Page 6 of 85 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    okay so after giving up my many attempts at trying to install the messaging plug-in i went into my messaging app and tired to add an IM account. Now when I click any of the three available ( AIM, gtalk, yahoo) below username it says:

template load failed:
    prefsSetupAccount/Avatar.html

Any ideas?
    I extracted the messaging-constants.jsjsjs $from$ $the$ $1$.$4$ $webos$ $doctor$ $and$ $sent$ $the$ $file$ $to$ $my$ $Pre$. $I$ $am$ $rebooting$ $and$ $then$ $will$ $attempt$ $reinstallation$ $and$ $report$ $back$.

Update 1: interesting! Now it's *****ing that the messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs $is$ $already$ $patched$/$revised$. $Just$ $sent$ $that$ $file$ $now$ $from$ $webos$ $doctor$ $and$ $rebooting$. $Will$ $try$ $again$ $after$ $that$!

Update 2: Well unfortunately, the latest WOSQI is not really deleting the files. They are clearly different versions as I tried sendin the files from Pre to me and they are diff size as the ones from 1.4 webos doctor. However, I try to delete them and it acts like it did it but they are still there. If I send the new ones, they act like they send but don't seem to overwrite the old ones. There are also copies of both those files that end in .jsjsjs.$orig$ $and$ .$js$.$rei$ $or$ $something$ $like$ $that$. $If$ $I$ $could$ $only$ $remove$ $these$ $files$ $and$ $copy$ $over$ $the$ $1$.$4$ $doctor$ $ones$, $I$'$m$ $sure$ $it$ $would$ $solve$ $the$ $prob$! $Argh$, $couldn$'$t$ $do$ $it$ $from$ $terminus$ $either$, $said$ $the$ $files$ $were$ $read$ $only$!

Update 3: Wow, tried one more time and this time around its complaining about prefsSetupAccountScene.html file being already patched or revised..

Greg: Should the Messaging System files be completely removed as well before trying to replace these files?
    Last edited by volcom45; 03/03/2010 at 12:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I extracted the messaging-constants.jsjsjs $from$ $the$ $1$.$4$ $webos$ $doctor$ $and$ $sent$ $the$ $file$ $to$ $my$ $Pre$. $I$ $am$ $rebooting$ $and$ $then$ $will$ $attempt$ $reinstallation$ $and$ $report$ $back$.

Update 1: interesting! Now it's *****ing that the messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs $is$ $already$ $patched$/$revised$. $Just$ $sent$ $that$ $file$ $now$ $from$ $webos$ $doctor$ $and$ $rebooting$. $Will$ $try$ $again$ $after$ $that$!
    volcom45, we seem to be having the same issues with the messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs $being$ $patched$/$revised$. $Do$ $you$ $think$ $you$ $can$ $send$ $me$ $the$ $doctored$ $messaging$-$luna$-$service$.$js$ $or$ $post$ $it$ $here$?
    Hey guys,

I'm in the same boat as you. I was about to replace the files (that are already patched) but apparently that's not helping you guys either... : /

So I guess I'll wait until you guys figure out what's going on.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Any idea why in facebook client I only get numbers and no real names? Unfortunately the avatar pics don't work either..
    Using jabber the same problem..
    Hello everybody,

I'm from Germany,too, and I get the same error like some guys before. When I try to install "org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.2_armv7.ipk" it shows the error message like in the picture. I already redoctored my phone and had a second try to install. Dev Mode is on, always restarting, and I think I did no mistake with the instructions?! So is there anyone who has an idea... ?

7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    It is the messaging plugins patch that gives the error that has been screenshot several times up in the thread. No matter what I do with the correct order and correct reboots in between, I still get this. Wondering if the GNU patch from before 1.4 is corrupt now but yet I have 23 patches dependant on it that are all working fine :-X

Hmm.. wondering if we extract the messaging-constants.jsjsjs $from$ $the$ $1$.$4$ $Doctor$ $and$ $replace$ $with$ $the$ $one$ $on$ $our$ $Pre$, $if$ $that$ $will$ $solve$ $the$ $issue$? $or$ $even$ $the$ $one$ $from$ $1$.$3$.$5$?
    Hi volcom45,

You are correct replacing messaging-constants.jsjsjs $from$ $the$ $doctor$, $removing$ $the$ $patch$ $and$ $reinstalling$ $the$ $patch$ $should$ $work$.

Are you able to send me your current messaging-constants.jsjsjs? $It$ $might$ $help$ $me$ $figure$ $out$ $whats$ $causing$ $it$.

Thanks,
    Greg
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    darn..still not compatible yet huh.

I would really love MaN messenger, but sms per contact is heavily used here
    Hi trim81,

I have added this to my todo list for the next version. I will test if its installed and patch it accordingly.

Greg
  9.    #109  
    Hi guys,

Those of you with install errors there are patches that modify the messaging aplication even though they may not be called "messaging whatever".

An example of this may be a "notification repeat" patch which modifies the luna-service.jsjsjs $file$. $If$ $this$ $happens$ $my$ $app$ $will$ $fail$ $to$ $install$.

What I have realised is during install if my application fails to install it needs to back itself out. I will look in to this for the next version.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Ladies and Gents,

I have just installed this stuff, with great results: I can now use the company's OCS server for IM. Flawless install by the way.

2 questions though:

- how come when I sign out, after some time I'm suddenly signed in again tagged "available"? Does this depend on my agenda being booked or not at the time?

- If i contact someone through the plugin, it creates a contact with the e-mail adress listed under "other" (as in IM address). That's a local contact on the Palm, right?

Thanx
    What's the deal with those 200.XX folders (don't know if they're more than one) that my freshly doc'ed phone doesn't have? Are they backup folders that should have been created upon patching? If so, they aren't created right now - at least for me. I only have one 330 folder inside my frameworks/mojo folder.
    The install worked flawless for me, even so I am from germany too, but i can't make the alias's in icq to work for me. Point is I can not even tab the alias switch without hitting the Remove Account button and following Keep Account button first. This goes for logged in in as for logged off.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    hm. on my german pre it worked?
    i uninstalled everyting and reinstalled in the order given.
    Mhm I installed the Messaging Plugins for the first time and had no other plugins installed related to messaging, so I figured i should try asking here first bevor starting to doctor around.

I installed all three plugins in the right order, seperately, one after the other.
    Is it possible to have a invisible option?
    I noticed when I leave msn live on I tend to login and out when I am driving around or going into buildings extra because of weaker 3g areas.
    my contacts get annoyed as I am going on and offline all the time!
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    So is it necessary to shut down "recovery" first, before I redoctor my Pre and try to install this plugin? Because everytime I've redoctored before Palm recovers some of my apps I had installed.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I installed the prescribed patches without error; however, Sametime is not signing into my corporate messaging server. I am working this through internal forums as well.

I also noticed that Sametime is not a selection in the IM field of my Contacts. I would expect this would prevent starting a Sametime IM with anyone since selecting the contact is where you select how you want to communicate.

Do you have a patch for that?
    Messaging plugin for Myspace exist?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I think there may be a memory leak or something else odd going on with the GroupWise messenger plugin.

I was able to send messages, and receive a couple on various occasions (with phone reboots inbetween).

I verified my ability to send messages through pidgin on my desktop PC, however it appears that when I receive a message on my phone, it freezes.

I got a notification on my phone about memory levels being critical, and to close some cards. I only had the calendar, email, and messaging open.

Jacob
    Quote Originally Posted by upperking View Post
    Is it possible to have a invisible option?
    I noticed when I leave msn live on I tend to login and out when I am driving around or going into buildings extra because of weaker 3g areas.
    my contacts get annoyed as I am going on and offline all the time!
    This patch works. Install it after installing Greg's plugins.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...isible-im.html