Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSilvia View Post
    luna restart
    java services restart
    device restart
    mmm... WebOS version? Carrier? Wasn't you who was in AT&T and this didn't work? Because with a simple Luna Restart after installing did the trick here (Telcel, 1.4.5)
    Sprint with full signal
    WebOS 1.4.5
    Ran EPR again yesterday.
    Doctored twice last week.

I remebered a while ago having an epic PITA time for some reason. So I never uninstalled the messenger when doing WebOS updates. And last week I decided to start fresh, when I found some new mods to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcash14 View Post
    I just converted from my Windows Mobile phone (HATED IT!) to a Palm Pre Plus (LOVE IT so far!). Was amazed to see this plug in for MS OC, since this is critical for work. I was able to install everything fine and it is allowing me to add an OC account, but I keep getting "Could not connect to the server. Try again."

I'm sure it just has to do with the way I'm configuring it. On my old phone, the Communicator Mobile settings were as follows:

Sign-in Address: my email address
    Domain\username: mycodomain\username (obviously not my exact name!)
    External Server Name: sip-external.hp.com:5061
    Internal Server Name: sip-remote.hp.com:5061
    Connect using: TLS

So, I'm not exactly sure what to put in the Palm settings:
    Username: my email address
    Login (Domain\username): mycodomain\username
    Proxy Settings: Enable Proxy FALSE
    User Agent: **not sure what this is or what to put here!!
    Server: **should I enter the "internal" or "remote" server??
    Port: 5061
    Security Settings: Use TLS - TRUE
    Password: <my domain/username password>

Any suggestions???

THANKS!!!!!
    Did you enable the "Accept Bad Cert" on the main messaging accounts page?

I'd use external.hp.com, and leave User Agent empty.

I've been suffering with MOC a lot, but now it works fine on my company's setup (uses TLS also).
    Sprint with full signal
    WebOS 1.4.5
    Ran EPR again yesterday.

I remebered a while ago having an epic PITA time for some reason. So I never uninstalled the messenger when doing WebOS updates. And last week I decided to start fresh, when I found some new mods to try.
    Weird. Yesterday I installed it, no messaging patches (but about 30 misc patches). It did install flawlessly.

Maybe the framework number that greg mentioned a while ago is different on your phone and you need to copy a file over?

Does gtalk still work?
    Are you using the all plugins package?
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Weird. Yesterday I installed it, no messaging patches (but about 30 misc patches). It did install flawlessly.

Maybe the framework number that greg mentioned a while ago is different on your phone and you need to copy a file over?

Does gtalk still work?
    Are you using the all plugins package?
    Just woke up, I'm going to try setting up the default YIM gTalk and AIM and see if they work before trying to install the patches again. Because they wouldn't sign in before AT ALL.

Be back in a few...
    Ok nope, none of the default accounts work. Even individually or with all three accounts setup, I do this:
    -tap the status
    -tap the "Available" option
    :it says "Signing In..." for a second then goes back to saying "Offline":
    double checked the patches installed didn't have the messenger patch anywhere.
    -Installed the system files ok
    -Tried installing main patch and got this error
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    double checked the patches installed didn't have the messenger patch anywhere.
    -Installed the system files ok
    -Tried installing main patch and got this error
    I had this type error and the WebOSRepairUtility replaced files; but, failed to eliminate the error. I used the Emergency Patch Recovery to remove left-=over parts of patches completely.

Give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    I had this type error and the WebOSRepairUtility replaced files; but, failed to eliminate the error. I used the Emergency Patch Recovery to remove left-=over parts of patches completely.

Give it a shot.
    Already did

Sprint with full signal
    WebOS 1.4.5
    Ran EPR again yesterday.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Already did
    Yep. Not knowing everything your tried, I suggest to start over. Remove everything till you have the basic Palm messaging tool functioning and then run EPR prior to reloading the messaging plug-ins.

When 1.4.5 came down for me, my previously installed patches no longer worked and PreWare had no placeholders. I had to use QuickInstall to remove everything and then put it back.

Found this comment in the 1.4.5 how to patches in one of the forums.

Stuck Patches - To force the removal of all patches and themes, use the WebOS Repair Utility on your computer and click Options then Override Compatibility. You can also restore factory settings by using the WebOS Doctor to remove all personal data.

Good luck
    that's what's weird. Somewhere in the Palm profile is saving odd bits of data. Like my launcher pages. Something tells me that it's possibly saving other info. Because even after device info full reset, doctoring, and EPR. I still have problems with certain patches. And I haven't installed those patches that help prevent loss against doctoring for this specific reason. (pic below)
    as much as I'd hate to... for the 3rd or 4th time.
    I'll run EPR, reset the phone, run initial setup, then doctor and run setup again.

before I install anything else, I'll make sure the default messaging protocols work, then try installing this patch set again.
    BTW checked the log and found this after trying the install one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by webos-patches.log
    ----------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Wed Aug 25 12:33:22 EDT 2010
    Messaging Plugins

CHECKING FAILED!
    Patching of messaging-constants will fail! Another patch must have modified this file. Fix this file and try again.

I installed the sysfiles fine, got that error again when installing the main patch and that's what the log says above. You think I can maybe try using the old version of the messenger patch set? I have v2.3.0 that I have saved to the computer

I'm still copying down the stuff I have installed so far so I don't have to guess what I already installed and want back again.
    BTW checked the log and found this after trying the install one more time.

I installed the sysfiles fine, got that error again when installing the main patch and that's what the log says above. You think I can maybe try using the old version of the messenger patch set? I have v2.3.0 that I have saved to the computer

I'm still copying down the stuff I have installed so far so I don't have to guess what I already installed and want back again.
    No, no, if you have absolutely no messaging related patches, you should grab the original messaging-constants.jsjsjs $from$ $the$ $webos$ $doctor$ $file$, $and$ $use$ $WOSQI$ $to$ $copy$ $it$ $to$ $your$ $Pre$, $then$ $try$ $installing$ $again$. $At$ $least$ $that$'$s$ $what$ $I$ $do$
    how do I pull that specific file from the WOSQI?
    nvm, I uses winrar (durr) but did not find the "messaging-constants.jsjsjs&$quot$; $in$ $the$ $doctor$ $files$ ($in$ $the$ $1$.$3$.$x$ $version$ $or$ $the$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $version$ $I$ $have$) $and$ $for$ $the$ $heck$ $of$ $it$ $I$ $looked$ $through$ $the$ $WOSQI$ $file$ $too$.
    nvm, I uses winrar (durr) but did not find the "messaging-constants.jsjsjs&$quot$; $in$ $the$ $doctor$ $files$ ($in$ $the$ $1$.$3$.$x$ $version$ $or$ $the$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $version$ $I$ $have$) $and$ $for$ $the$ $heck$ $of$ $it$ $I$ $looked$ $through$ $the$ $WOSQI$ $file$ $too$.
    You just didn't look far enough

Extract the contents of webosdoctor.jar
    Inside you'll find webos.tar under resources folder, extract the contents of this.
    Inside webos.tar you'll find nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz, extract it.

There you'll find the filesystem that is flashed to your Pre on every webos Doctoring, here you can find the files that get modified by patches, and recover the original files.

You're looking for the file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs

There it is, I found it in my webosdoctor.jar
    yeah i figured that when I found .jars inside of .jars
    I really needed that patch which helped greatly
    yeah i figured that when I found .jars inside of .jars
    I really needed that patch which helped greatly
    So? Did it work?
    next thing is, since it's the same file system. Do I copy that file out and replace the one on my Pre? I looked at my phone in USB mode, and cannot find that path at all. is it only accessible through WOSQI and manually typing in the path?