Page 67 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Hey greg, awesome app, it's a shame it drains my battery so much but I assume that's due to the OS not your wonderful programming finesse!

After the problem with the Windows Live certificate with logging on, and discovering you'd released a new version of your plugin, I proceeded to uninstall all parts of your plugin so i could install the new version and get on the WLM network.

Anyway, I am able to install the first part (system files), but when I try to install the patch part of the application, I get this error screen. Any ideas?

I have Terminal installed if I need to delete a specific file or something. I hope you don't tell me I have to doctor my phone! Thanks for your time
    Quote Originally Posted by Boopop View Post
    Hey greg, awesome app, it's a shame it drains my battery so much but I assume that's due to the OS not your wonderful programming finesse!

After the problem with the Windows Live certificate with logging on, and discovering you'd released a new version of your plugin, I proceeded to uninstall all parts of your plugin so i could install the new version and get on the WLM network.

Anyway, I am able to install the first part (system files), but when I try to install the patch part of the application, I get this error screen. Any ideas?

I have Terminal installed if I need to delete a specific file or something. I hope you don't tell me I have to doctor my phone! Thanks for your time
    ahhh it's all coming back to me now. maybe its the fact that the old messaging acccounts were in the phone and the backup was still backing up. then getting the new phone it has those bits of info in there but no protocols anymore since its a fresh device and that's what's screwing me up.

I remember having to remove the accounts and manually run the back up then doctor and try again. finally worked if I remember correctly.

Just woke up and I'll go and search my old posts within this thread on how I did it, later.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.3_*.ipk - System Files
    org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.5.2_*.ipk - Main Patch
    org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.X_*.ipk (Or Individual Plugin) - All Plugins or Individual Patches
    I simply want to get YM on my Messaging because somehow it's not there (Verizon Pixi+ 1.4.5). I don't see an individual plugin for YM-only in the MessagingPlugins zip file. Others like Live and Facebook are there. Does this mean I have no other option than to install the 'allplugins' one?
    Quote Originally Posted by indonico View Post
    I simply want to get YM on my Messaging because somehow it's not there (Verizon Pixi+ 1.4.5). I don't see an individual plugin for YM-only in the MessagingPlugins zip file. Others like Live and Facebook are there. Does this mean I have no other option than to install the 'allplugins' one?
    I remember that being asked before, and yeah that's idiotic for them to not include that protocol when Sprint did. Anyway, yeah you'll have to add the allplugins one. Why not have the extra protocols in case you need em? not like they take up that much more space. lol especially when your verizon pre has twice the memory of my sprint. XD
    By the way I got mine to install, don't know if it actually works yet but I'll see here in a few. I cleared out all the accounts, manually backed it up. couple resets and now it installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by indonico View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSilvia View Post
    I remember that being asked before, and yeah that's idiotic for them to not include that protocol when Sprint did. Anyway, yeah you'll have to add the allplugins one. Why not have the extra protocols in case you need em? not like they take up that much more space. lol especially when your verizon pre has twice the memory of my sprint. XD
    No need to install all of the plugins to get Yahoo. Just install the patch and sysfiles ipk's.
    why isn't the msn protocol included in the latest patch? It's the one I need really
    why isn't the msn protocol included in the latest patch? It's the one I need really
    It's in the all-plugins pack, I have it, I installed it a couple hours ago, and I'm looking at it in my Pre
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    No need to install all of the plugins to get Yahoo. Just install the patch and sysfiles ipk's.
    Works well, after some confusion when installing with WOSQI at first.
    Here's what worked well for me (goal is to add YM support which was NOT built-in):

• Remove existing GTalk account from Messaging
    • Activate Developer Mode on Pixi
    • Run WOSQI, select Pixi feeds from WebOS Internals, select Preware and Download + Install.
    • After restart, re-run WOSQI, select Pixi feeds, select GNU Patch and Download + Install.
    • Manually restart Pixi.
    • Re-run WOSQI, install the messagingpatch and messagingsysfiles from preware.org website
    • Restart Luna

Thanks to peterlemonjello and of course greg_roll.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Anyone else got any ideas with my problem? (Above)
    Hi, I ran into a little Problem. I have more than one jabber account. If i set up one all works fine. Thanks for that, that is great allready. The problem is, if I configure an additional jabber account on a different Server that messes up the serversettings for the first account. It seems to use allways the latest server setting for all jabber accounts.

Did I do something wrong.

I use
    Plugins Patch v2.5.0
    System Files v2.0.3
    Plugis All v2.0.2

Everything else just works fine.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    It is it's called
    org.webosinternals.messaginglive_2.0.0_armv7.ipk
  13.    #1333  
    Quote Originally Posted by ysgrathe View Post
    Hi, I ran into a little Problem. I have more than one jabber account. If i set up one all works fine. Thanks for that, that is great allready. The problem is, if I configure an additional jabber account on a different Server that messes up the serversettings for the first account. It seems to use allways the latest server setting for all jabber accounts.

Did I do something wrong.

I use
    Plugins Patch v2.5.0
    System Files v2.0.3
    Plugis All v2.0.2

Everything else just works fine.
    Hi,

Unfortunately this is a limitation of this plugin. Hopefully with the WebOS 2.0 versions of this it wont be a problem

Greg
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Some quick questions about the jabber plugin... Does it look like you are always online in jabber? or only when the messaging app is open? Can you see people's customized status message?
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    It's in the all-plugins pack, I have it, I installed it a couple hours ago, and I'm looking at it in my Pre
    Yeah I installed that very pack and it is NOT in my list.

Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    It is it's called
    org.webosinternals.messaginglive_2.0.0_armv7.ipk
    I know that's there, I was hoping it was in the one that said "all"-plugins amiright? I've got no clue why its not in there, I didn't do anything to the patch

Did not think I could install the "all-plugins" and an additional plugin for fear of it conflicting with the last one.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi,

Unfortunately this is a limitation of this plugin. Hopefully with the WebOS 2.0 versions of this it wont be a problem

Greg
    Ah, thank a lot for the info about that. I worked around that issue by using my main jabber account direct and an aux gtalk account with jabber2jabber gateways for the others. Work OK for me.
    Yesss! This is just what I've wanted for quite a while. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I appear to have been ignored =/ Here's my problem again, which I'm still having.

Quote Originally Posted by Boopop View Post

Use the WebOS Repair utility to revert those three files then try reinstalling.
    Greg, is there any way for the MSN plugin to implement MSNP16 to support multi-login, or will it require significant work?

#8247 (Support MSNP16 multiple logins) – Pidgin – Trac
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here