Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Fantastic app!!!!
    I use gymboss and this app is basically the same.
    As far as a basic interval trainer, it's great
    When all the upgrades are in place, then it will be awesome
    Thanks
    The warm-up feature would be a huge plus for me. I would also like to have the option to set a warning sound when my exercise time is about to end during each interval. Right now I am using the Boxing Timer app for my jump rope training using my iTouch and have it setup similar to a boxing workout. So basically when I hit start, I have about 15 seconds (user-defined) to get in position, then workout for 3 min, hear a warning sound when 15 seconds remain, and then another sound to end the round and rest for 1 min. If you can add that, it would be great. It really helps when your exercising gets intense and just knowing an interval is almost over can give you incentive to not give up.

Also, the pause/play feature with music is another feature I would like as well. It would be cool to also keep the display 'ON' during an entire workout instead of of going into screen lock mode. Maybe you can write code to over-write that feature when this app is in use.

Anyway, my two cents. Anxiously waiting the finished product.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by djcheez1 View Post
    The warm-up feature would be a huge plus for me. I would also like to have the option to set a warning sound when my exercise time is about to end during each interval. Right now I am using the Boxing Timer app for my jump rope training using my iTouch and have it setup similar to a boxing workout. So basically when I hit start, I have about 15 seconds (user-defined) to get in position, then workout for 3 min, hear a warning sound when 15 seconds remain, and then another sound to end the round and rest for 1 min. If you can add that, it would be great. It really helps when your exercising gets intense and just knowing an interval is almost over can give you incentive to not give up.

Also, the pause/play feature with music is another feature I would like as well. It would be cool to also keep the display 'ON' during an entire workout instead of of going into screen lock mode. Maybe you can write code to over-write that feature when this app is in use.

Anyway, my two cents. Anxiously waiting the finished product.
    Great feedback. Thank you!

Yes I thought about a sound when training is almost over. Just have a problem with coding if somebody sets the time below 10 seconds for each round. But perhaps userdefined is the best way to keep this app as flexible as possible.

Keeping the display alive is already implemented and comes with the next update togehter with a bunch of new sounds .
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    love that this is available now. It'll be great for some tabata's. It's also good to see another crossfitter on the boards.
  5.    #25  
    New Version is out! Here is what I changed:

- screen won't dim while training (Can be adjusted)
    - whistle now much louder
    - finish sound was added
    - option page now functionale

*bug fix* vibration without an end now fixed
    *bug fix* options page not aviable the first start should be fixed.

---

Sorry that it took so long but I had a lot of problems with the new Documentation of WebOS 1.4. I wasn't able to fix the sound issue (stopping music app). I don't know why this happens.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I installed the latest version and the only thing that was changed was the option to keep screen on. No distinct sound at finish and sound is lower than that of v1.1.0

--Correction. After restart I now get distinct sound (2 whistle blows) at finish. O_o
    Last edited by Adamodem; 03/11/2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Correction
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamodem View Post
    I installed the latest version and the only thing that was changed was the option to keep screen on. No distinct sound at finish and sound is lower than that of v1.1.0

--Correction. After restart I now get distinct sound (2 whistle blows) at finish. O_o
    I'm confused sorry. Yesterday everything worked fine. This Audio is making me crazy. I'm flying to helsinki this evening to celebrate some birthday. Will be back in two days and countinue developing.

---

*New Version*

Update: Okay audio should be fixed. The problem was that if a cookie doesn't load the audio object wasn't loaded also. Made some code changes should work now. A fast feedback would be cool. Have 7 hours left till I take off. I want to make sure everything is fine before I leave.
    Last edited by JuJulian1987; 03/12/2010 at 06:59 AM.
    App works great with 1 exception.
    When the alerts go off to let u
    know to change intervals it
    pauses your music and doesn't
    allow the music to resume.

I was using music remix and
    bluetooth headphones while
    this 'problem' was ocurring.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    App works great with 1 exception.
    When the alerts go off to let u
    know to change intervals it
    pauses your music and doesn't
    allow the music to resume.

I was using music remix and
    bluetooth headphones while
    this 'problem' was ocurring.
    I already wrote a PM to you. But again for everybody, palm says this:

webOS assumes the defaultapp audio class unless you specify otherwise, so in practice you generally only need to set the audio class for objects that should be classified as media.
    The Media class has these futures:

An Audio or Video object whose audio class is set to media behaves as follows:

* An object that is playing will automatically pause when a phone call begins or when another object of the media class begins playing (generally within another app).
    * An Audio object that has been paused for a phone call will automatically resume playing when the call ends, but a Video object will not.
    * Neither an Audio nor a Video object will automatically resume after being paused to accommodate the playback of another piece of media.
    I already posted a thread in the Palm Dev forums but no reply yet. Will have to wait until then . I will also make a thread at precentral. Perhaps somebody is able to help here.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

PreGym a little glitchy although it gets the job done.
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I've been requesting for someone to create such an app. This is extremely helpful to me as I will be using it for my bag work and mat drills.

If you could update, I would recommend timer beeping sounds with a longer beeps. Also, just for kicks, allow to change the title of the training. Gymnastics seems a little prissy, lol for an MMA student

Thanks again!
  12.    #32  
    New Version is out:

Now you are able to set Warmup and Cooldown time. As a plus listening to music while train is now possible.

Thanks! --> YouTube - PreGymVsGymBoss

@redgrappler:
    The next Version will have preGym as title.
    Dude...ROCK ON!!!! I am very impressed. It works great now. I am finally over my cold and will be trying this out tonight. I think this app will actually help motivate me!

I tested the audio and it worked great. The only problem I saw was the settings seemed to have a hard time saving. It seems like I may need to swipe back per pref tab, in otherwords if I change multiple tabs on the last tab seems to stick. Then I needed to save the audio settings, then close the app and reopen before using it or else it wouldn't save. Makes sense since you are probably declaring the audio object when the app loads. Maybe just put a notice when that is changed that the app needs restarted. Unless you can kill that object and reload it.

I have only 2 more minor suggestions:
    1) Have one sound for starting the training and another for starting the rest. I just think it would feel a little more natural.
    2) Have the screen or at least the header change colors. Green for Training and Red for rest. Also, not a big deal but I think it would make it feel more complete.

Again, terrific work.

PS Hope your trip went well!
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    The only problem I saw was the settings seemed to have a hard time saving. It seems like I may need to swipe back per pref tab, in otherwords if I change multiple tabs on the last tab seems to stick. Then I needed to save the audio settings, then close the app and reopen before using it or else it wouldn't save. Makes sense since you are probably declaring the audio object when the app loads. Maybe just put a notice when that is changed that the app needs restarted. Unless you can kill that object and reload it.
    No, you should be able to change the options without restart. Even the audio. Can you test this again? What do you mean by stick? Did the app freeze?

I have only 2 more minor suggestions:
    1) Have one sound for starting the training and another for starting the rest. I just think it would feel a little more natural.
    2) Have the screen or at least the header change colors. Green for Training and Red for rest. Also, not a big deal but I think it would make it feel more complete.
    1) In the next weeks I will try to complete the Audio settings (including custom sounds and repeating of sounds). I'm myself not yet comfortable with these sounds. Will work on that. Promise!

2) Agreed! I was thinking about the hole background in different colors. Would be nice when you are training with the touchstone. Will come with the next version!

PS Hope your trip went well!
    Yeah was a perfect weekend ! Thanks for your ultra fast and very good feedback!
    Something is amiss on mine. I just went back into the preferences screen and all the preferences were wiped except for the warmup settings. I had vibration turned on and audio as notification turned on.

I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling since I upgraded from the first version to this.
    Something is amiss on mine. I just went back into the preferences screen and all the preferences were wiped except for the warmup settings. I had vibration turned on and audio as notification turned on.

I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling since I upgraded from the first version to this.
    Ok, I have a pretty good idea what is going on. It looks like you are overwriting your preference cookie instead of appending or something. I put my detailed steps below. Here is the simple way to reproduce:

1) Open prefs
    2) Change both vibrate and notify
    3) Swipe Out
    4) Go back into prefs, only the LAST one changed will still be set.

Also, it seems vibrate always goes off regardless of setting.

Good luck!!!
    (this was more or less a log of what I did to try and figure out the problem, probably don't need to follow all of it).
    1. Removed App
    2. Installed App
    3. Launched app
    4. Preferences
    4a. Vibrate = yes
    4b. audio as notification = yes
    5. Hit start while pandora playing
    5b. Pandora Stopped, but vibrate worked

6. Back into preferences
    6a. vibrate = yes
    6b. audio as notifcation = no
    6c. turn audio as notification back on
    6d. swipe oout

7. check out prefs again
    7b. vibrate now OFF
    7c. Audio notify = yes
    8. start training - pandora keeps playing this time
    9. App still vibrates during audio.

10. Back into prefs,vibrate still says off and notify says on

11. close and reopen
    12. Notify still YES

13. Turn on vibrate
    14. Pandora stops now
  17.    #37  
    Oh my...

Sorry for the confusion. Thought the small note under notify would be enough.

When you switch to Audio Notify, preGym will handle sounds as a system notification. You can set the behaviour of notifications in your system settings (Audio & Ringtones). So if you set vibrate off in your system settings preGym won't vibrate anymore. Problem now is, if you set vibration on and audio notify in preGym (which isn't possible because I blocked this) and have your vibration enabled in your system settings the pre will vibrate twice. That's why I disabled the possiblity. So if you have vibration enabled you won't be able to use Audio Notify and the same way in the other direction.

General:
    Vibration -> Doesn't depend on the device settings.

Audio:
    Audio Notify
    -> If on: Depends on your device settings if vibration or sound is enabled.
    -> If off: Will make sound no metter what the device says. Works even muted. Can't adjust the volume.

I will include a Dialog which informs you about that metter in the next version.
    Ok, that makes perfect sense now.

I used it for the first time last night and it worked perfectly. My wife and I both did intervals and the app did exactly what we needed. We don't have to look at the screen if we don't want to and its plenty loud enough to hear.

I'll continue testing your updates and provide you feedback. Other than the minor things we already talked about, this app is pretty much perfect.

Thanks!
    hi there - love the app thanks so much! I was wondering if there can be any other sound options than a whistle? i use the app for lots of things, including yoga, meditation, etc, and would love to be able to choose an mp3 notification like in other apps, or at least be able to choose between a whistle and, perhaps, a chime? (I don't want to be greedy and ask for a gong, but...) thanks again
    I just downloaded this and after a little learning curve (user error) this works great - and all of my "want" list has been addressed by others.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast