Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi volcom45,

Sorry to hear its not working for you. You have generally been ok.

I do think something has really stuffed up and its in a bad state. I believe the icon is missing as probably one of the submission css files didn't get patched.

I'd say it bombed out there and thats why its not working.

I might make an IPK which does an uninstall if the install fails. That should help recover failed installs.

Greg
    Thanks Greg, I actually just had to exchange my phone for a replacement today anyway for an issue that has been around for awhile but in 1.4 brought out a super annoying bug that has affected 8+page thread full of users with their original Pre's from release day including myself. Long story short, had enough, backed up my stuff and am doctoring 1.4 onto a diff phone now, so I'm guess I'll be okay after that.
    Happy to say that on a new phone and fresh doctor of webos 1.4, this installed flawlessly, I have the MSN icon and it connected great! Thanks so much, Greg.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Thanks for your great hack. On my GSM-Pre I successfully use ICQ, MSN, AIM, Yahoo and Facebook.

LinuxQ
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Do you see names an avartars in FB? I just see numbers..
    Quote Originally Posted by steiale View Post
    Same for me, and ICQ is that way as well.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    with ICQ it works, with facebook not, but that is facebooks fault.
    have you turned aliases on?

ad facebook: just add the IM accounts (that u12432566 stuff) to the corresponding accounts. due to the avatas it should be easy. at least it was for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by toomore View Post
    Hello everybody,

I'm from Germany,too, and I get the same error like some guys before. When I try to install "org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.2_armv7.ipk" it shows the error message like in the picture. I already redoctored my phone and had a second try to install. Dev Mode is on, always restarting, and I think I did no mistake with the instructions?! So is there anyone who has an idea... ?

Had the same problem, finally I turned off backup, doctored it and made sure messenger patch was the first app/patch I installed.. et voila it works.
    Still having the same old Problem, that I have to sign in all accounts seperatly, yahoo first then msn and icq. Else yahoo won't connect at all or at least show no one in buddies.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    with ICQ it works, with facebook not, but that is facebooks fault.
    have you turned aliases on?

ad facebook: just add the IM accounts (that u12432566 stuff) to the corresponding accounts. due to the avatas it should be easy. at least it was for me.
    Avatars are turned on. Did you mean Avatars = Aliases?

I would have no problems if I see the avatars. But numbers and no avatars is somehow difficult...
    i tried installing failed same as toomore (all is the same in the error message except lines4 and 5 which start hunk #1 and patching file .... messaging luna service.jsjsjs) $so$ $then$ $i$ $removed$ $all$ $patches$ $i$ $had$ $that$ $related$ $to$ $messaging$ $including$ $character$ $count$, $sms$ $tone$ $per$ $contact$, $notification$ $repeat$, $landscape$ $messaging$, $full$ $im$ $status$, $hold$ $chat$ $to$ $launch$ $new$ $card$.. $and$ $it$ $still$ $failed$ $any$ $ideas$?
    Last edited by ryan9102; 03/04/2010 at 07:05 AM.
  10. Peh
    Im also getting the same error when i try to install the patch
    removing wont be good enough.. I also had to doctor it..
    im trying EPR right now we'll see if that works
    EPR did not work... time to reinstall all my patches
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

Previously if you connected to some corporate networks or jabber servers you needed to copy a certificate to your Pre for it to login. Otherwise login would just sit there for 10 minutes.

Now 2.2 will tell you if the certificate of the server is invalid and if you set the option to True it will auto accept the untrusted certificate.

This is not required for plugins like: Aim,Gtalk, Live,ICQ, Facebook, possibly others.

Thanks,
    Greg
    I reinstalled the messaging files without error and have the new app settings regarding the certificate. Still will not log into my corporate Sametime server version 8.5.
    I have contacted one of my company ST engineers and tried to connect to their test server and another from Lotus without luck against either. I get a message "Could not connect to server. Try again".

Several people in my company have been working on a vpnc client which is working well so far. Having Sametime connection would be a big plus for us.

I have a few questions:
    Is there a log with more specific error info?
    What Client ID are you using? (corporate server may reject if the client ID is unknown - not the case on the test servers.)
    Which communication protocol is the client using?
    I assume the Sametime client was working before 1.4 was released.
    Do you have/know of a test server which I can connect to to verify my setup.

I also have my question regarding how to get Sametime added to the list of IM types in the contact app. Unless LCS stands for Lotus Connect Sametime?

Thanks in advance for taking a few minutes to answer my questions.
    Dale
    try avatar:false and alias: false!..thats the settings on my phone to get the names and pics correctly!
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    try avatar:false and alias: false!..thats the settings on my phone to get the names and pics correctly!
    Where do I finde the alias setting?
    Avatars do work now!!! Thanks man!!

P.S. I saw the alias setting in the msn config. I don't have the switch in facebook config..
    Where do I finde the alias setting?
    Avatars do work now!!! Thanks man!!

P.S. I saw the alias setting in the msn config. I don't have the switch in facebook config..
    are you using jabber with fb? ...if yes I typed wrong is TLS: false and avatar:false.
    I've got a couple of problems after the install (which by the way went through perfectly).

1) In MSN i get an error message 'unable to connect to server'

2) In OCS I am able to sign in and my status is showing as Available. However, no one can see me online and I cant see any of my contacts online

Any thoughts anyone?
    Thank You
    So, how can we get rid off those hunk messages?

Last time I tried, I remove all patches, doctor the phone, and install these plugins, and it worked.

This time is not working.

Not even with the old ones.

I ran the Web Os Repair Uyility, and after a WHILE, it didnt find any differences.

So, Im still wandering, why I cant install them this time.

Looks like the files its trying to modify are already modified, how can they be restored to the original condition, where they can be modified by these plug ins.

by the way Im with bell, and as you know, no 1.4 for us yet.

:P
    Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.
    Quote Originally Posted by jean001luc View Post
    I've got a couple of problems after the install (which by the way went through perfectly).

1) In MSN i get an error message 'unable to connect to server'

2) In OCS I am able to sign in and my status is showing as Available. However, no one can see me online and I cant see any of my contacts online

Any thoughts anyone?
    Thank You
    Point 2 is now sorted. I had forgotten to turn on the TLS switch

Point 1 still outstanding though

Thank you
Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast