Page 56 of 85 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Ok, I never had the problem but I think it might be related to the fact that Greg lives in Europe and I think his Pre doesn't have Yahoo (mine neither, GSM Mexico), so I think he just "killed" Yahoo by mistake since my Office Communicator appears as a Yahoo account if I leave it there on my Palm Profile.

I hope he can clarify this
    its not in the old version I have either, you have to install the one that says "all plugins" for it to show up
    Last edited by SirSilvia; 08/26/2010 at 07:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSilvia View Post
    -Doctored again (Sprint build 148.194 old version)-

Updated OTA and will let ya know what happens.
    Messengers worked, installed the old version of the messenger patch (2.3.0) also to see if that works first.
    Worked.
    Uninstalled and installed the 2.5.0
    Worked, all accounts.

:/ so idk, to me it looks like it's something "off" about the new copy the doctor I have. At least that process of elimination showed anyhow.
    Last edited by SirSilvia; 08/26/2010 at 07:47 PM.
    fromloudseat-lm:~ marcov$ /opt/PalmSDK/Current/bin/palm-install ~/m/org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.5.0_armv7.ipk
    installing package /Users/marcov/m/org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.5.0_armv7.ipk on device "castle-linux" {cdd63372ffbe61bdc742a594d81c3df519536409} usb 64608
    palm-install: FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL

Ideas?
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Also, Yahoo! has NEVER worked for me. It's included in stock WebOS but it won't ever let me log on. Is this simply broken?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    fromloudseat-lm:~ marcov$ /opt/PalmSDK/Current/bin/palm-install ~/m/org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.5.0_armv7.ipk
    installing package /Users/marcov/m/org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.5.0_armv7.ipk on device "castle-linux" {cdd63372ffbe61bdc742a594d81c3df519536409} usb 64608
    palm-install: FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL

Ideas?
    AAaaaand, here we go again
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2273442

Use webOS Quick Install to install all files at once, I did the same mistake a long time ago
    Also, Yahoo! has NEVER worked for me. It's included in stock WebOS but it won't ever let me log on. Is this simply broken?
    Logged into mine right now, worked stock (when I wasn't having webos update problems) and worked later after patch install.
    Is WebOS Quick Install the ONLY way to get this on my phone?
    Problem is: WebOS Quick Install doesn't work on my system. It launches but it won't install anything. Never has. That's why I was using commandline install.
    Is WebOS Quick Install the ONLY way to get this on my phone?
    Problem is: WebOS Quick Install doesn't work on my system. It launches but it won't install anything. Never has. That's why I was using commandline install.
    That's odd because I think it works on Win2k, XP, 7 and Mac right?
    as long as dev mode is enabled it seems to work. Other times it failed for me was because I bombed the phone with conflicting patches and had to remove them.

I seem to have a lot of obscure problems, but I know that it's fixable.
    What's this "included in stock WebOS"? I've never seen a Yahoo option on my Pre Plus (Verizon). *confused*
    its one sprint's. and the messaging patch only installs the protocols that don't already exist. this must be why. for crying out loud I've got no idea why they removed the yahoo protocol.
    wow, kinda agitates me now lol
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSilvia View Post
    That's odd because I think it works on Win2k, XP, 7 and Mac right?
    as long as dev mode is enabled it seems to work. Other times it failed for me was because I bombed the phone with conflicting patches and had to remove them.

I seem to have a lot of obscure problems, but I know that it's fixable.
    Me too. All sorts of things don't work right on my Mac while they do just fine for the rest of the world. WebOS Quick Install launches but it doesn't do anything. You can click the install button all you want but nothing happens. It just sits there. Meta-doctor images cooked on my mac don't run. The Yahoo! thing is weird too. Both me and my wife can't sign on to Yahoo! messenger from our Pre. Not even straight after running WebOS Doctor. This too works fine for everyone else.

I'm getting too old for this *****...
    idk anyone I can test with a Mac, it's gotta work.
    Thanks!! I tried your recommendations and it looks like I'm able to log into MS OC. It's a bit strange how to lauch the app and send/receive messages so I'm still trying to figure all that out but I was able to log on, see my contacts (or "buddies" now) and send a message to a coworker. Seems like it's really slow though, for example trying to scroll through the contacts is very slow and difficult.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcash14 View Post
    Thanks!! I tried your recommendations and it looks like I'm able to log into MS OC. It's a bit strange how to lauch the app and send/receive messages so I'm still trying to figure all that out but I was able to log on, see my contacts (or "buddies" now) and send a message to a coworker. Seems like it's really slow though, for example trying to scroll through the contacts is very slow and difficult.

Thanks again!
    It's not that hard:

You go into the messaging app, and go into buddies.
    There you'll find the status icon, tap it and select online.
    Your Pre will try and connect to all the messaging accounts you have.
    After that, and after the icon stops spinning, you can send messages to whoever you want.

I recomend that you go into your contacts app and merge them manually so your Pre merge the conversations for a single contact, being SMS, MSN, MOC, or whatever, in a single thread, it's great once its working!

And, remember, if I helped you, press the thanks button on the post
    WebOS Quick Install works fine on *my* Mac (OS X 10.6.4). That doesn't help TheMarco at all except to say not to give up.

So, since I'm on Verizon and apparently Verizon intentionally disabled Yahoo, if I install the all protocols patch and remove the individual plugins, will Yahoo capability appear or no? I installed the individual plugins because I thought making fewer changes would be better than making more changes, but that might have backfired on me.
    I tried using the "all plugins" package. Still getting "could not connect to server" when I attempt to sign in to an AIM account.

Also, Yahoo did not appear on my list of account types under "Add an account".

Experiment failed on both counts. Darn!

I need to yell at Verizon about Yahoo, I think. What a putz move!
    OK, I removed the patches and got my AIM back.

I reinstalled the patches one at a time (I didn't restart Luna after each patch addition, but I did one at a time rather than queueing all three up in QuickInstall).

Now I have AIM working and Yahoo working as well.

So let this be a lesson to anyone reading this in preparation of installing the patches: don't put all your files in QuickInstall and hit install. Instead install each and only install the next when the last is complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by smscotten View Post
    OK, I removed the patches and got my AIM back.

I reinstalled the patches one at a time (I didn't restart Luna after each patch addition, but I did one at a time rather than queueing all three up in QuickInstall).

Now I have AIM working and Yahoo working as well.

So let this be a lesson to anyone reading this in preparation of installing the patches: don't put all your files in QuickInstall and hit install. Instead install each and only install the next when the last is complete.
    yeah exactly, learned that a while ago lol.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smscotten View Post
    So, since I'm on Verizon and apparently Verizon intentionally disabled Yahoo, if I install the all protocols patch and remove the individual plugins, will Yahoo capability appear or no? I installed the individual plugins because I thought making fewer changes would be better than making more changes, but that might have backfired on me.
    it appeared for me (vzw pre+ ) I installed the patches rebooted. & then installed jabber & msn only & I have aim, yahoo, google, msn & jabber all listed
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    it appeared for me (vzw pre+ ) I installed the patches rebooted. & then installed jabber & msn only & I have aim, yahoo, google, msn & jabber all listed
    Didn't appear here (GSM Pre, Telcel Mexico)