Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 317176777879808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    @crucialcolin, Live/MSN is extremely important. I want/need it WAY more than Facebook Chat. Please don't try and lower the priority on a plugin that you yourself don't need. There's many of us that rely on MSN at work..
    just saying if I were able to figure out how to do it myself through synergy I'd start with jabber/xmmp. Also I would make each protocol a separate plugin. I think this is they way palm intended when they opened it up to third party devs.

The problem with live/msn is its a closed proprietary protocol. Plus its apparently pretty difficult to connect to and keep working properly with third party software. Thus a lot more effort could possibly involved and will like take longer to get it working. On the other hand you have jabber that is open and supports multiple messaging services including facebook. I just don't see a good reason to hold up jabber support just to wait on geting live working. Also since google works on webOS it shouldn't be that hard to create a regular jabber plugin. Thus its a good place to start.

at any rate I still want to see both on webOS soon. Both facebook chat and live/msn are amongst one features I miss most on the TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I stepped out because no one else wanted to. The sources are public. Anyone could help. That said, it's just me at the moment

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Since i'm unemployed, i'll see what i can do to get it going on the touchpad. I have all the time in the world atm haha
    karstenskov likes this.
    does it make sense to have someone try and compile Pidgin and then Pigdin-SIPE? Granted, it may not use Synergy - but seems like a lot of folx would really appreciate it.
    does it make sense to have someone try and compile Pidgin and then Pigdin-SIPE? Granted, it may not use Synergy - but seems like a lot of folx would really appreciate it.
    The plugins are based in libpurple, so it will work. If you are able to fix the libtasn1 encryption crashes when using TLS, then we can continue working. That's the issue I've been having.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Now, after trying to get this working on my Pixi Plus WebOS 1.4.5. for several times I give it up!
    I don't know what I did wrong.

First of all: everytime I tried this I doctored my phone before. Then I activated the recovery mode (battery out, battery in, push loudness up button and connect the USB cable and release the button when USB sign appears) and use the "devicetool.jar" to bypass the activation on WebOS (due to limitation of traffic) and directly activate wifi connection.

Now I install Preware via WebOS QuickInstall 3.1.4. and the GNU patch (both tested via Preware and WOSQI).
    After this I select the 3 files in WebOS QuickInstall 3.1.4.
    - org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.6.1_armv6.ipk
    - org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.6.1_armv6.ipk
    - org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.6.1_armv6.ipk
    and install them followed by a full reboot or LUNA reboot.

In the Messaging section everything is showed well and the accounts are listed too, but I can't connect with any of them. Neither AIM nor ICQ nor Windows Live.

I tested it all:
    - install Preware - reboot
    - install GNU patch - reboot
    (I also installed org.webosinternals.ipkgservice_0.9.46_all.ipkn on some attempts. The instruction on the first site says something for IPKG patch...)
    - reboot after each single plugin (sysfiles, patch, plugin) and tried to just install icq*.ipk and live*.ipk.

The strange thing: after the doctoring the built-in AIM works perfectly. I'm logged in via Pidgin on my PC to ICQ, AIM and WLM/MSN too, so I see when my Pixi Plus connects to AIM.
    After patching the whole stuff AIM does not work anymore. I'm tired of doing the doctoring and testing the whole time.

I also tried to install Preware, GNU patch and org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.6.1_armv6.ipk with WebOS QuickInstall 4.3.1 and the other both files via 3.1.4. but it's always the same.

Is it me, my phone or the "Bypass Activation" thing? Or does the protocolls have been updated?

Any suggestions or tips to fix that? It would be awesome!

Greets.
  6. dau
    Quote Originally Posted by kawdww View Post
    Now, after trying to get this working on my Pixi Plus WebOS 1.4.5. for several times I give it up!
    I don't know what I did wrong.

Any suggestions or tips to fix that? It would be awesome!

Greets.
    I am having the same issue. I installed everything on a clean Pixi+, but cannot connect. I tried protocols: ICQ, Yahoo, FB, yabber.
    Hello dau.
    Did you bypassed the Palm activation too or do you just start as normal as a "new" phone comes to you?
    It is interesting to me that the AIM service is working properly when the Pixi is "clean", and after these plugins and patches nothing works anymore...
    Same problem here with a clean palm pixi plus webos 1.4.5, none of the plugins work after install.
  9. dau
    Quote Originally Posted by kawdww View Post
    Did you bypassed the Palm activation too or do you just start as normal as a "new" phone comes to you?
    I did not bypass the activation. I doctored my pixi before each try to install the messaging plugins.

I cannot say anything additional about AIM protocol, I didnt test it before or after installing.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Can someone here help me install this on my Pre Plus 1.4.5. I don't understand the instructions but I do ave the files and everything needed.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Is this still being worked on? I can't get these services to log in. MSN is not working and it's high on my priority list. Just saying...shouldn't this have been worked on by palm when they worked on the Messaging app? The only two services the initially put is not enough?
    I got the GNU patch installed and i can install the messagingsys file, but it fails on the last two files. It will not install and says package dependencies not satisfied. any help?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Use quick install 3.14 to install them. Please repot back. I want to know if you got through using the services. Mine doesn't let me log in any so I had to remove it and sadly, it still left some bugs there.
    Can I put the files on my pre and use internalz to find them and preware to install?
    I never use quickinstall....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Can these be made available for 2.X? As in, instead of using the synergy patch to add accounts, I prefer completely replacing google, aim, etc.. with their new versions instead of have duplicates in the accounts menu even if it does touch system files... just wondering if this is possible.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I installed this last night and has been working great so far. I only have Yahoo messenger and facebook.

Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    works in hp Veer??? please someone help me!!!! Live messenger works but in fb chat i cant see my contacts....and i cant install in jabber mode....
    Hi there,

I really like this amazing plugin and it worked for me a very long time. But now it stopped working, I can't get a connection to the ICQ servers. Synergy on the webos 2.1 is doing fine (used the sdk emulator to test this), but this version of webos isn't running to well on my girlfriends palm pre minus. That's the reason why I want to stay on 1.4.5 (for the sake of my girl ).

I tried to change the ICQ protocol of this plugin, but it had no use - it seems there is more to do than just changing these files from the messaging plugin with these of libpurple. I really need help here, a small tutorial, how to settle this on my own, because I don't want to bother you guys every time, when ICQ is changing how their connection is working.

Greg Roll or Nutty Bunny, I hope one of you can help me (or should I say my girlfriend, because it's her Pre and she loves it pretty much).
    I'd like to know as well. It hasn't worked for me since last May or so.

Conversely, does anyone know if any of the paid IM apps on the catalogue actually work?
    The MSN plugin just times out, unable to connect with the server.

Facebook one seems to work though.

Haven't tried the others.