Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Peh
    Ok. Its working for me after doing the WebOS Doctor
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Greg,

Any word on when the GroupWise Messenger plugin will be fixed?

Jacob
    can we get rid of the password request when one signs into an account on the preferences & accounts page? its saved in the account, why need to retype it every time? not cool as I have quite long passwords
    its only bugging me coz yahoo doesnt like to play with the rest and wont sign in automatically with the rest when reconnecting for example. sensible yahoo wants to be the first to sign in followed by the rest. had the same problem with 1.3.5 and messaging patch 2.04 already. weird..
    i cant get logged into Facebook using the messaging plugin. I can login on the web and using the Facebook app. any help would be nice. would love to be able to chat with facebook friends as well.
    i downloaded and installed jabber and am signing onto facebook via it but instead of names i get numbers for the contacts. am i missing out on something people??
    Quote Originally Posted by nihatc View Post
    i downloaded and installed jabber and am signing onto facebook via it but instead of names i get numbers for the contacts. am i missing out on something people??
    enable avatars : false TLS : false
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    when i first tried installing the plugins with webos 1.3.5, i would always get an error with org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.2_armv7.ipk.. but once i updated to 1.4, it worked flawlessly
    thank you thank you. Icq and facebook using jabber works like a charm.
    Finally after remove all patches, doctor it, and download 1.4 (Im with bell, and we just got it today) everything seems to be working just fine.

I dont know how else I can help you guys...
    Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.
    At last, I was able to convince WOSQI to install the patch. With a lot of cp'ing jars and htmls around from a WOSD excerpt of the unmodified messaging app.

I used novaterm, by the way... Waiting for Terminal to be fixed.
    I was able to install the live.ca email as one of my accounts, however, I have no clue in how to install msn messenger on my phone, I read all the instructions and I dont get it - help would be appreciated
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    Hi all,

Not sure if this is relatad to the Messaging Plugins or not, but lately when I try to sign into Live and it does its normal spinning, it rebooting my phone.

Usually, I would just reboot manually myself.

But it seems that my Pre is rebooting when I try to take it out of sleep mode.

Rob
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    enable avatars : false TLS : false
    Works for me now using Jabber!! Thank you!!
    Hi there, i have a question: Is it possible to use the "invisible mode" at icq messenger? i did´nt find it....
    Thanks
    regards,
    sascha
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    I also get this error using quick install. Please let me know if I can help in any way.
    I kept getting that error when trying to install ipk's from ipk fetcher yesterday, and it didnt matter what ipk it was, it errored...dl ipk fetcher and download a free app, if that app doesnt work, you have to restart your pre, got get a cuppa coffee, and it should work then....
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Once i install this, how exactly will jabber incorporate facebook friends into it?
    1.Will the online friends just show up in the "buddies" tab in the messaging app?
    2. Will they it use synergy and sync to the everyone in my contacts?
    3. Can i just click on a friend in my contacts and start chatting via jabber with them if they are online?
    1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Yes
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    btw for those that can not get this to install because of the patch ipk not installing, I had to delete all the .orig and .rej files manually, as well as all the files this patch changes. and replaced it with files from the doctor (altough my phone was freshly doctored already !?!):

Code:
    <somewhere on your disk>\webOS1_4\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging\app\models\messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    &$lt$;$somewhere$ $on$ $your$ $disk$&$gt$;\$webOS1_4$\$usr$\$palm$\$applications$\$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$\$app$\$models$\$messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$

&$lt$;$somewhere$ $on$ $your$ $disk$&$gt$;\$webOS1_4$\$usr$\$palm$\$applications$\$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$\$app$\$views$\$prefsSetupAccount$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$views$/$prefsSetupAccount$

&$lt$;$somewhere$ $on$ $your$ $disk$&$gt$;\$webOS1_4$\$usr$\$palm$\$applications$\$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$\$app$\$controllers$\$prefsAccountTypeList$-$assistant$.$js$
    /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

Not sure if this is relatad to the Messaging Plugins or not, but lately when I try to sign into Live and it does its normal spinning, it rebooting my phone.

Usually, I would just reboot manually myself.

But it seems that my Pre is rebooting when I try to take it out of sleep mode.

Rob
    You know, thats interesting that you mention that. I had to get a reconditioned phone 2 days ago and doctored it to 1.4. The first thing I installed was these messaging plugins to be sure they went this time which they did. Since getting everything all set back up on this phone the way I had it on my last one, it has randomly been rebooting 2-3 times a day on me as well. It seems that most the times it has, have been right around the time I get a text message. It's not a full reboot either. It just seems to be a luna restart because it doesn't take quite as long. I'm wondering if there is something in these plugins that isn't happy and is causing our reboots. Has this happened to anyone else? My old phone never did this, but it never had these plugins installed either cause I couldn't get past the error messages...
    Well, I had the rebooting thing before, I use switcharoo, and apparently that app has a problem with incrementally filling the ram, or something like that. I thought that was why my phone was restarting all of a sudden.

I really dont know who to blame, and since it havent happened at any crucial time, I really didnt bother to investigate any further.

Ive been using this plugins since they came out.
    Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.