Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    you just made my day I just installed works perfect!! Now I have msn live .. Just one time sign me out from all accounts but I just removed all accounts and sign back. Now I'm online again.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I extracted the messaging-constants.jsjsjs $from$ $the$ $1$.$4$ $webos$ $doctor$ $and$ $sent$ $the$ $file$ $to$ $my$ $Pre$. $I$ $am$ $rebooting$ $and$ $then$ $will$ $attempt$ $reinstallation$ $and$ $report$ $back$.

Update 1: interesting! Now it's *****ing that the messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs $is$ $already$ $patched$/$revised$. $Just$ $sent$ $that$ $file$ $now$ $from$ $webos$ $doctor$ $and$ $rebooting$. $Will$ $try$ $again$ $after$ $that$!

Update 2: Well unfortunately, the latest WOSQI is not really deleting the files. They are clearly different versions as I tried sendin the files from Pre to me and they are diff size as the ones from 1.4 webos doctor. However, I try to delete them and it acts like it did it but they are still there. If I send the new ones, they act like they send but don't seem to overwrite the old ones. There are also copies of both those files that end in .jsjsjs.$orig$ $and$ .$js$.$rei$ $or$ $something$ $like$ $that$. $If$ $I$ $could$ $only$ $remove$ $these$ $files$ $and$ $copy$ $over$ $the$ $1$.$4$ $doctor$ $ones$, $I$'$m$ $sure$ $it$ $would$ $solve$ $the$ $prob$! $Argh$, $couldn$'$t$ $do$ $it$ $from$ $terminus$ $either$, $said$ $the$ $files$ $were$ $read$ $only$!

Update 3: Wow, tried one more time and this time around its complaining about prefsSetupAccountScene.html file being already patched or revised..

Greg: Should the Messaging System files be completely removed as well before trying to replace these files?
    For copying files over terminal you need to make your pre re-writable. use this command

mount -o remount,rw /

Please post the extracted lunaservices.jsjsjs $file$. $I$ $want$ $to$ $copy$ $that$ $file$ $into$ $my$ $pre$ $but$ $it$ $has$ $yet$ $to$ $be$ $posted$ $and$ $I$ $have$ $no$ $Idea$ $how$ $to$ $extract$ $that$ $file$ $from$ $the$ $doctor$.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    For copying files over terminal you need to make your pre re-writable. use this command

mount -o remount,rw /

Please post the extracted lunaservices.jsjsjs $file$. $I$ $want$ $to$ $copy$ $that$ $file$ $into$ $my$ $pre$ $but$ $it$ $has$ $yet$ $to$ $be$ $posted$ $and$ $I$ $have$ $no$ $Idea$ $how$ $to$ $extract$ $that$ $file$ $from$ $the$ $doctor$.
    Hehe, totally forgot that command! :P Thanks for reminding me. Send me a PM with your email and I'll send you the extracted files from the webos 1.4 doctor when I'm home for lunch.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    After reinstalling and applying this patches before all others - works like a charm ...

Thanks a lot! Finally YahooMessenger on my German Pre.
    I have manually deleted both the .jsjsjs $files$ $in$ /$models$ $dir$ $and$ $renamed$ $the$ .$orig$ $ones$ $back$ $to$ .$js$ $and$ $also$ $deleted$ $the$ .$rej$ $copies$ $as$ $well$. $I$ $will$ $try$ $to$ $install$ $the$ $patch$ $again$ $when$ $I$'$m$ $home$ $during$ $lunch$ $and$ $let$ $everyone$ $know$ $if$ $this$ $fixes$ $the$ $issue$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron91RS View Post
    I thought terminal app was busted with 1.4, internalz is also busted
    What are you guys using to get these files off?
    I'd upload mine for greg but I'm a novice and the two programs I would use I understand don't work.

And if your using something else what commands to use?
    Terminal is broken, but Terminus works fine. It's available in Preware.
    Why does it seem like a lot of people are having trouble with this, but no one is helping? Except to say "see the Dr.?"
    For those that have installed the Facebook plugin or Jabber... it sucks that we can only see the username and not the person's real name. But you can link them to your contacts oncee you figure out who they are. It's tedious but there are ways to find out who's who. Go to Facebook online and look at all your contacts. Put your mouse pointer on the name of the person and at the bottom of the page you should see the username.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd4pk View Post
    For those that have installed the Facebook plugin or Jabber... it sucks that we can only see the username and not the person's real name. But you can link them to your contacts oncee you figure out who they are. It's tedious but there are ways to find out who's who. Go to Facebook online and look at all your contacts. Put your mouse pointer on the name of the person and at the bottom of the page you should see the username.
    FWIW, I'm using Jabber and mine shows the names correctly.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I wasn't able to log in through both the facebook and the jabber plugin for most of yesterday after installing the plugins. Later in the day I was able to log in through the FB plugin but only came up with the u### names. A couple hours later I tried Jabber again...and it worked flawlessly and displays/links the correct name. My advice..keep at it
    Just a note of thanks!

I did another doctor but was careful to erase the backup and also did the Full Erase to get rid of my USB partition.

The first thing I did after the doctor was install the Messaging Plugins before any patches whatsoever.

All is well now!

Now the real work of getting all the app and patches back on.

Thanks again!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Well, I used Terminus to delete the patched .jsjsjs $files$, $and$ $mv$'$d$ $the$ .$orig$ $ones$ $back$ $to$ .$js$ $and$ $got$ $rid$ $of$ $some$ $other$ .$rej$ $backed$ $up$ $versions$ $as$ $wel$. $I$ $tried$ $to$ $install$ $again$ $and$ $this$ $time$, $the$ $messaging$ $patch$ $still$ $brought$ $up$ $that$ $error$ $but$ $it$ $went$ $all$ $the$ $way$ $through$. $I$ $then$ $installed$ $MSN$ $Live$ $patch$, $rebooted$ $and$ $now$ $I$ $have$ $MSN$ $in$ $the$ $list$ $but$ $with$ $no$ $icon$. $I$ $tried$ $to$ $add$ $an$ $account$ $and$ $it$ $just$ $sits$ $spinning$ $circle$ $endlessly$. $I$ $give$ $up$ :$P$ $I$'$m$ $taking$ $my$ $phone$ $in$ $to$ $get$ $replaced$ $soon$ $anyway$. $Will$ $doctor$ $that$ $one$ $and$ $then$ $should$ $be$ $okay$.
    What patches should I remove that might be causing my Errors?
    where i can get those plugins.. please
    Hi all,

Can someone tell me what the new 'accept bad cert (true or false)' is used for?

How do I decided whether to set it to 'true or false'.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

Can someone tell me what the new 'accept bad cert (true or false)' is used for?

How do I decided whether to set it to 'true or false'.

Thanks!

Rob
    i have in false and is working fine!
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Hi guys,

Previously if you connected to some corporate networks or jabber servers you needed to copy a certificate to your Pre for it to login. Otherwise login would just sit there for 10 minutes.

Now 2.2 will tell you if the certificate of the server is invalid and if you set the option to True it will auto accept the untrusted certificate.

This is not required for plugins like: Aim,Gtalk, Live,ICQ, Facebook, possibly others.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Thanks but I'm looking for an explanation of what it is exactly.

What Certificate are we allowing, what is the reason for this?

Robs
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Thanks but I'm looking for an explanation of what it is exactly.

What Certificate are we allowing, what is the reason for this?

Robs
    Untrusted certificates can now be accepted. (Select True to "Accept Bad Cert" in preferences. This option will be disabled after login or reboot for security reasons. You only need to do this one per account. An error "Invalid security certificate" occurs if the certificate from the server is untrusted.
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Well, I used Terminus to delete the patched .jsjsjs $files$, $and$ $mv$'$d$ $the$ .$orig$ $ones$ $back$ $to$ .$js$ $and$ $got$ $rid$ $of$ $some$ $other$ .$rej$ $backed$ $up$ $versions$ $as$ $wel$. $I$ $tried$ $to$ $install$ $again$ $and$ $this$ $time$, $the$ $messaging$ $patch$ $still$ $brought$ $up$ $that$ $error$ $but$ $it$ $went$ $all$ $the$ $way$ $through$. $I$ $then$ $installed$ $MSN$ $Live$ $patch$, $rebooted$ $and$ $now$ $I$ $have$ $MSN$ $in$ $the$ $list$ $but$ $with$ $no$ $icon$. $I$ $tried$ $to$ $add$ $an$ $account$ $and$ $it$ $just$ $sits$ $spinning$ $circle$ $endlessly$. $I$ $give$ $up$ :$P$ $I$'$m$ $taking$ $my$ $phone$ $in$ $to$ $get$ $replaced$ $soon$ $anyway$. $Will$ $doctor$ $that$ $one$ $and$ $then$ $should$ $be$ $okay$.
    Hi volcom45,

Sorry to hear its not working for you. You have generally been ok.

I do think something has really stuffed up and its in a bad state. I believe the icon is missing as probably one of the submission css files didn't get patched.

I'd say it bombed out there and thats why its not working.

I might make an IPK which does an uninstall if the install fails. That should help recover failed installs.

Greg
Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast