Page 70 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
    V2.6.0 of the messagingsysfile fixed my Pre2 very weird cannot-send-SMS-text "error 96" problem (UK Vodafone network SIM failed, but UK ORANGE SIM was happy to SMS send)
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Hey guys. I was previously using the older version of the messaging plugins (see most #1354) but when I check the link to download the files the folder is empty. I have tried the more recent patches but they didn't install for me. Would anyone be able to get me the older files from #1354 to see if they still work? Thanks very much
  3.    #1383  
    Hi guys,

Sorry been a little quiet lately. I have been really busy but still trying to get WebOS 2.0 support going.

The good news is I have made some progress and things are looking good.

Below is what will come with 2.0 support...

No system files replaced anymore (you're Pre will be very reliable)
    No patching of WebOS anymore (no need for patching hassles etc)
    WebOS 2.0+ support only
    IRC removed (Don't see the need for this and it really was a hack)
    2 packages now - sysfiles and plugins (no longer seperate packages)
    Root certificates are now stored in /media/internal/Messaging_Certificates (USBDRIVE\Messaging_Certificates) (Easier to support custom servers)
    No longer a need for lsdiff and patch.
    Upgrades will be as easy as applying the updated package. (No longer a need to uninstall and reinstall )

Palm have fixed up a lot of things and made things a lot easy for me so a big thanks to them

Due to the fact I will no longer patch the Pre with these plugins I am going to request Palm/HP implement the following changes to WebOS:
    Ability to create or add contact to a group
    Collapse groups in buddy list
    Sign on to one account only
    Show IM status in preferences and accounts views

(Anyone know where to request features from Palm/HP???)

Hope to have something exciting soon...
    Greg
    I bet rwhitby would. Everything sounds great. Can't wait for the WebOS update!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Sorry to keep coming back with problems! XD I've got the live plugin installed, I can login, but my messages don't send (text stays greyed out). Any ideas? I've also tried reinstalling it all, doesn't seem to have made a difference. Thanks!

EDIT: I can receive messages, just not reply. I've also tried switching between accept bad cert and that doesn't seem to make a difference either.
    Last edited by Boopop; 01/30/2011 at 03:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    I have been really busy but still trying to get WebOS 2.0 support going.
    Amazing!!! Can't wait to get Jabber/Facebook chat support on my Pre 2!

Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    (Anyone know where to request features from Palm/HP???)
    See the title of this post. (As a newbie here I'm apparently not allowed to put the link in the message...)
    Is it possible to add a connection port config option for each of the messaging services to get around wifi firewalls, etc.?

Any idea as to what file(s) the Messaging connection port info is stored in? Thanks!
    Great work Greg!

I travel monthly to Japan. No EV signal there, but I do get WIFI in the hotels and coffee shops. Now thanks to your patch, I can finally have a Live Messenger Chat on my Pre with My wife and kids back in the states!

Thank you so much!

All you talented guys just keeping making this phone better all the time.
  9.    #1389  
    Quote Originally Posted by drrtybylf View Post
    Is it possible to add a connection port config option for each of the messaging services to get around wifi firewalls, etc.?

Any idea as to what file(s) the Messaging connection port info is stored in? Thanks!
    Hi drrtybylf,

Good idea. I will look at it for the WebOS 2.0 version

Greg
    Hey Greg,

Did you get my PM? I hope it helped.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Please can someone help me with my problem? My original post was...

Sorry to keep coming back with problems! XD I've got the live plugin installed, I can login, but my messages don't send (text stays greyed out). Any ideas? I've also tried reinstalling it all, doesn't seem to have made a difference. Thanks!

EDIT: I can receive messages, just not reply. I've also tried switching between accept bad cert and that doesn't seem to make a difference either.
    Thanks!
  12. r9s
    Hi! I have a problem with installation 'messaging patch'. Here's output:

Code:
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    1 1382k 1 16383 0 0 4898k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 4898k
    100 1382k 100 1382k 0 0 15.8M 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 16.4M
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.messagingpatch
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.6.1_armv7.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    I tried install this via webosquickinstall and preware (log is from preware).
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Hey everyone I'm having an issue when running "org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.6.1_armv7.ip" It is exactly the same that Nico87 was having with version 2.5 with the missing file on page #49 of the thread. Can anyone help me with the error i'm getting? I would post a screenshot but I can't...site won't let me. Thanks in Advance
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Bumping this issue, it's happening again.

And several other things I notice now too, it seems like this has something to do with libpurple handling poor connections, and creating stale connections that automatically reconnect. It almost seems like it's a whole bunch of stale processes constantly trying to reconnect, but as Google Talk allows multi-sessions, all the processes connect, as a result of the multiple messages.

Reason I'm suspecting this are the symptoms I'm also noticing:

- Top menu bar goes out of whack, even when I switch programs, it takes forever to become the new app and menus become unresponsive
    - CPU seems to be occupied, I'm noticing huge spikes in Govnah in CPU usage
    - The multiple messages issue only happens with GTalk, whereas MSN just keeps reconnecting, like another computer is trying to connect. Which makes sense since Gtalk allows multiple but MSN doesn't for older clients.
    - Seems like the Offline status would go out of whack when these happen. I have to continuously hit Offline in the status, and even then out of nowhere my phone will try to sign-in.

Greg can you please advise?
    Bumping this... again. Upgraded to 2.6.1 and still experiencing this issue.

Will this be fixed or will have to wait for the rewritten 2.0 version?

Still happens whenever it loses connection and tries to reconnect. It'll just hang up the system.

Let me know if any logs or anything need to be collected.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 02/04/2011 at 05:24 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Could someone help pls?

I am using this primarily for Yahoo. Now everytime my phone gets busy with many apps, or everytime my internet connection gets lost, it logs me off..

The trouble is in logging back in... I sign back in by tapping available, it seems to accept my login but nothing happens. It stays logged off.

I have had to reset my phone everytime so I can sign back in.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Could someone help pls?

I am using this primarily for Yahoo. Now everytime my phone gets busy with many apps, or everytime my internet connection gets lost, it logs me off..

The trouble is in logging back in... I sign back in by tapping available, it seems to accept my login but nothing happens. It stays logged off.

I have had to reset my phone everytime so I can sign back in.

Are you moving between wifi and 3g connections? I've had problems with it reconnecting to yahoo when iI switch between wifi and 3g but never when i stay on one or the other.

As a workaround instead of resetting your phone you can log into your account by going to the accounts page and selecting yahoo then login if for some reason the status on the buddy screen isnt working.
    The only workarpund I got is to remove the account then add it back up.

help, i tried to install this patch on my new palm pixi... and i just get this message

img13.imageshack.us/i/bildschirmfoto20110212uh.png
  19.    #1399  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam890 View Post
    help, i tried to install this patch on my new palm pixi... and i just get this message

img13.imageshack.us/i/bildschirmfoto20110212uh.png
    Hi,

Have you installed GNU Patch?

Thanks,
    Greg
    where can i find the plugin of QQ?