Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1693
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    If I remember correctly, an earlier post indicated to leave it blank.

Found it. Page 25 post #493.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I left it blank initially and it didn't seem to work - just kept trying to sign in. So I filled it in with, "chat.facebook.com" and now it works perfectly. Oddly though, I have a "Buddies" list and a second list called, "Other Contacts" - the other contacts, however, are also listed in my buddies. It's quite puzzling; but I'm glad I have my facebook chat up and running now.

Thanks for all your help Dale46!
    Just downloaded and tried out the sametime client for work. I can receive messages fine but have two problems: 1) when i try to respond to an IM, I always get a user is offline error message and 2) when i reboot my phone it automatically signs me in, can i turn that part off?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tjp188 View Post
    Just downloaded and tried out the sametime client for work. I can receive messages fine but have two problems: 1) when i try to respond to an IM, I always get a user is offline error message and 2) when i reboot my phone it automatically signs me in, can i turn that part off?
    ADD ST Buddies: This is the part of Sametime that was still to be developed by Greg.

1) The IM error will occur until you add buddies so your phone can see them even though the messages are delivered. I was able to install Pidgin on my PC to add buddies that appear in the ST client on my phone. Install free from the web. Pidgin, the universal chat client
    2) I get the same when on my corporate network. I have to go to the account individually and log off while at my PC. Then turn it on when I am away and want to be contacted. This may be one of those features from the PRE autoconnect!

Dale
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    There is a problem with the installation.

After the installation of the patch, the reload arrow (in the grey reload button) is missing in the browser and "Spiegel" app.

The patch (and sysfile) was the only thing I installed on fresh doctored Pre (o2 Germany)..

Beside that, Yahoo is not working at all anymore. It is not reconnecting after a disconnect, it is shown as available, but it is not logged in.
    Last edited by brasax; 08/17/2010 at 04:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hello

i guess i got problem installing in 1.4.5
    when i installing the org.webosinternals.messaginpatch file, i got an error... say it cannot be installed....
    so i cannot enable it.. last time i try it in 1.4.1, it works... so any update or workaround ?

Donny
    Quote Originally Posted by brasax View Post
    There is a problem with the installation.

After the installation of the patch, the reload arrow (in the grey reload button) is missing in the browser and "Spiegel" app.

The patch (and sysfile) was the only thing I installed on fresh doctored Pre (o2 Germany)..

Beside that, Yahoo is not working at all anymore. It is not reconnecting after a disconnect, it is shown as available, but it is not logged in.
    Here is the solution I posted awhile back to get the image back on your device. the version number for the framework will be different depending on which version of webOS is installed so replace 338 with the highest number directory in the submissions directory. You can use internalz app on your device to check for that.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I was wondering what messed up the refresh icon. Note this effects any app that uses palms refresh icon app (facebook, some twitter clients, etc). menu-icon-refresh.png is missing from the /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/images/ directory. Sending the file from the doctor using webos quick install or repair utility or by copying in from the SDK folder on your PC by any means to the device and then to that directory. All sorts of options. I used zumodrive to copy it and then internalz to move the file to that directory.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Here is the solution I posted awhile back to get the image back on your device. the version number for the framework will be different depending on which version of webOS is installed so replace 338 with the highest number directory in the submissions directory. You can use internalz app on your device to check for that.
    Your fix worked great. I have installed the Sprint 1.4.5 OS update.
    I found the menu-icon-refresh.png file in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images directory on my Pre and copied it into /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/347/images director using Novacom. The reload button is no longer "grey'ed out".

Thanks
    Dale
    Last edited by Dale46; 08/17/2010 at 11:13 PM.
    finally got it work on my Pixi+. Thanks for all your effort !
    After I installed live messenger plug. all person on my msn list were sync to the contact list. Is there any way to avoid it happen?
    I just converted from my Windows Mobile phone (HATED IT!) to a Palm Pre Plus (LOVE IT so far!). Was amazed to see this plug in for MS OC, since this is critical for work. I was able to install everything fine and it is allowing me to add an OC account, but I keep getting "Could not connect to the server. Try again."

I'm sure it just has to do with the way I'm configuring it. On my old phone, the Communicator Mobile settings were as follows:

Sign-in Address: my email address
    Domain\username: mycodomain\username (obviously not my exact name!)
    External Server Name: sip-external.hp.com:5061
    Internal Server Name: sip-remote.hp.com:5061
    Connect using: TLS

So, I'm not exactly sure what to put in the Palm settings:
    Username: my email address
    Login (Domain\username): mycodomain\username
    Proxy Settings: Enable Proxy FALSE
    User Agent: **not sure what this is or what to put here!!
    Server: **should I enter the "internal" or "remote" server??
    Port: 5061
    Security Settings: Use TLS - TRUE
    Password: <my domain/username password>

Any suggestions???

THANKS!!!!!
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylu View Post
    After I installed live messenger plug. all person on my msn list were sync to the contact list. Is there any way to avoid it happen?
    Umm, that's the point of this patch, if you don't want that then use im+ or mundu
    doctored my pre and followed instructions, only YIM gTalk and AIM show up
    Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    Umm, that's the point of this patch, if you don't want that then use im+ or mundu
    In android there is an option than can only show the contact with phone number. I think that's make more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylu View Post
    In android there is an option than can only show the contact with phone number. I think that's make more sense.
    although I kinda wanted that at first. I saw that having a universal global search is amazing. Not having to open the I'm app first before picking who you want contact and how.

ex someone you're IMing at work leaves to go on break, you simply tap the top right and choose "text" to continue the convo.

also kinda forces someone to identify the people on your list so it's not all "xXbabyhawtgurlXx" and "TimIsTheMan6542" popping up on the contact list which IMHO looks dumb lol.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I think I found the problem with Yahoo and the unstable connection..

It seems, it is the filmanager, after deinstallation of it, the connection is stable again..

During charging or if the display was on, the connection was stable, if the display was off, Yahoo was disconnecting/reconnecting every minute..
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutsKohl View Post
    WebOS 1.4.5
    Patch 2.4.0
    Facebook-Plugin

I've got 2 IM-groups called 'Real Life' and 'Others' in which every contact is displayed as it should. But about 10% of the contacts are also listed in a group called 'Buddies'. I've never created such a list and they are listed in both groups - Real Life OR Others AND 'Buddies'. I can't see a reason why severals are listed there and most of the contacts are not. Most of all I would like to hide or remove this ghastly group.

Any idea how to?
    WebOS 1.4.5, Patch 2.5.0, with all plugins installed but only utilizing Jabber/XMPP (for Facebook) and Google Talk.

Same problem/question as HelmutsKohl. Does anyone know why some users show up as BOTH "Buddies" and "Friends"? I can't seem to find a pattern as to why some show up as both, and some/most don't. I just want everyone together under "Friends".

I couldn't find where anyone responded to HelmutsKohl, so if this was ever addressed, I apologize; please feel free to point me to the answer. If not, does anyone know the reason, and is there a resolution? Thanks!

/Kevin
    I know there are a specific set of groups on MSN that you cannot remove, and as for AIM. I've seen on my personal AIM list the contact I had long erased had come back at least once and it depends on who and what you use as a client.

What I did was install the actual clients on the computer and re-sort everything again, and empty groups don't show up on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSilvia View Post
    doctored my pre and followed instructions, only YIM gTalk and AIM show up
    Did you restart your Pre after installing?
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Did you restart your Pre after installing?
    luna restart
    java services restart
    device restart