Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #1361  
    Whats the error message when it fails to install the patch?
  2. #1362  
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    1 1330k 1 16383 0 0 20.4M 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 20.4M
    100 1330k 100 1330k 0 0 11.9M 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 11.8M
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.messagingpatch
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.5.2_armv7.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
  3. #1363  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi Dale,

    Glad to see you're still around

    My bad on the refresh icon. I had the wrong file delete in the uninstall script.
    So it will happen again when you remove this version

    I have fixed my script for the next version

    Greg
    Greg,

    In the meantime would you be able to give us the path on which file we need to restore to get this back?

    I'm planning to uninstall my version and try the multi-login version.

    Thanks.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  4. #1364  
    I removed all mu accounts and uninstalled all the related plug ins and yet the install of the main patch fails for me with similar error. Any help?
  5. #1365  
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    1 1330k 1 16383 0 0 20.4M 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 20.4M
    100 1330k 100 1330k 0 0 11.9M 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 11.8M
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.messagingpatch
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.5.2_armv7.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    Had the same issue. Was trying to mail to myself just the ipks I needed. for whatever reason(I guess file was corrupt or whatever that "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1 means). Just did thru webos quickinstall and all is working well. If you were trying to do the same - that should get up and going.

    P.S. Everything seems to work just fine(well my icq at least but now I can't log on to sametime - kept the same log on settings as far as I can remember). anybody having issues logging to sametime?
    Last edited by BoRn; 01/03/2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Sametime
  6. #1366  
    Hey Greg,

    You've probably heard this a lot, but I'm awaiting a 2.0 solution. :P.
    I used your patches since the day they were released up until I picked up a Pre 2. I'm REALLY missing using the default app for MSN (That was really the only one I used).

    Let me know if you're looking for testing or anything, I'm more than willing. .
  7.    #1367  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey Greg,

    You've probably heard this a lot, but I'm awaiting a 2.0 solution. :P.
    I used your patches since the day they were released up until I picked up a Pre 2. I'm REALLY missing using the default app for MSN (That was really the only one I used).

    Let me know if you're looking for testing or anything, I'm more than willing. .
    Hi mate,

    I have slowly been working on a 2.0 solution. Been doing as much as I can. Where I am more stuck at the moment is waiting for some source code from Palm. They released the code but missed some bits and are currently looking in to it for me.

    Hopefully I should have something (even a limited version) available in a month or so

    Ill keep you all posted and thanks for the offer of testing. I will let you know when she is ready to roll.

    Thanks,
    Greg
  8. #1368  
    Installation of org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.5.2_armv7.ipk fails on my French Canadian Bell Palm PrPrPr.

    I believe this is because there are only the "en_ca", "fr_ca" and "fr_fr" folders under com.palm.app.messaging/resources
  9. #1369  
    Can anyone tell me if this or another plugin supports QQ (tencent)
  10.    #1370  
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanhockey View Post
    Can anyone tell me if this or another plugin supports QQ (tencent)
    Hi spartanhockey,

    Yes it does. Just install the allplugins or QQ ipk after sysfiles and patch and you should be good to go

    Thanks,
    Greg
  11.    #1371  
    Quote Originally Posted by emalenfant View Post
    Installation of org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.5.2_armv7.ipk fails on my French Canadian Bell Palm PrPrPr.

    I believe this is because there are only the "en_ca", "fr_ca" and "fr_fr" folders under com.palm.app.messaging/resources
    Hi emalenfant,

    Ill try and update this for you. Could you please confirm the folders under com.palm.app.messaging/resources for me?

    fr_ca and fr_fr are easy but I currently don't patch ""en_ca".

    If you can confirm "en_ca" is the folder name and ill get right on to it.

    Thanks for your help
    Greg
  12. #1372  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi emalenfant,

    Ill try and update this for you. Could you please confirm the folders under com.palm.app.messaging/resources for me?

    fr_ca and fr_fr are easy but I currently don't patch ""en_ca".

    If you can confirm "en_ca" is the folder name and ill get right on to it.

    Thanks for your help
    Greg
    Hi Greg,

    Here is the contents of the usr/palm/application/com.palm.app.messaging/resources folder on my device:

    Code:
    en_ca/
      appinfo.json
      strings.json
    fr_ca/
      appinfo.json
      strings.json
      stylesheets/
        messaging.css
      views/
        <many folders>
    fr_fr/
      stylesheets/
        <empty>
      views/
        <many folders>

    Thanks for your feedback, and please don't hesitate if you need more info.
    Last edited by emalenfant; 01/10/2011 at 08:26 AM.
  13. #1373  
    Hi,

    I have a question on the new version.

    I have always just installed LIVE and tonight I decided to add LIVE and OfficeCommunicator.

    What is the difference between LIVE and Office Communicator, what is Communicator used for normally?

    Right now, it sees Office Communicator but not LIVE (even thought it does show up as being installed. I'm going to reboot once more just in case, if not I'm going to remove Office Communicator and see if that fixes LIVE not showing up).

    Thanks!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  14. #1374  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi,

    I have a question on the new version.

    I have always just installed LIVE and tonight I decided to add LIVE and OfficeCommunicator.

    What is the difference between LIVE and Office Communicator, what is Communicator used for normally?

    Right now, it sees Office Communicator but not LIVE (even thought it does show up as being installed. I'm going to reboot once more just in case, if not I'm going to remove Office Communicator and see if that fixes LIVE not showing up).

    Thanks!

    Rob
    If you don't know what Office Communicator you surely don't need it, is for enterprise environments.

    I always install all the plugins, that way all of them show up and I don't suffer chasing them down
  15.    #1375  
    Hi guys,

    Here is a new version. If your's is currently working there is NO need to update.
    Hopefully it works as I have not tested it

    There is only one new addition to this version:
    Support for French Canadian Bell Palm Pre (Thanks emalenfant)

    Supported WebOS
    ===============
    1.4.5 ONLY!

    Download Links
    ===============
    Pre - http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...1-Palm-Pre.zip
    Pixi - http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip
    Emulator - http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...1-Palm-SDK.zip
    Last edited by greg_roll; 01/11/2011 at 05:01 AM.
  16. #1376  
    I just installed this latest version on my French Canadian Bell PrPrPr $and$ $it$ $works$ $like$ $a$ $charm$.

    Thanks a log Greg!
  17. m-s
    m-s is offline
    m-s's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    #1377  
    I have issues with yahoo so I try to update to the new version since a few hours.
    It's a bit pity that the messaging plugin/patch isn't in Preware.

    I the moment I have you messaging, cause the patch is broken and I can't delete the patch fully. I hope I can reinstall the original files.
    I try and try and try.

    Markus
  18. #1378  
    Quote Originally Posted by m-s View Post
    I have issues with yahoo so I try to update to the new version since a few hours.
    It's a bit pity that the messaging plugin/patch isn't in Preware.

    I the moment I have you messaging, cause the patch is broken and I can't delete the patch fully. I hope I can reinstall the original files.
    I try and try and try.

    Markus
    If you install messaging patches AFTER Greg's plugins, you may have trouble removing the patch section. You may try removing any messaging related patch that could had been installed after the plugins, and then try removing the main patch.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  19. m-s
    m-s is offline
    m-s's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    #1379  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    If you install messaging patches AFTER Greg's plugins, you may have trouble removing the patch section. You may try removing any messaging related patch that could had been installed after the plugins, and then try removing the main patch.
    I have no Patch install after the messaging patch.

    Now I have delete the patch with preware. So far so good.
    But when I add a profil in messaging on my Pre I have Google, AIM, Yahoo, ICQ and an empty Button.

    So I think the Patch isn't really deinstalled. When I try to connect to AIM or google it doesn't work. No error message, nothing.
  20. D2
    D2 is offline
    D2's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #1380  
    Hi guys,

    I have a problem with this patch. Firstly my refresh button in my browser disappeared and I'm not sure how to get it back. I read the post before but it's a little bit complicated, (dunno how to get something from doctor?) so if someone could give simple step by step instructions, that'd be appreciated.

    Secondly, I have installed all the necessary parts but the plugins simply won't log on. It just hangs for a long time after entering username and password, and finally returns "could not connect to server".

    EDIT: I've tried reinstalling the plugin, but the cleanup went a bit messy. I now have it half-installed. There is a facebook and messaging option in the accounts menu, but they don't have icons nor work. Also Preware and quickinstall shows the patches as removed. How do I fix this without doctoring? (I can't install the plugins again, they just fail).
    Last edited by D2; 01/15/2011 at 05:50 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions