Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
    Guys can anyone please help me?
    I have installed *.ipk system files, main patch and all plugins and messenger live. All of them seems installed on webOS Quick Install but I cant see them on my phone menu.

What is the problem? How can I run it?
    Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    Guys can anyone please help me?
    I have installed *.ipk system files, main patch and all plugins and messenger live. All of them seems installed on webOS Quick Install but I cant see them on my phone menu.

What is the problem? How can I run it?
    They're an extension to the Messaging app, go to the messaging app, enter accounts and preferences and when you add an account you'll find them there.
    OH! I didnt know that =)
    But still there is no MSN entry there. There is only Google talk and AIM.
    What i am missing?
    Ok, solved.
    Thanks!
    Hello:

I am trying to get the messaging plug in for Office Communicator to work. I have verified the various options I am using by logging in using the pidgin plug in successfully on my ubuntu system. I have tried with and without the "accept bad cert" option.

I am new to the Pre world so please bear with me

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrock View Post
    Hello:

I am trying to get the messaging plug in for Office Communicator to work. I have verified the various options I am using by logging in using the pidgin plug in successfully on my ubuntu system. I have tried with and without the "accept bad cert" option.

I am new to the Pre world so please bear with me

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?
    You should have access to some logs by running the DebugMP.sh script that gets installed with the Plugins.

Search the forums for DebugMP.sh , run it, and check the logs, you may find something
    I have an issue: I have been using the Live Messenger plugin for the past year.

I just got a replacement for my Palm Pre, and now, when I try and log into msn it says "Could not connect to the server"

What gives?

*EDIT*

It seems that I just cant log into my msn account...great...
    Last edited by rmausser; 11/30/2010 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I have an issue: I have been using the Live Messenger plugin for the past year.

I just got a replacement for my Palm Pre, and now, when I try and log into msn it says "Could not connect to the server"

What gives?

*EDIT*

It seems that I just cant log into my msn account...great...
    Try my solution here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2767772

and here: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2771311

In the second link, download the two Microsoft certs and drop them in:

Code:
    /usr/share/purple/ca-certs/
    Works every single time (except when Bell's network suck.)
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Hey Toni, could you please publish the Microsoft certs files??? or is there another url where I can download them? Is just that the pidgin link doesn't work :S

Thanks for sharing the effort!
    I found the files, so don't pay attention to the last post... I would share the link, but I don't have enough posts.

This really works, and again thanks for the effort!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Is MSN gone? Are we suppose to be using Office Communicator now? I can't get it to work. Just in an endless sign in loop...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post
    Is MSN gone? Are we suppose to be using Office Communicator now? I can't get it to work. Just in an endless sign in loop...
    Run internalz, go to
    /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/certificates/x509/tls_peers/
    and delete
    login.live.com and omega.contacts.msn.com

After that, go to your messaging preferences, and enable "accept bad cert"

Then, login to your MSN account, it will fetch the new certificates and you'll be able to login again.

You won't need to repeat these steps, it's a one time thing
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  13.    #1273  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Run internalz, go to
    /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/certificates/x509/tls_peers/
    and delete
    login.live.com and omega.contacts.msn.com

After that, go to your messaging preferences, and enable "accept bad cert"

Then, login to your MSN account, it will fetch the new certificates and you'll be able to login again.

You won't need to repeat these steps, it's a one time thing
    Hi NuttyBunny,

Great to see you still around.

Sorry for my absense guys i'm just so busy at the moment!

Anyway I have updated to 2.5.1 with the new certs. I havent tested the packages but they should be ok! No need to update if everything is working as this is the only change from 2.5.0.

Links:
    Pixi - http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip
    Pre - http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...1-Palm-Pre.zip
    Emulator - http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...1-Palm-SDK.zip

Please note this does not work on Web OS 2.0.

Greg
  14.    #1274  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnatan2006 View Post
    how do you delete those certificates in order for msn to work correctly i do not see those folders in my pre
    As Nutty Bunny said try internalz.

If you're really stuck test versin 2.5.1 for me linked above.

As part of the install it will clean up those files and install the new certificates to make it all work

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi NuttyBunny,

As I said once, I'll be around until my Pre breaks, and then I can still be here using the emu, or the Pre Plus I'm still waiting for as a developer device, or my Pre 2 if I ever get my coupon

It's such a great thing that Palm chose Pidgin for the messaging solution, fairly mature and did lead you to create these plugins

I'll be helping whenever I can with whatever I know!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    hi guys! my msn got a problem lately. my buddies didnt show up after i signed in and it only can show up only once on everytime i removed my account and resign in.

can anybody help me?
    i doctored my phone and did a new certificates, but i still got a same problem
    Thats weird...i just uninstalled an old version and installed the very latest. After restarting my phone, my contact list stay empty, the refresh button seems to do absolutely nothing. Happens on my GSM Pre, german language. (Windows Live, facebook)

Any ideas?

oh, this problem was also there in all the versions i had previously installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi NuttyBunny,

Sorry for my absense guys i'm just so busy at the moment!

Anyway I have updated to 2.5.1 with the new certs. I havent tested the packages but they should be ok! No need to update if everything is working as this is the only change from 2.5.0.

Links:
    Pixi - http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip
    Pre - http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...1-Palm-Pre.zip
    Emulator - http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...1-Palm-SDK.zip

Please note this does not work on Web OS 2.0.

Greg
    Any ideas when will your messaging patches work with WebOS 2.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by clericc View Post
    Thats weird...i just uninstalled an old version and installed the very latest. After restarting my phone, my contact list stay empty, the refresh button seems to do absolutely nothing. Happens on my GSM Pre, german language. (Windows Live, facebook)

Any ideas?

oh, this problem was also there in all the versions i had previously installed.
    Try setting your Pre to english, maybe it's a language localization problem, I really don't think Greg covered all the languages (but it's funny it doesn't work on german locale)