1.    #1  
    Okay this may be a stupid question but im a total noob programer and needs some help. I am trying to build an app that will never go in the official catalog. Its totaly for hobbiests. It turns scaling for the cpu on and off. If i was rooted in Linux terminal i would write this to the operating system:

echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    echo 600000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    echo 500000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo 20 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold
    echo 1000000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate
    echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/powersave_bias

Currently i have the app's GUI built (just a background and some buttons), but when i put the code above into the button tap the app load blank white. If i take that code out it runs fine (you can see the GUI i built). Is their some home brew trick to be able to write to the Linux OS within a homebrew app?

here is the GUI so fat:

Please help!

thanks
  2.    #2  
    well i just figured out how to open .ipk files with 7-zip so i will examine some exsisting homebrew files and see if that cant help solve my problem.
    hi - you got the wrong forum for this one!

this is for software by the developer 'Hobbyist Software' !
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Unfortunately, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK ($haven$'$t$ $written$ $any$ $code$ $yet$, $but$ $have$ $been$ $reading$ $a$ $lot$), $you$ $can$'$t$ $do$ $this$ $directly$ $with$ $mojo$. $You$ $need$ $to$ $have$ $a$ $Java$ $service$ $running$ $on$ $the$ $phone$ $to$ $handle$ $accessing$ $the$ $system$ $files$ $for$ $you$.

A general service to do this for any file would be nice, but there are security implications, so people writing services tend to only allow them to touch the specific thing in the OS that they need to for their app.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon View Post
    hi - you got the wrong forum for this one!

this is for software by the developer 'Hobbyist Software' !
    sorry, you can understand my confusion though given the name of your company

mods can you move this?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Unfortunately, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK ($haven$'$t$ $written$ $any$ $code$ $yet$, $but$ $have$ $been$ $reading$ $a$ $lot$), $you$ $can$'$t$ $do$ $this$ $directly$ $with$ $mojo$. $You$ $need$ $to$ $have$ $a$ $Java$ $service$ $running$ $on$ $the$ $phone$ $to$ $handle$ $accessing$ $the$ $system$ $files$ $for$ $you$.

A general service to do this for any file would be nice, but there are security implications, so people writing services tend to only allow them to touch the specific thing in the OS that they need to for their app.
    i did see some code in the old mytether application that looks like this

dhcp:function(a){this.controller.serviceRequest(this.serviceName,{method:"runCmd",parameters:{"cmd": "/bin/sh "+Mojo.Locale.resourcePath.replace("file://","")+"/tether.sh dhcp-"+(a?"on":"off")}});this.status.dhcp=a;}

looks like he is cunning from commandline with the runCMD right?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post

okay i see where he made a tether.sh file. Where do you install this, to what folder location? In the ipk it is under the resources folder.
  8.    #8  
    how do i get the ipk to install to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg
  9. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I can't help you with the development question, but I am using the exact script you are to set scaling, so I have on suggestion for the app, if possible: add a 'check settings' button that will get the current values of the listed files. In my script I have it cat them after setting, just to make sure they are set to what I want. I never thought of making an app, good on you for trying, good luck, and I will be a tester for you if you'd like.

Tom
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre