Page 80 of 85 FirstFirst ... 30707576777879808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
    Ah, reasonable.

If I recall correctly, I believe it was said that the 1.x version will always be the patch method as it is now, right? It can't be clean/easy like the 2.x/3.x synergy ones?

Also, I'd like your paypal. I can't remember what thread you had it posted in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    Ah, reasonable.

If I recall correctly, I believe it was said that the 1.x version will always be the patch method as it is now, right? It can't be clean/easy like the 2.x/3.x synergy ones?

Also, I'd like your paypal. I can't remember what thread you had it posted in.
    1. Yes, the 1.4.x versions will always use patches, the OS isn't made for easy upgrades. For webOS 2.x and 3.x it will be easier, just an ipk with no patching or system files overwriting.

2. I think it was buried inside one of the 2.1 Pixi threads, but is cesar.negrete at gmail dot com

Thanks for the patience people. In fact I just got my TP. I'm finishing work stuff and working on my pending apps to finish this
    Please tell me you're not jumping ship after today's miserable HP announcement. Those asshats...
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    Please tell me you're not jumping ship after today's miserable HP announcement. Those asshats...
    No, I still intend to finish my TP apps, and fix the plugins for all webOS versions. You can take my TouchPad when you pry it of my dead, cold hands
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    No, I still intend to finish my TP apps, and fix the plugins for all webOS versions. You can take my TouchPad when you pry it of my dead, cold hands
    Much love man. I'm not abandoning webOS. In fact, I'm getting a touchstone finally (first one!) and a touchstone back cover for my Pixi+. I may retire my Pixi+ for a HP Veer (trying to get one cheap), but I'm not jumping ship. I think webOS will remain my WiFi toy OS, and I'm trying to make Bada my primary phone OS (so I don't have to pay AT&T for a data plan :3)
    Is this patch still being supported or has it been abandoned as all the other 1.4 era patches seem to be?
    So on the off chance there's still anyone watching this thread, I've got the patch installed but trying to connect to any IM service (including AIM, haven't tried gtalk) results in either "Cannot connect to server" or "Username/password invalid" errors. AIM works fine if I remove the patch.

All I want is Yahoo... why does nothing work right?
    GenkoKitsu
    i think they have to make some adjustment in order to fix it to work with the version including the touchpad
    I don't have a touchpad, I have a pre
    I've had the same issues since the outset as well. All we can do is either assist NuttyBunny or wait and be patient.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    just wondering what ever happen to greg_roll.
    i remember when i had the palm pre this was the first patch i tried.

and no offense to any one
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    just wondering what ever happen to greg_roll.
    i remember when i had the palm pre this was the first patch i tried.

and no offense to any one
    He doesn't have the time and device anymore to keep developing on this

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    thanks NuttyBunny

one last question for you NuttyBunny.
    do you have a team (a group) that helps you work on this or is it done alone?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Is there a TP Plugin out ?
    TouchPad plugin would be using the Synergy version of the libs, not these.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    thanks NuttyBunny

one last question for you NuttyBunny.
    do you have a team (a group) that helps you work on this or is it done alone?
    I stepped out because no one else wanted to. The sources are public. Anyone could help. That said, it's just me at the moment

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Thanks a lot for your time and work Nutty Bunny, it's much appreciated.
    Thanks for all your hard work Nutty Bunny.

Was just looking at the messaging source git resp myself. Unfortunately it was over my head

Originally my thought was that it would be possible to create a separate plugin through synergy for a jabber/xmmp option which could then be used to connect to facebook as I'm most concerned about having access to that protocol. I noticed how you can go to app store to look for more options on the TP. Live/MSN not being as important for me could come later. Plus it seems to me at least that a lot more people are use Facebook these days then live. Also I thinking that jabber would be relatively easy to implement using synergy messaging connector as opposed to live. Problem is documentation on how to do so is extremely lacking as Palm has no documentation at all on the messaging component of synergy as far I can tell.

Then if it wasn't easy enough to create a separate add on component for jabber I was thinking it might be possible to take the source of the Google talk synergy connector and create another one then modifying it for regular jabber use.

btw not sure what the difference between this and the http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...webos-2-x.html thread.
    Last edited by crucialcolin; 09/12/2011 at 10:10 PM.
    Webos v1 is not Synergy. Its completely different.
    @crucialcolin, Live/MSN is extremely important. I want/need it WAY more than Facebook Chat. Please don't try and lower the priority on a plugin that you yourself don't need. There's many of us that rely on MSN at work..