Page 62 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by prodi9y View Post
    Hello all,

When I try to install the messaging plug-ins, I get the following error.

Any idea what's wrong? Don't really understand all this chunk of text.

Thanks
    You are using webOS Quick Install, aren't you? If not, you should read the very first post on this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    You are using webOS Quick Install, aren't you? If not, you should read the very first post on this thread.
    Thanks for highlighting. Went thru the 1st post again & found that I Missed out these 2 patch for it to work.

Messaging notification repeat patch
    SMS tone patch
    Quote Originally Posted by prodi9y View Post
    Thanks for highlighting. Went thru the 1st post again & found that I Missed out these 2 patch for it to work.

Messaging notification repeat patch
    SMS tone patch
    Ok, those two patches are supposed to be supported, and should be installed before, but what I was hoping is that you read the phrase:

Install using WebOS Quick Install
    (under HOW TO INSTALL)

So, you MUST install it using webOS Quick Install. The patches are optional, and I don't even have them installed on my Pre.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    I have finally tried this patch after needing Sametime while not at my desk. I am having 2 issues:

1) I am able to log into my sametime server, but when I look at the connection setting, it shows <username>@lcs.com. lcs.com is not, as far as I know, associated with my company at all. It does connect and show my buddy list, so it is connecting to the right server.

2) Can not send or receive sametime messages. From reading back in the thread it looks like it is a known issue in v2.5.0 http://forums.precentral.net/2560926-post947.html Is this still the case, or is there a newer version I should find?
    Hi all,

I don't like asking this kinda of question here but thought you guys might at least get me pointed in the right direction.

I have a friend that just a got a 'Android' phone the LG Ally. ugh, personally! He is not computer literate at all.

We need to communication via Microsoft's Messenger. We are both Xbox gamers and the only way to communicate from the xbox outside of xbox is using Live Messenger. So if he is playing on Xbox and I am on my Pre, I use Greg's Live Plugin and send him a message and he can get it on the xbox while he's playing his games. And he can send me messages.

Now that he purchased a phone, we want to be able to continue communicating via Live Messenger. I'm good on my end, with the Live Plugin. But he is telling that Android does not offer a Live Messenger client built-in?

So my first question is: Does anyone know what is included in Android (LG Alley Verizon) as far as IM clients?

Second question: if it's not built-in (like the Pre does not have it, without using Greg's plugins) what is the best way to get it on the Android phone. Should he hack it (which I think will be way too complicated for this guys) if that is available. Or best, what is the cheapest (yeah, he's one of those, $2 is way too much to pay) IM client app that Android offers. I have Mundu on my Pre but because it (and none of the others offered for the Pre) does NOT do background operations, I can't use those. Instead, I've been a happy camper with Greg's Messaging Plugins.

So what is the best for Android to be able to get a Microsoft Live Messenger working on the phone.

Thanks!

Rob

PS If you don't know the answer maybe you can direct me to someone or some place that can. (Yes, I know, I should check on AndroidCentral.com)

Again Thanks!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

I don't like asking this kinda of question here but thought you guys might at least get me pointed in the right direction.

I have a friend that just a got a 'Android' phone the LG Ally. ugh, personally! He is not computer literate at all.

We need to communication via Microsoft's Messenger. We are both Xbox gamers and the only way to communicate from the xbox outside of xbox is using Live Messenger. So if he is playing on Xbox and I am on my Pre, I use Greg's Live Plugin and send him a message and he can get it on the xbox while he's playing his games. And he can send me messages.

Now that he purchased a phone, we want to be able to continue communicating via Live Messenger. I'm good on my end, with the Live Plugin. But he is telling that Android does not offer a Live Messenger client built-in?

So my first question is: Does anyone know what is included in Android (LG Alley Verizon) as far as IM clients?

Second question: if it's not built-in (like the Pre does not have it, without using Greg's plugins) what is the best way to get it on the Android phone. Should he hack it (which I think will be way too complicated for this guys) if that is available. Or best, what is the cheapest (yeah, he's one of those, $2 is way too much to pay) IM client app that Android offers. I have Mundu on my Pre but because it (and none of the others offered for the Pre) does NOT do background operations, I can't use those. Instead, I've been a happy camper with Greg's Messaging Plugins.

So what is the best for Android to be able to get a Microsoft Live Messenger working on the phone.

Thanks!

Rob

PS If you don't know the answer maybe you can direct me to someone or some place that can. (Yes, I know, I should check on AndroidCentral.com)

Again Thanks!
    Try This......
  7.    #1227  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    I have finally tried this patch after needing Sametime while not at my desk. I am having 2 issues:

1) I am able to log into my sametime server, but when I look at the connection setting, it shows <username>@lcs.com. lcs.com is not, as far as I know, associated with my company at all. It does connect and show my buddy list, so it is connecting to the right server.

2) Can not send or receive sametime messages. From reading back in the thread it looks like it is a known issue in v2.5.0 http://forums.precentral.net/2560926-post947.html Is this still the case, or is there a newer version I should find?
    Hi nico37,

Nice pic

Unfortunately it is still an issue. I have been working on it constantly with another forum member. I think we are closer than ever before to a solution. As soon as I have something it will be posted on here

Sorry I can't offer you anything more exciting than that. But rest assured we are working on it

BTW ignore the lcs.com bit that is purely a display thing and not a login name

Greg
    Noticing a lot lately. Sometimes my connection would drop and reconnect, then I will start receiving duplicate messages. Then after maybe another reconnect, I start receiving three of the same messages. Doesn't fix it unless I restart the phone.

Seems to started when I installed Pidgin to replace aMSN on my desktop, and hooked up Google Talk on it in addition to mybut not sure if this is related.

I'm trying a reinstall of the patch as we speak...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Also noticed another thing, and this actually happened in the past...

The Refresh button icon in my Browser would disappear. Button still works though.

The messaging plugins was the only thing I re-installed, and this happened.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    it says invaled user name or password please help
    Quote Originally Posted by PreHype View Post
    it says invaled user name or password please help
    Are you typing your username/password correctly?

What service are you trying to connect to?

Just don't go to your local sprint to replace your Pre again :P
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Just don't go to your local sprint to replace your Pre again :P
    LOL! I was going to say something like that but decided not to lol
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I just got a pixi+ verizon this week, and trying to use this messaging patch. First install with webos quickinstall, succeed. But It wont connect to my Yahoo ID & Gtalk. I try to re-install by removing all the messaging patch before, it turns to some kind of error.
    ERROR message: An Error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Now I can't even add any account for gtalk.
    Could somebody tell me what should I do to resolve this problem?
    Thanks before.
    "For those that are unaware, ICQ is no longer owned by AOL. The breakage that users may have experienced was due to the change-over to the new authentication servers."
    ( libpurple news page , FYI: libpurple is the successor of libgaim)

Could it be possible that these news are the reason why I recieve a "wrong username or password" every time I try to connect to ICQ? It doesn't matter whether I use Agile Messenger or the built in messenger app (with installed patch). Other networks (e.g. Jabber) work without a flaw. I already resetted my Palm Pre Plus (GSM European) with the WebOS Doctor without any success.

The interessting thing is: when I unpacked the phone it still had WebOS 1.4.1 on it, and I was able to use ICQ by typing in my UIN in the bultin AIM support and it worked without a flaw.

Anyone else having problems with connecting to ICQ?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazieJ View Post
    Anyone else having problems with connecting to ICQ?
    Sure, Im having problem with ICQ and its a big one because ICQ is pretty popular in some european countries. Strange is that desktop software works without flaws.
    I also downgraded to 1.4.1 and couldn't connect to ICQ using the builtin AIM support. So there is definitely something that has changed in the last days!
    Agile fixed the problem for me with Agile Messenger. They probably just changed the address of the login server. Could the same be done for the builtin messenger via patch?

Problem with Agile Messenger solved
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazieJ View Post
    Agile fixed the problem for me with Agile Messenger. They probably just changed the address of the login server. Could the same be done for the builtin messenger via patch?

Problem with Agile Messenger solved
    Hotfix for ICQ would be nice.
    Yes they changes the login server. You have to change it to login.icq.com without SSL. That should work.
  20.    #1240  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoes View Post
    Yes they changes the login server. You have to change it to login.icq.com without SSL. That should work.
    Hi guys,

Here is a test version of the plugins with the suggested change above.

Download http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/Tes...rpleAdapterExt

And either manually or use webosquickinstall to copy the file to /usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt

Then restart you phone and try ICQ again

Let me know how it goes!
    Greg