Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanpierreparent View Post
    hi there - love the app thanks so much! I was wondering if there can be any other sound options than a whistle? i use the app for lots of things, including yoga, meditation, etc, and would love to be able to choose an mp3 notification like in other apps, or at least be able to choose between a whistle and, perhaps, a chime? (I don't want to be greedy and ask for a gong, but...) thanks again
    I don't know yet if this will be a Paid Version only feature. Right now I'm working on a Version where users will be able to select custom sounds. Don't worry will come for sure. Today will update preStop. Perhaps I will release a new version of preGym. Was able to get some speed out of this java script and background color support is in the making .

Quote Originally Posted by cparsons1 View Post
    I just downloaded this and after a little learning curve (user error) this works great - and all of my "want" list has been addressed by others.
    Could you please tell me what problems you had? Even if they were "your fault". I wanna make this app as user friendly as possible.

Thanks for the great comments and feedback!
    Used WOQI says installed successfully but app doesn't shown up in phone. Any ideas?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by precation View Post
    Used WOQI says installed successfully but app doesn't shown up in phone. Any ideas?
    Yes. This sometimes happens to me also. Don't know what this is. Try Preware instead. Does this work? Also check if preGym appares to be installed. Then remove with the standart method, with preware or with WOQI.

Good Luck!
  4.    #44  
    preGym is now in the App Catalog. Now called intervalGym because I wasnt allowed to use a palm's device name in my app. The app catalog version will be able to use custom sounds in the near future and is already able to set different sounds for each event ! Thanks for all the good testers. I will upload a final preGym Version for precentral soon!

A yes intervalGym is worth one dollar for me. So I hope for you too! Thanks again!
    Yesterday, I was testing preGym for the first time and my media volume was in 80%. I think the phone was abou 7 inches away from my face, when I hit the "Start Training" icon and the shrieking whistle triggered. That whistle sound is dangerously loud. I think it did some damage to my right ear. Today it feels like there's a trapped water bubble in my right ear (like after swimming). Hopefully it's only temporary.

I'm thankful you kept the preware version free and appreciate the time you put in this app as it will come in handy when training, but I wish you add a warning to the description like WARNING!: the sounds are extremely loud and dangerous for people with sensitive hearing. Highly recommend to put the media volume to one bar when first using/testing.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by tempbast View Post
    Yesterday, I was testing preGym for the first time and my media volume was in 80%. I think the phone was abou 7 inches away from my face, when I hit the "Start Training" icon and the shrieking whistle triggered. That whistle sound is dangerously loud. I think it did some damage to my right ear. Today it feels like there's a trapped water bubble in my right ear (like after swimming). Hopefully it's only temporary.

I'm thankful you kept the preware version free and appreciate the time you put in this app as it will come in handy when training, but I wish you add a warning to the description like WARNING!: the sounds are extremely loud and dangerous for people with sensitive hearing. Highly recommend to put the media volume to one bar when first using/testing.
    I was already thinking about this warning. Problem here is that almost every application should warn to not put the volume to the maximum level. For example Mech Invasion 2 almost blew my ear.
    Bad boy here in my opinion is Palm. Still doesn't allow dev's to set it's own application volume level for the start of the application. And I don't know why. Option is aviable in SDK but doesn't show any functionality.

I'm very sorry and hope that you get well soon! Sounds like you got an inflammation of the middle ear. Perhaps you should consult a doctor. I think about updating the application using different sounds as default value.
    I just recently found preGym--and its fantastic! Ive been using countdown timer by e=c and its been woefully inadequate!
    I also really appreciate the lack of a 'pause' button-really helps keep me on track! I agree about the sound though. A bit obnoxious at times.
    I just tried to look for intervalgym in preware,appscoop & app catalog, to no avail. Hope this is fixed soon, very curious to see what the update looks like!
    I wish I would have typed 'gym' into Ac earlier, there are so many Interestin apps!
    thanks and keep up the thoughtful work!
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaking View Post
    I just recently found preGym--and its fantastic! Ive been using countdown timer by e=c and its been woefully inadequate!
    I also really appreciate the lack of a 'pause' button-really helps keep me on track! I agree about the sound though. A bit obnoxious at times.
    I just tried to look for intervalgym in preware,appscoop & app catalog, to no avail. Hope this is fixed soon, very curious to see what the update looks like!
    I wish I would have typed 'gym' into Ac earlier, there are so many Interestin apps!
    thanks and keep up the thoughtful work!
    HI. Oh I'm sorry for the cunfusion.

preGym is the latest free Version. intervalGym is only avaible through App Catalog and costs 1.99 $. Please write intervalGym exactly as possible (with a big G). Otherwise you might search for "LIEBL". There you will find intervalGym too.

There you get a hell of new features .

Regards,
    Julian Liebl
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    anyone have really good customized sounds for intervalGym that they would like to share? The default whistle brings back painful memories of track. Something a bit more soothing? :-)
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Using this app every single day but now it's starting to stuff up a bit - when I start the timer, sometimes the whistle doesn't go off. Other times, it will, but then the countdown will stop without warning (i.e. 20 seconds in) which leads me to do whatever I'm doing for far too long.

I'm using PreGym as I can't buy IntervalGym due to being in Australia, on a Pre minus with 2.1. I thought it might have something to do with compcache but I'm not so sure anymore.

Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks for making an awesome, super useful app by the way, though I second others' comments on being able to change the whistle noise.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sm07 View Post
    Using this app every single day but now it's starting to stuff up a bit - when I start the timer, sometimes the whistle doesn't go off. Other times, it will, but then the countdown will stop without warning (i.e. 20 seconds in) which leads me to do whatever I'm doing for far too long.

I'm using PreGym as I can't buy IntervalGym due to being in Australia, on a Pre minus with 2.1. I thought it might have something to do with compcache but I'm not so sure anymore.

Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks for making an awesome, super useful app by the way, though I second others' comments on being able to change the whistle noise.
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but this is happening to me as well. I think it's an issue with PreGym/IntervalGym and webOS 2.1.0 as I had no problems with IntervalGym and webOS 1.4.5. I rarely ever get the first starting sound, and if I do, it starts real late. Sometimes I don't get any sounds. The strangest thing is that if I'm using a music player (either Music Player Remix 2.0 or the default Music Player) when I start IntervalGym, the music player will skip to the next song in the middle of the first song and just stay paused. If I use the "Audio as Notification" option, it somewhat works, but it's also does strange stuff, such as play the actual notification sound rather than the assigned sound, and I believe I had the same skip/pause issue as well. I did submit a bug report, so hopefully the dev will see it or this post and possibly be able to work on it or make a recommendation.
    didnt notice the app til the bump thanks for it
  13.    #53  
    Developer of IntervalGym here. When I try to train I also get these problems on the pre 2. This seems to be some problem with WebOS 2.1.0. We are about to push a new version with a fix. Still testing takes some time as there are many different modes in interval gym. Sorry for these problems!

Also IntervalGym2 is on the way as a pdk app running much smoother this way. We are also thinking about free updates from intervalgym 1 to 2.

Best Regards,
    Julian Liebl
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JuJulian1987 View Post
    Developer of IntervalGym here. When I try to train I also get these problems on the pre 2. This seems to be some problem with WebOS 2.1.0. We are about to push a new version with a fix. Still testing takes some time as there are many different modes in interval gym. Sorry for these problems!

Also IntervalGym2 is on the way as a pdk app running much smoother this way. We are also thinking about free updates from intervalgym 1 to 2.

Best Regards,
    Julian Liebl
    So I assume in wake of recent news that IntervalGym2 is probably going to be shelved...would you by chance still be working on the fix to the original IntervalGym so it's at least functional on webOS 2.1.0?
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    So I assume in wake of recent news that IntervalGym2 is probably going to be shelved...would you by chance still be working on the fix to the original IntervalGym so it's at least functional on webOS 2.1.0?
    Recent news are shocking but IntervalGym2 won't not be shelved. IntervalGym 2 will based on haxe witch has one codebase for android, ios and webos. So I and you don't need to worry about updates . Still we are thinking about fixing intervalGym for webos 2.1.0 if a quick fix is possible.

Regards,
    Julian
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JuJulian1987 View Post
    Recent news are shocking but IntervalGym2 won't not be shelved. IntervalGym 2 will based on haxe witch has one codebase for android, ios and webos. So I and you don't need to worry about updates . Still we are thinking about fixing intervalGym for webos 2.1.0 if a quick fix is possible.

Regards,
    Julian
    Cool, since if the report of the iPhone 5 coming to Sprint is true, I may give iOS a try. I'll look for your app there!
  17.    #57  
    IntervalGym 1 was updated in order to work with WebOS 2.x. I would love to get some feedback if this fixes the sound issues for you guys. It should be in AppCatalog in the next 3-5 days. Also the app should now be aviable in Australia and New Zealand.

Thank you very much!
    With best regards,
    Julian
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Ok, I've run a couple tests and it has gotten a little better, but I am still having issues. Here's my current setup:

• I upgraded from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2
    • I had a profile already saved
    • Round time 20 sec, Wait time 10 sec, 8 rounds
    • Vibration off, Screen always on, Scrollbar off
    • Audio is enabled, Audio as notification off
    • 3 min warmup, no cooldown
    • Advanced Tabata Mode: 6 Tabatas, Rest time 1 min
    • I have custom sounds for Training, Finish and Advanced Tabata
    • Using Music Player Remix 2.0 as my music player

I start the music first, then start the workout. The 3 minute warmup goes with no issues. First few training and wait notifications work fine. Then the notifications stop firing for a few rounds. Then the music will pause. Unlike before, the notifications will start back up, and if I unpause the music player, it will play again. This sequence will continue to happen through the workout. What I will try doing next is uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that makes any difference. Thanks again for working on this! I hope to not have to carry two phones soon
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    An update and a little more detail. I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled. I set up the same profile as I had above. I also tried the regular Music Player. What I noticed this time is that when the music player gets paused, it also skips to the next song. To get it to play again, I have to skip a song or two (either forward or reverse) and then press play. When the music starts playing again is usually when the notificatons start firing again. Shortly there after, the notifications stop followed by the music pause and skip. Let me know if there is anything you want me to try.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    1.5.0 didn't fix the problem for me either. When I get some down time, I will try to doctor the phone, put just IntervalGym on and see what happens.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast