But I must admit I havn't tested this with WebOS 1.4.5. So only in theory .

I would love to give you 1.4.1 but I have no versioning tool running for this app. But I think you are refering to the Version where the sounds are played as system notification. I can implemented it again in a further update. Or try to get the normal HTML sound structure to do what I want. You could also try gymBoss with iPhone 4s. That should be better then my little app .
    Yes, the Pre with intervalGym 1.4.1 is a Pre Minus with webOS 1.4.5, and the Pre Plus had both webOS 1.4.5 & 2.1.0 running intervalGym 1.5.0. I will let you know how the tests go. I guess I will trade Pres with my toddler, since he doesn't use intervalGym lol. Oh and in intervalGym 1.4.1, you are right, it does have the "sound as notification" feature, but I'm not using it.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    You could also try gymBoss with iPhone 4s. That should be better then my little app .
    Well, apparently gymBoss did not like the iOS5 update. What I liked about your app was the Advanced Tabata timer, where I could repeat the entire Tabata with a configurable rest period in between. One of the people I work out with has a Tabata timer on their iPhone, but we then have to look at the wall clock in between Tabatas. With your app, we just set it and go. I think I may have found a couple, just have to see what the developers say about this certain aspect. It also appears that you are one of the few timers that lets people configure their own sounds. I will miss that too.
    Is there a difference between preGym (Preware) and IntervalGym (app cat)? I'm looking for an app like this for running intervals, but that can keep music playing at the same time.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Is there a difference between preGym (Preware) and IntervalGym (app cat)? I'm looking for an app like this for running intervals, but that can keep music playing at the same time.
    preGym became intervalGym. He couldn't submit preGym as the app name so he changed it. I'm also pretty certain preGym hasn't been updated in ages, which makes me wonder if it might solve my issue...
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I think I'm on to something. I'm back on webOS 2.1.0 with intervalGym 1.5.0. If I play no music, and use the built-in sounds, it runs all the way through with little to no sound skipping. If I'm using custom sounds, the missed signals start, even with no music playing. I did try preGym 1.2.0 and it works with or without music. It of course doesn't have any alternate sound or advanced tabata options...
    preGym became intervalGym. He couldn't submit preGym as the app name so he changed it. I'm also pretty certain preGym hasn't been updated in ages, which makes me wonder if it might solve my issue...
    Thanks! I bought intervalGym (looked a lot more recently updated than preGym) and took it for a 13km run the other day. Had my Pre 3 playing music while intervalGym barked out intervals. Worked pretty well, though I need different sounds for start/stop as I missed one of them and got out of sequence.

I didn't notice any skipping, but I haven't tried custom sounds yet either.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I suppose my issues could be related to my old Pre Plus. I wonder if anyone has a Pre 2 with intervalGym on it. I might get one as I haven't found a suitable iOS app to replace this one, and I'd still like to mess with webOS occasionally. Not sure I could afford a Pre 3...
    the preware version of preGym 1.2.0 works great on a FrankenPre2 running 2.2.4. Thanks!
  12.    #72  
    Glad to hear! Just wanted to let you know that I worked out a way that works pretty well in intervalGym 2. Which will be coming out soon!
    It won't break your music during intervals but it is based on enyo. So older devices might not be supported yet. But we have every dev device at office so we can test this for sure. Also it might be possible to port this function to intervalGym. I will work on this!

Also intervalGym2 will come for android and if it works out well even for the iPhone ...
    sounds good, and I always like to support the developers, so I'll buy it for WebOS when its done and on Android too.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234