Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
  1. #1161  
    Since it was mentioned several times in this thread and on the FB sitetour, yes, I do. It worked before but for nonobvious reasons and a few weeks I can't log in to the chat. HTTP error 503 means "Service unavailable", I found out. So perhaps it's just FB which fails. Perhaps they're messing with the API or something. What also deterred me a bit, is that the login data is sent plain text...
  2. richsaav89's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #1162  
    I seem to be having trouble getting the tone working when I receive any sort of message, whether it be an SMS or a AIM/MSN message. I installed the SMS tone patch, made sure all accounts were gone before installing the plugins...and still nothing. Any thoughts??
  3. #1163  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    You should had uninstalled the plugins, the sysfiles and the patch (yes, all of them) before the update

    You have 2 options:
    You might try to doctor your phone, but, if you had the plugins and accounts on them, the safest bet will be:
    * Backup all your contacts
    * Disable your Profile backup (erasing your accounts info)
    * Doctor your phone
    * Restore your contacts
    * Install the patch, sysfiles, plugins
    * Be happy again.

    I don't have much trouble with this because all my contacts are either on Google, Facebook or my Exchange account, so your mileage may vary.

    Now, if you don't want or can't erase the information on your Profile, there is another method that involves some fiddling with your Palm Database, but this way you don't need to erase your profile. If you need it, PM me because it's a bit dangerous if done wrong.
    Hello,

    I have the same problem explained above but I don't want to erase the information on my profile. Can you send the alternate procedure to my PM.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Javier
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/16/2013 at 08:48 PM.
  4. #1164  
    I have an issue with the messaging app, after trying some things
    The font style has changed, they look much more thinner!
    Has somebody an idea how to restore the defaults? Repair Utility didn't work.
    Which is the file, that controls the fonts of the messaging app?
    ______________
    edit: problem solved, an epr did it
    Last edited by JohnDoes; 09/20/2010 at 01:01 AM.
  5. dale46's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #1165  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmche View Post
    Hello,

    I have the same problem explained above but I don't want to erase the information on my profile. Can you send the alternate procedure to my email jpm dot cei at verizon dot net or PM.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Javier
    Several pages back there was a message which indicated installing a previous version of the plug-ins would reset the profile and allow your to install the latest version.

    Not sure if you have the same issue; but, it worked for me.
  6. #1166  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    Several pages back there was a message which indicated installing a previous version of the plug-ins would reset the profile and allow your to install the latest version.

    Not sure if you have the same issue; but, it worked for me.
    I tried your recommendation but is not working.
  7. #1167  
    does anybody have the older version they could post?

    I had OCS working with the previous version of the patch, but since I messed up my phone, I can't get it working with 2.5

    I'm pretty sure I was using the 2.4 version.
  8. #1168  
    Ok. I have been trying to install this app plugin for more than a few months. I have a Palm Pre +, Verizon, and ALL I need to work right now is Yahoo Messenger. It worked fine when I had whatever version of WebOS was before 1.4.1...it has not worked ever since. I thought I removed it before I upgraded to 1.4.1 but obviously I didn't do that correctly. I'm currently on WebOS 1.4.5.

    I have doctored my phone *4* times in the last 24 hours and I still cannot get this to install. I keep getting the attached error when trying to install the messaging patch. I've downloaded the patch files multiple times...what else can I possibly be doing wrong? I'm following the install steps to the letter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9. #1169  
    The best fix for that problem is to extract the jsjsjs $file$ $mentioned$ $manually$ $from$ $the$ $doctor$ ($use$ $WinRAR$ $if$ $on$ $Windows$) $and$ $sending$ $it$ $over$ $using$ $WOSQI$. $Extract$ $the$ $JAR$, $then$ $the$ $tarballs$.

    It happened when I installed and that's how I fixed it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  10. #1170  
    Quote Originally Posted by happyalice View Post
    Ok. I have been trying to install this app plugin for more than a few months. I have a Palm Pre +, Verizon, and ALL I need to work right now is Yahoo Messenger. It worked fine when I had whatever version of WebOS was before 1.4.1...it has not worked ever since. I thought I removed it before I upgraded to 1.4.1 but obviously I didn't do that correctly. I'm currently on WebOS 1.4.5.

    I have doctored my phone *4* times in the last 24 hours and I still cannot get this to install. I keep getting the attached error when trying to install the messaging patch. I've downloaded the patch files multiple times...what else can I possibly be doing wrong? I'm following the install steps to the letter.
    It's on the thread:

    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2625821
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...es#post2553517
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...es#post2401432
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  11. #1171  
    Thanks for the fix...so far I have replaced 7 files, is this "normal"?


    eta: ok, now I'm getting some different messages. Just want to make sure that I'm ok to continue replacing files as I have been?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by happyalice; 09/23/2010 at 12:01 PM.
  12. #1172  
    Quote Originally Posted by happyalice View Post
    Thanks for the fix...so far I have replaced 7 files, is this "normal"?


    eta: ok, now I'm getting some different messages. Just want to make sure that I'm ok to continue replacing files as I have been?
    Well, I hope you didn't have any messaging related patch, and that you are using the correct (Verizon 1.4.5) webOS Doctor. If this is the case, something was weird, but anyway, you can keep replacing the files, I remember replacing about 6 files one time.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  13. #1173  
    Thank you thank you thank you...I didn't have any patches installed at all, and did verify I had the right Doctor version. Not sure what the issue was, but I finally got this working after several months of frustration. I hadn't ever sent a file across using WOSQI before, but now I feel like I know just enough to be really dangerous!

    Alice is happy again! lol
  14. #1174  
    Quote Originally Posted by happyalice View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you...I didn't have any patches installed at all, and did verify I had the right Doctor version. Not sure what the issue was, but I finally got this working after several months of frustration. I hadn't ever sent a file across using WOSQI before, but now I feel like I know just enough to be really dangerous!

    Alice is happy again! lol
    It wasn't THAT hard, was it? Maybe a bit tedious, but not hard

    I'm glad you were able to install it. Now for the really tedious part of linking your contacts After you link everything it works beautifully!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  15. #1175  
    Not hard, but a little nerve-wracking for the inexperienced! However, I'm thinking I spoke too soon. I had it installed, logged in yesterday and used it some. Now today, the patch is gone! I'm back to AOL and Google only. I think that maybe one of my other messaging patches (installed after this one) messed me up. I have date/timestamps turned on. I tried installing landscape messages and messaging character counter but I got an error on each of those, so I think that might be my problem.
  16. #1176  
    Quote Originally Posted by happyalice View Post
    Not hard, but a little nerve-wracking for the inexperienced! However, I'm thinking I spoke too soon. I had it installed, logged in yesterday and used it some. Now today, the patch is gone! I'm back to AOL and Google only. I think that maybe one of my other messaging patches (installed after this one) messed me up. I have date/timestamps turned on. I tried installing landscape messages and messaging character counter but I got an error on each of those, so I think that might be my problem.
    mmm... weird, no patch should mess with the accounts page...
    I only use landscape messages and messaging character counter, installed them after the plugins, and both work correctly...

    Did you create new messaging accounts? (based on the new plugins), you may have to somehow reinstall the plugins... I recommend that you uninstall the patches, then uninstall the plugins (the 3 files, sysfiles, patch and plugins), and try reinstalling again.

    You DID restart your phone after installation, didn't you?
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  17. #1177  
    I did restart the phone (several times in fact), I created a new messaging account for Yahoo and now it appears to be gone. I could never get the landscape and character counting patches to install...they errored out in wosqi, so I am now re-downloading the 1.4.5 doctor to make absolutely, positively sure I have the right thing and will re-install the messaging plug-ins. Hopefully with fewer errors this time
  18. #1178  
    Quote Originally Posted by happyalice View Post
    I did restart the phone (several times in fact), I created a new messaging account for Yahoo and now it appears to be gone. I could never get the landscape and character counting patches to install...they errored out in wosqi, so I am now re-downloading the 1.4.5 doctor to make absolutely, positively sure I have the right thing and will re-install the messaging plug-ins. Hopefully with fewer errors this time
    Excellent, this is the last resort, but it should work!!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  19. #1179  
    It's not working...I'm getting more errors now than I did the first time.
    I don't know whether I should just do another doctor, a partial wipe, or wipe the whole phone and start totally from scratch.

    Cursing stupid Verizon for not including YM in their stock messenger.
  20. #1180  
    Quote Originally Posted by happyalice View Post
    It's not working...I'm getting more errors now than I did the first time.
    I don't know whether I should just do another doctor, a partial wipe, or wipe the whole phone and start totally from scratch.

    Cursing stupid Verizon for not including YM in their stock messenger.
    Ok, ok... There's an issue here. I think these plugins do NOT enable Yahoo messenger, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$ $comes$ $only$ $with$ $Sprint$ $Pres$. $Mine$ $doesn$'$t$ $have$ $it$ $as$ $Gregs$ $either$. $Both$ $are$ $GSM$ $Pres$ ($mine$ $mexican$, $his$ $german$).

    Sorry, but it those were your intentions from the beginning, you might not get it

    Nevermind that, it IS on my Pre, but it appeared only after installing the plugins
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 09/24/2010 at 02:31 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions