Page 75 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25657071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #1481  
    hi! I've searched this thread as best I could and didn't find much reference to Google Voice. I'm wondering if it's at all feasible to support Google Voice SMS in the messaging app through a messaging plugin like the ones in this thread.
  2. #1482  
    For some reason my MSN stopped working, it'll sign in and I can see my contacts, however I can't send any messages. Messages sent will get stuck in gray.

    So I tried removing everything and reinstalling 2.6.1, however now I can't even sign back into MSN. When I try to add the account, it keeps saying "Could not connecto to the server. Try again."

    What gives?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3. #1483  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    For some reason my MSN stopped working, it'll sign in and I can see my contacts, however I can't send any messages. Messages sent will get stuck in gray.

    So I tried removing everything and reinstalling 2.6.1, however now I can't even sign back into MSN. When I try to add the account, it keeps saying "Could not connecto to the server. Try again."

    What gives?
    Did you restarted your Pre recently? I have an idea, please erase the msn account (both from the messaging app and from the accounts app), restart your Pre, connect to wifi and create the msn account. I can login also but it seems that the synergy process is not working correctly :S
  4. #1484  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Did you restarted your Pre recently? I have an idea, please erase the msn account (both from the messaging app and from the accounts app), restart your Pre, connect to wifi and create the msn account. I can login also but it seems that the synergy process is not working correctly :S
    Restarted my phone multiple times during the installation. I always start clean after reinstalling, all accounts gone, uninstall, install then create account again. My issue is the account is gone, won't even recreate it. Just keeps saying problem connecting to server.

    I'm suspecting it's the certs problem again... gotta go find my own post, forgot the path.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 03/24/2011 at 06:28 AM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5. #1485  
    OK, so it's NOT the certs. I've deleted them and they regenerated, but it's still not connecting.

    EDIT: Tried DebugMP.sh, and looks like it IS the cert.

    Code:
    (20:33:49) certificate/x509/tls_cached: Checking for a CA with DN=C=US,O=GTE Corporation,OU=GTE CyberTrust Solutions\, Inc.,CN=GTE CyberTrust Global Root
    (20:33:49) certificate/x509/ca: Couldn't open location '/media/internal/Messaging_Certificates'
    (20:33:49) certificate/x509/ca: Lazy init completed.
    (20:33:49) certificate/x509/tls_cached: Certificate Authority with DN='C=US,O=GTE Corporation,OU=GTE CyberTrust Solutions\, Inc.,CN=GTE CyberTrust Global Root' not found. I'll prompt the user, I guess.
    (20:33:49) prefs: purple_prefs_get_string: Unknown pref /purple/acceptbadcert
    (20:33:49) certificate/x509/tls_cached: Certificate Error. Rejecting as requested!
    (20:33:49) certificate/x509/tls_cached: User REJECTED cert
    (20:33:49) prefs: purple_prefs_get_string: Unknown pref /purple/acceptbadcert
    (20:33:49) certificate: Failed to verify certificate for omega.contacts.msn.com
    (20:33:49) msn: Operation {} failed. No response received from server.
    (20:33:49) msn: C: NS 000: OUT
    (20:33:49) connection: Connection error on 0x25b408 (reason: 0 description: Your MSN buddy list is temporarily unavailable. Please wait and try again.)
    (20:33:49) account: Disconnecting account tonicipriani_swat@yahoo.ca (0x259408)
    (20:33:49) connection: Disconnecting connection 0x25b408
    (20:33:49) msn: destroy the OIM 0x25b690
    (20:33:49) msn: destroy httpconn (0x25b4d8)
    (20:33:49) connection: Destroying connection 0x25b408
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 03/24/2011 at 07:38 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  6. #1486  
    Tried a bit more. I placed the omega.contacts.msn.com in the tls_peers folder, it started working. However, after a short while, I'm getting the random disconnects problem, and I can't send any messages, stuck in gray, so I'm back to square one. Even worse, I tried a few more reconnects, seems like it stopped working again.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  7. njsss's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #1487  
    I'm getting the same error "could not connect to the server" when trying MSN. Really hope someone can get it solved.
  8.    #1488  
    Hi guys,

    I think Nutty Bunny maye have worked this one out.

    It might take a few days to sort out

    Greg
  9. #1489  
    Yep, it has been solved

    Small background:
    There are several algorithms to "sign" certificates, one of them being called "MD2", which Verisign used to sign one of their root certificates (a root certificate is one that the companies use to sign all other certs). MD2 is considered by the gnutls authors as somewhat insecure, so, if in the certificate chain that we're checking, they find that one of the certificates uses this signing method, it will report the certificate as "invalid".

    The key here is to tell the gnutls library to allow these type of certificates, which will in turn eliminate most, if not all, of our certificate problems

    I'm having some trouble compiling some libraries, so, it will take a few days, but hey, at least we now know what the problem is and how to fix it!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  10. #1490  
    Is there any way to determine what the actual error is with the Connection Failed message for communicator/sipe plugin?

    I can get all the credentials added, just as i would in pidgin, the account will create, then when attempting to connect, it just says connection failed...I need it to be a small bit more verbose than that so I can figure out what the problem is.

    All the server/ports/account info/TLS/User Agent/ect is all accurate and works just fine elsewhere, just need to know the error...I'll continue to play around with the settings to see if I can figure anything else out.

    Any assistance is very much appreciated!
  11. kitenski's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #1491  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

    Thanks for the offer to host. I am working with Rod at the moment to get this into Preware so it may not need to be hosted anymore

    Ill keep you posted!

    Greg
    Hi Greg, is this going to be on Preware anytime soon? Happy to hang on a few days, otherwise will do the manual install.....

    cheers,

    Greg
  12. #1492  
    Quote Originally Posted by kitenski View Post
    Hi Greg, is this going to be on Preware anytime soon? Happy to hang on a few days, otherwise will do the manual install.....

    cheers,

    Greg
    I'm putting my money on the 3.x series of the plugins (the webOS 2.x version), those will be a lot easier to put on Preware. As for the 2.x version (for 1.4.x), I don't know :S
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  13. #1493  
    Guys, I have a problem when i try to install the patch on my pixi plus (germany), it maybe old problem, but i still can't solve it..

    I use ubuntu(linux), n usually use console to install, when i run :
    palm-install org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.6.1_armv6.ipk

    I've got this error : palm-install: FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL

    I already install it by all the way i found, like reinstall all (preware,gnu,n messagingplugin), or install one by one n reboot, but it's always stuck on installing messagingpatch..

    Help.. What should i do to solve this problem??

    Thanks
  14. #1494  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzler View Post
    Guys, I have a problem when i try to install the patch on my pixi plus (germany), it maybe old problem, but i still can't solve it..

    I use ubuntu(linux), n usually use console to install, when i run :
    palm-install org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.6.1_armv6.ipk

    I've got this error : palm-install: FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL

    I already install it by all the way i found, like reinstall all (preware,gnu,n messagingplugin), or install one by one n reboot, but it's always stuck on installing messagingpatch..

    Help.. What should i do to solve this problem??

    Thanks
    You could, for instance, follow the instructions on the first page and use webOS Quick Install to install instead of palm-install.
  15. #1495  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    You could, for instance, follow the instructions on the first page and use webOS Quick Install to install instead of palm-install.
    Finally i can install it. Thanks!

    But now, new problem comes, first login, i can see all my buddy, but now, i can't. It didn't show anything, just an empty field with Available status. What happen, Is there anything i miss?


    Thanks
  16. #1496  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzler View Post
    Finally i can install it. Thanks!

    But now, new problem comes, first login, i can see all my buddy, but now, i can't. It didn't show anything, just an empty field with Available status. What happen, Is there anything i miss?


    Thanks
    Which protocol? (don't say msn pleeease)
  17. #1497  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Which protocol? (don't say msn pleeease)
    Yahoo.. Heheheh..

    Is there any problem with yahoo?
  18. #1498  
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzler View Post
    Yahoo.. Heheheh..

    Is there any problem with yahoo?
    Not that I'm aware of. Could you do the debugging steps mentioned in the first post and show us the last lines of the log? I don't have a pixi so I wouldn't now what could be wrong

    Thanks
  19. #1499  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. Could you do the debugging steps mentioned in the first post and show us the last lines of the log? I don't have a pixi so I wouldn't now what could be wrong

    Thanks
    I'm sorry Bunny, which one is debugging step on the first post? Is't mean the log at /media/internal/webos-patches.log ? Cause I can't find the debugging steps that u mean..

    cmiiw,

    Thanks
  20. #1500  
    Sorry, it wasn't in the first post on this thread, these are the instructions by Greg:

    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll
    Are you able to root to your Pre and run /var/home/DebugMP.sh and send me the log file it creates after login fails?

    THe log file is saved to /meda/internal/DebugMP/
    send us the saved file, you could even copy/paste it in a PM here.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions