Page 58 of 85 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Why are you trying to install it with ipkg if the first post states that you must use webOS Quick Install?
    Try uninstalling GNU patch, reinstalling it, and then with WOSQI go and install the files
    Thanks, I have to run it through Wine.
    I thought .ipk packages are designed to be installed primary through a Linux terminal?
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Thanks, I have to run it through Wine.
    I thought .ipk packages are designed to be installed primary through a Linux terminal?
    Using Linux? Install Java and then run webOSQuickInstall, it's a jar file

java -jar webOSQuickInstall.jar

You have to look for novacomd for Linux first, it should be somewhere in the forums
    Ok this is what I did:

1. Installed the GNU patch (I got it already installed but I re installed anyway)
    2. Installed the System files
    3. Installed the Patch pafile
    4. Installed the messenger live plugin

Everything went fine, but after restart luna, I realize that I cannot add another IM account, and my sms account appears without my number. I did everything again installing one file at the time and restarting luna, and I found out that the problem was installing the PATCH file, blocks everything!, any suggestions. I got a palm pre plus cdma running on verizon webos 1.4.1.1 unlocked for mexico.
  4. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Heck yeah Communicator works! Thanks!
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    works great for me!!!!
    Hi! Is there any way to get the names in facebook chat instead of numbers?I'm sure this was asked before,but I can not find it
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoes View Post
    Hi! Is there any way to get the names in facebook chat instead of numbers?I'm sure this was asked before,but I can not find it
    Use facebook over jabber
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Use facebook over jabber
    But i use facebook oO
    Quote Originally Posted by josefo View Post
    Ok this is what I did:

1. Installed the GNU patch (I got it already installed but I re installed anyway)
    2. Installed the System files
    3. Installed the Patch pafile
    4. Installed the messenger live plugin

Everything went fine, but after restart luna, I realize that I cannot add another IM account, and my sms account appears without my number. I did everything again installing one file at the time and restarting luna, and I found out that the problem was installing the PATCH file, blocks everything!, any suggestions. I got a palm pre plus cdma running on verizon webos 1.4.1.1 unlocked for mexico.
    Ok, you install the patch file and you can't add accounts... please try with the all plugins file.
    I think the problem here is that the patch was developed on a german GSM Pre, and as I've seen, my SMS account don't have my phone number either (Telcel, GSM, Mexico).

Try with the all plugins file, restart Luna and try to add accounts. It should work. It it doesn't, report it

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoes View Post
    But i use facebook oO
    I know, but you want names, don't you?

Delete your facebook messaging account (just the messaging one)

Then create a jabber account:
    Username: username@chat.facebook.com
    Resource: Pidgin (I don't remember if this can go blank)
    Server: chat.facebook.com
    Port: 5222
    Use TLS: False
    Enable Avatars: False
    Password: your password

It will work, trust me

Ok that works! Thank you very much!
    Is there any way to get rid of the facebook numbers? I removed the account, but
    the numbers are still there oO
    (Also the icq ans msn contacts appear twice now )
    Last edited by JohnDoes; 09/10/2010 at 04:25 AM.
    I had trouble installing the messaging system patches. It said it could not find the files. I am using WebOS QuickINstall 3.14.

Now it is telling me that the MessagingPlugins2.5.0-Palm-Pre.zip file does not appear to be a valid archive. Any help?
    try erasing your cache and try to download the zip file again.

inside the zip file you'll find the ipk files you need.
    ok i have found a way to delete all items in the messaging app manually. it's not the best way (i think), but it works:
    -first connect to your device
    -write: "sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/Palm Database.db3"
    -then ".load /usr/lib/sqlite3_palm_extension.so"
    -then delete all: "delete from com_palm_messaging_data_imgroup;"
    -quit: ".quit"

all your contacts in the messaging app are gone.

(use on your own risk )

Update: It seems that with this workaround you don't see your offline buddies anymore...hmm
    Last edited by JohnDoes; 09/11/2010 at 04:20 AM.
    Hi!
    I've installed jabber plugin to emulator and found it does not get contact names from roster. It displays addresses. My desktop client PSI displays client list right.
    Is it normal for jabber plugin? Possible to do something?
    My Facebook contacts load as the numbers of the FB accounts. I've already Synergized my Facebook account, so I don't know what else I can do besides manually link every single one with its proper account?
    Look one page before ;-)
    Hi fellas,
    any tip to get skype text-based chat working? There used to be something like ICQ transport to jabber. Anything similar for skype?
    Thx
    Hi guys,
    I still have problems getting FB chat to work. I tried the FB as well as the Jabber plugin, but I always get "Wrong user/password" although the login data is definitely correct. Adium keeps giving me an error 503.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by Chais; 09/16/2010 at 03:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chais View Post
    Hi guys,
    I still have problems getting FB chat to work. I tried the FB as well as the Jabber plugin, but I always get "Wrong user/password" although the login data is definitely correct. Adium keeps giving me an error 503.
    Any ideas?
    You should use your username, not your email to login. Are you using it? It is the one that goes in www.facebook.com/yourprofile when you go to your profile