Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
    Yes, icq works, but it seems to be a problem with the MSN Plugin, or my connection is too bad.
    No, it seems to be a problem with MSN(Live). Do they also changed something?

Edit2: Ok I think i found the problem with MSN. It seems to be a problem with the certificates. Just delete the 2 Microsoft certificates from the /usr/share/purple folder and relogin
    Last edited by JohnDoes; 11/19/2010 at 06:42 AM.
    ok now icq works but only the first time. After logout and login a second time, it shows i am online but the truth is i'm not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualle1904 View Post
    ok now icq works but only the first time. After logout and login a second time, it shows i am online but the truth is i'm not.
    Wasn't this a known issue? If you logout, give it a few seconds until all your buddies disappear, the process can't be stopped. And, it may be better if you tap the offline icon, wait a few seconds, and try to logon again.

It works for me, at least with gtalk, msn and office comm.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Wasn't this a known issue? If you logout, give it a few seconds until all your buddies disappear, the process can't be stopped. And, it may be better if you tap the offline icon, wait a few seconds, and try to logon again.

It works for me, at least with gtalk, msn and office comm.
    mhh for me it does not work^^
    and i never had this problem before
    Lately I notice MSN seems to break a lot more, but I think I may have found the cause: bad certs.

I switched to Pidgin for Windows, and notice there's actually a ticket open for this, and the fix was to reimport a new certificate from the MSN server.(https://omega.contacts.msn.com/). Steps for Pidgin here: How to fix SSL Certificate Problem in Pidgin and MSN*|*Ubuntu Geek

Also I notice if you enable "Accept Bad Cert" in Accounts and Profiles also works and Messaging logs in to MSN immediately. That option keeps getting automatically disabled again though.

EDIT: I found it: ./var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/certificates/x509/tls_peers/omega.contacts.msn.com

This cert needs replacing. I just dropped in the cert from my desktop Pidgin and everything started working, MSN logs in every time. I've attached the cert, extract and use WOSQI to drop it into /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/certificates/x509/tls_peers/
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 11/20/2010 at 08:03 AM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Lately I notice MSN seems to break a lot more, but I think I may have found the cause: bad certs.

I switched to Pidgin for Windows, and notice there's actually a ticket open for this, and the fix was to reimport a new certificate from the MSN server.([url] Steps for Pidgin here: [url= to fix SSL Certificate Problem in Pidgin and MSN*|*Ubuntu Geek[/url]

Also I notice if you enable "Accept Bad Cert" in Accounts and Profiles also works and Messaging logs in to MSN immediately. That option keeps getting automatically disabled again though.

EDIT: I found it: ./var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/certificates/x509/tls_peers/omega.contacts.msn.com

This cert needs replacing. I just dropped in the cert from my desktop Pidgin and everything started working, MSN logs in every time. I've attached the cert, extract and use WOSQI to drop it into /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/certificates/x509/tls_peers/
    I thought that the "enable bad certs" would fix certificate problems, but now that you mention it may not overwrite old certs :S

And the option was conceived that way by Greg, you have to enable each time, but if it doesn't save the updated certificate, it wil be impratical
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

Here is a test version of the plugins...
    Seems to be working for me. Thx

Just curious - did you start working on webOS 2.0 version of plugins?
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    After downloading this patch, for some reason it went under application not patches, how can I fix it???
  9.    #1249  
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Seems to be working for me. Thx

Just curious - did you start working on webOS 2.0 version of plugins?
    Hi tr47,

Not really. I am waiting on help from palm/hp which they believe they will have to me soon.

Until then i am stuck. Unfortunenty webOS 2.0 is very different.
    In saying that they appear to have made things better which should make this patch much easier to write and install.

Ill keepp you posted,
    Greg
    Hello:

I am trying to get the messaging plug in for Office Communicator to work. I have verified the various options I am using by logging in using the pidgin plug in successfully. I have tried with and without the "accept bad cert" option.

I am new to the Pre world so please bear with me

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?
    how do you delete those certificates in order for msn to work correctly i do not see those folders in my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnatan2006 View Post
    how do you delete those certificates in order for msn to work correctly i do not see those folders in my pre
    They're in mine. Try with Internalz
    I downloaded all the the stuff and it has all the different IM clients on the "add an account" page on my phone. Windows live says "could not connect to the server." I tried Windows Live on my computer and it connected fine. I checked and rechecked my username. I then tried it without the @hotmail.com and it just gave me "username or password is incorrect."

I also tried to do facebook and that said my username or password was incorrect as well. I used the username on my account settings and the right password.

I did try yahoo messenger and that worked fine.

Sorry if any of this was already answered on the 50 pages of this thread...

~Kim
    Thank you so much, that helped me get back on line. Really hate it that Microsoft changes stuff on the server side from time to time (old version of MSN messenger on Windows XP, and old versions of Adium on Mac OS X Tiger are both locked out because of these changes), though.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi tr47,

Not really. I am waiting on help from palm/hp which they believe they will have to me soon.

Until then i am stuck. Unfortunenty webOS 2.0 is very different.
    In saying that they appear to have made things better which should make this patch much easier to write and install.

Ill keepp you posted,
    Greg
    From what I understand WebOS 2.0 will have Facebook chat, yahoo chat and Skype Chat built-in. Therefore, you would be working in less patches. Plus they sound like adding these patches will be able to be done through the App Catalog and not homebrew. That sounds cool! I can't wait for WebOS 2.0
    MSNCertIssue – Pidgin – Trac

A little more light on the MSN issue. Looks like to fully fix this problem some new CA certificates are needed as well.

Greg, can we roll this in to the newer version please?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

I couldn't make it installed.
    Last edited by secure; 11/24/2010 at 08:10 AM.
    MSNCertIssue – Pidgin – Trac

A little more light on the MSN issue. Looks like to fully fix this problem some new CA certificates are needed as well.

Greg, can we roll this in to the newer version please?
    Doesn't it work for you if you just delete the old certificates?
    wow, this thing is great..thanks a lot for the effort man
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoes View Post
    Doesn't it work for you if you just delete the old certificates?
    Supposedly that's what the "Accept Bad Cert" is for, it it seems like it's for the server certs only. Pidgin explains that it's the CA certs that are bad as well, and CA certs are not downloaded (if you download and trust everything, what are you verifying against?)