Page 57 of 85 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
    I'm not really a computer person at all...and I honestly have no idea how to do any of this stuff @_@
    Can someone possibly send me their e-mail address to me in a private message and help me do it step by step over MSN? It would be greatly appreciated.

It's either this or that Mundu App, but I've heard that Mundu isn't as good as this.
    Hi folks,

I appreciate your work on these plugins. Im using 2.5 on GSM Pre 1.4.5 (ICQ, fb).
    Want to report some bugs (I know they were discussed, but I dont see them in "known issues" section in first post)
    - it stops sending messages when I change the way Im connected to Internet (for example from 3G to wifi) and it seems it stops even if I lose signal (not 100 % sure with this one), only solution = restart
    - facebook plugin - it has some problems to connect, sometimes it helps me to disconnect from all plugins from "buddies" page and connect again (connecting to fb only from "preferences & accounts" doesnt help)
    - just curious - will this make its way to preware? Itll be nice to be informed about updates

Thx for your work again, still better then those commerecial apps (IM+, AGILE) Ive tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    - it stops sending messages when I change the way Im connected to Internet (for example from 3G to wifi) and it seems it stops even if I lose signal (not 100 % sure with this one), only solution = restart
    Already reported, under investigation by Greg

- facebook plugin - it has some problems to connect, sometimes it helps me to disconnect from all plugins from "buddies" page and connect again (connecting to fb only from "preferences & accounts" doesnt help)
    I prefer using facebook over jabber (look for it on the facebook page), works nicer as it gets the contacts names instead of numbers.

- just curious - will this make its way to preware? Itll be nice to be informed about updates
    I really don't think so, these plugins modify several Palm core files, not only patching files, but replacing binaries altogether

Thx for your work again, still better then those commerecial apps (IM+, AGILE) Ive tried.
    Yeah, as I've said many times, Thanks Greg!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    The SMS Tone patch ... Is that the SMS tone per contact patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealJobe View Post
    The SMS Tone patch ... Is that the SMS tone per contact patch?
    It should be
    From my experience, I uninstall every sms/messaging patch, and then install this. Hope it works!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hi nutty, I am in office communicator, and i cant seem to sign out of it now. I select sign-out on the communicator account option, but it seems to leave me logged in. Any ideas there?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Actually, it appears to sign me out if I use the sign-out function where the contacts are all displayed.

Is there a way to flush my communicator contacts with the Office Communicator plugin? They are out of sync, and using the R/W Contacts button in the account settings page does not seem to work.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Well ! My device stopped responding, and now it appears I can sign in with Communicator but all of my contacts are gone. I dont get an error of any kind through. Any ideas?

My account has now disappeared too, so I performed a reset and reinstall to no avail
    Last edited by TheRealJobe; 09/01/2010 at 03:42 PM.
    Wow, this is really nice. Installed one by one and luna restarted. Have an unactivated Pre, using it via wifi only, and it's nice really.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I really hate to ask, but I'm really struggling to get this to work.

I just don't understand the instructions to install this or anything. I've downloaded the zip with a bunch of files in it but I don't know what I'm supposed to do with them or where to put them?

Can anyone give me a step-by-step guide for getting this working on the Palm Pre? I don't do technical things with my phone much at all so I guess that explains why I can't understand what I'm doing.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitter View Post
    I really hate to ask, but I'm really struggling to get this to work.

I just don't understand the instructions to install this or anything. I've downloaded the zip with a bunch of files in it but I don't know what I'm supposed to do with them or where to put them?

Can anyone give me a step-by-step guide for getting this working on the Palm Pre? I don't do technical things with my phone much at all so I guess that explains why I can't understand what I'm doing.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out.
    Glitter,

First let me ask you if you have been able to install and use WebOS Quick Install and Preware?

If you have not been able to install any 'homebrew' apps or patches via these two applications, then take the time to learn those two things first before you even attempt to install the Messaging Plugins.

You need to understand how those two products work in order to play around with any of this stuff.

For me, I read and re-read the instructions for WebOS Quick Install (we are all using version 3.14) for a couple of days before I was comfortable even attempting to do any of this stuff (that was over a year ago now).

So take your time and go slow, it will come and end up being the easiest thing to do, and you will laugh about how easy it really is.

The first page of any thread (for an app, such as Messaging Plugins, or WebOS Quick Install) always has the full instructions (usually step by step) on how to install things.

With WebOS Quick Install, there is even a YouTube video on how to install it and use it, and it is step by step.

Look for that video on the first page of WebOS Quick Install 3.14.

If you know how to use WebOS Quick Install, then you need to follow the instructions on the first page of this thread (go to the top and click on 'first').

You are going to install the messagingSYS file first, then you will install the MessagingPATCH, and lastly you will install either ALL of the messagingPLUGINS or just the particular one you want to have.

In my case, I only want the Microsoft Messenger Client, so I only install the MessagingLIVE plugin as the last of the 3 items to install.

Oh almost forgot, you must first before all of these 3 install the 'org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv7.ipk', (I believe it's up to version 2.5.9-4). This is the very first patch that you need to install.

As I said, the full instructions are on the first page.

So if you have any questions from this, please specify what part is confusing you so the people here can help you better. We need to know what you are stuck on learning or doing, what part?

Hope this helps you.

Rob

PS The first page of this thread also contains links to WebOS Quick Install so you can easily get there if you need to start from that point.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

hey guys how do i get the ppl name on fb patch to work?
    Thank you - works perfectly!
    Excelent work... a lot of thanks!!
    What I'm having trouble with is where do I extract or install any of these files I'm getting from these .zip files? I have absolutely no idea and I'm finding myself opening a million different tabs to all sorts of different threads and clicking all these links and it's just confusing me even more than before.

I really do appreciate the help, rlanza1054, but I guess I'm just going to get rid of this phone the moment my contract ends in June next year and get a phone where the company has the common sense to add a popular IM program by default. Barely anyone really uses AIM in England (for obvious reasons I guess) and I don't know anyone who even uses Google Talk, so neither are useful at all. To ignore MSN, which happens to be one of the most popular IM programs, it baffles me as to how they could not even think to add it. If they can add AIM and GT, I'm not sure what was stopping them from adding MSN as well.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Hi Greg,

First, thanks for the great work you did.
    I have a suggestion, is there a way you could edit the first post and update the download links?
    Unless Pre Central put a time limit to edit your own threads...

Edit: There some issues with the .ipk files. It is asking me for the GNU patch, that is already installed using Preware (using Jason's 4x4 patch that requires GNU patch by default):
    Code:
    # ipkg install org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.3_armv7.ipk
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles
    Installing org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles (2.0.3) to root...
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    Collected errors:
    ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles:
    	 org.webosinternals.patch
    Last edited by T3CK; 09/05/2010 at 06:44 AM.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Hi Greg,

First, thanks for the great work you did.
    I have a suggestion, is there a way you could edit the first post and update the download links?
    Unless Pre Central put a time limit to edit your own threads...

Edit: There some issues with the .ipk files. It is asking me for the GNU patch, that is already installed using Preware (using Jason's 4x4 patch that requires GNU patch by default):
    Code:
    # ipkg install org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.3_armv7.ipk
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles
    Installing org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles (2.0.3) to root...
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    Collected errors:
    ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles:
    	 org.webosinternals.patch
    Why are you trying to install it with ipkg if the first post states that you must use webOS Quick Install?
    Try uninstalling GNU patch, reinstalling it, and then with WOSQI go and install the files

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitter View Post
    What I'm having trouble with is where do I extract or install any of these files I'm getting from these .zip files? I have absolutely no idea and I'm finding myself opening a million different tabs to all sorts of different threads and clicking all these links and it's just confusing me even more than before.

I really do appreciate the help, rlanza1054, but I guess I'm just going to get rid of this phone the moment my contract ends in June next year and get a phone where the company has the common sense to add a popular IM program by default. Barely anyone really uses AIM in England (for obvious reasons I guess) and I don't know anyone who even uses Google Talk, so neither are useful at all. To ignore MSN, which happens to be one of the most popular IM programs, it baffles me as to how they could not even think to add it. If they can add AIM and GT, I'm not sure what was stopping them from adding MSN as well.
    You have to know how to use webOS Quick Install at least (and to use it you have to enter developer mode on your Pre).

The absolute minimum would be:

Enter developer mode on your Pre
    Run webOS Quick Install
    Download "GNU Patch" on WOSQI
    Add the files (sysfiles, patch, and the plugins you want)
    Install them.

i dont know if somebody can help me , but i need a lil help with my messaging app, i remember uninstalling the plug in from preware before the update , when i update my phone i saw that i still have the accept bad cert on/off and every time i add an account dont show me under the phone number in case i want to erase the account, that mean in case i want to erase some account (yahoo.aol or google) i cant ... my question is what do to restore my messaging app? thank you for any help
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    i dont know if somebody can help me , but i need a lil help with my messaging app, i remember uninstalling the plug in from preware before the update , when i update my phone i saw that i still have the accept bad cert on/off and every time i add an account dont show me under the phone number in case i want to erase the account, that mean in case i want to erase some account (yahoo.aol or google) i cant ... my question is what do to restore my messaging app? thank you for any help
    You should had uninstalled the plugins, the sysfiles and the patch (yes, all of them) before the update

You have 2 options:
    You might try to doctor your phone, but, if you had the plugins and accounts on them, the safest bet will be:
    * Backup all your contacts
    * Disable your Profile backup (erasing your accounts info)
    * Doctor your phone
    * Restore your contacts
    * Install the patch, sysfiles, plugins
    * Be happy again.

I don't have much trouble with this because all my contacts are either on Google, Facebook or my Exchange account, so your mileage may vary.

Now, if you don't want or can't erase the information on your Profile, there is another method that involves some fiddling with your Palm Database, but this way you don't need to erase your profile. If you need it, PM me because it's a bit dangerous if done wrong.